watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TOOFIF Book

Started by DLTOOFIF, November 18, 2018, 12:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLTOOFIF

Well that was a surreal week. I am now not only a published author but also a general nuisance at my local Post Office! Thank you everyone who's supported the TOOFIF book venture - not least the Fulham Supporters' Trust and those who 'volunteered' for the q&a at the book launch: Simon Morgan, Les Strong, David Daly, Dean Jones and Dave Kidd, admirably chaired by Alan Smith. ALL orders received thus far are either in the post or, in the case of those received this weekend, all set to go out tomorrow morning. No idea what I'm waffling on about (no change there!)...? Well, check out toofif.co.uk , ashwaterpress.co.uk or fulhamish.co.uk/shop for further details and how to order. It's also available to buy on amazon. Thanks!

Fulham1959

I have already enthused (twice) on an earlier thread, which should have had the same title as yours.  So, David, my comments may appear to be solicited !  I can assure readers of this site that they are not.

It's a fabulous, sumptuous, detailed book.  I have spotted some typos but they are inevitable - they're the sort that the author will spot immediately after giving the authorisation to print  :003:

I just want to add 'congratulations'.  Having written/compiled some booklets and books for my family, I know how proud, pleased and relieved you will have felt to finally hold the physical product in your hands.

DLTOOFIF

I'm mortified about the typos. I had ample time factored in to make detailed checks for precisely this sort of thing. Unfortunately outside influences took over and my 'to-do' list went down the pan; an incident at work made me very ill at precisely the wrong time. I was knocked sideways for 3-4 weeks. In the end we (I'm including my fantastic designer in this) only made it over the finish line thanks to two exhausting all-nighters. I've not had the balls to look at the pages since. Thankfully the feedback has been hugely encouraging up to now.

MJG

Quote from: DLTOOFIF on November 19, 2018, 01:46:08 PM
I'm mortified about the typos. I had ample time factored in to make detailed checks for precisely this sort of thing. Unfortunately outside influences took over and my 'to-do' list went down the pan; an incident at work made me very ill at precisely the wrong time. I was knocked sideways for 3-4 weeks. In the end we (I'm including my fantastic designer in this) only made it over the finish line thanks to two exhausting all-nighters. I've not had the balls to look at the pages since. Thankfully the feedback has been hugely encouraging up to now.
Dave, Don't beat yourself up about this, its a great book and all the feedback is great. Im halfway through (Thanks for the mention) and its just brining the memories flooding back.
All the hard work everyone put in at the times of trouble and all rewarded in some ways back in May.

Great event last week to launch it and for me its the magazine in large...and very heavy...format.

Great stuff

Mike
Just the views of a long term fan