more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (19/11/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 19, 2018, 07:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Arsenal: Calum Chambers needs shot at a future for more than one reason

Arsenal were quick to loan out Calum Chambers, despite his obvious merits, but he needs a future at the Emirates for more than one reason.

Arsenal's defense is always going to be the subject of intense speculation, especially when you have the likes of Calum Chambers sent out on loan while the defense has fallen a bit short-staffed at times.

I have been good about not bringing this up too often. At the start of the season, I was pretty irked that Unai Emery, after singing Chambers' praises, would then see him loaned away to Fulham, where the Englishman has only now started to find his footing.

What irked me most, though, was the fact that he had already done this. He did it for Boro, he was incredibly convincing, and he came back to the Emirates with a fresh lease on life at Arsenal, and he lived up to that billing when he was called upon in the starting XI.

Apparently the club thought otherwise. But Emery still held to his statement that Chambers was a part of the Gunners' future, even as he packed himself for a year long stay at Fulham.

There isn't a lot of chatter about Chambers coming back to the club. Rather, there is far more chatter surrounding potential centerback signings, ignoring that Chambers is still out there, deserving of that chance hen never fully got.

Chambers was just starting to showcase his tremendous talent at the club, and the improvements he had made, when it was called to a premature end. But his talent alone isn't the only reason that I'm really rooting for him to get another shot at the club.

The other reason is because Emery said he would. This may sound minuscule of perhaps petty, but after going through so many years of Arsene Wenger's word games, and his 'that player will not be sold' before they actually were sold, I think we all grew a bit tired of the double-meanings.

This may sound stupid, but I want a manager whose word I trust. Wenger never explicitly lied, at least I don't think he did so intentionally. But I would hate for one of Emery's first to go... awry. Maybe this is a small gripe, but it just compiles on why Chambers needs another chance.

Not that we need another reason, I mean, the dude was just starting to come around.

https://paininthearsenal.com/2018/11/18/arsenal-calum-chambers-future/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic admits he's 'stupid' after Serbia beat Montenegro

Serbia 2 – Montenegro 1

It was a good night for Serbia in the UEFA Nations League on Saturday as they beat Montenegro 2-1.

Playing at the Stadion Rajko Mitic, Serbia scored twice in three first half minutes to set up the win.

Adem Ljajic broke the deadlock for the hosts, before Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic doubled the advantage.

Stefan Mugosa scored for Montenegro in the 70th minute.

Fulham's Mitrovic: 'I'm stupid'

It was a night of mixed fortunes for Fulham striker Mitrovic.

Mitrovic scored a terrific goal for Serbia in the 32nd minute.

Managing to stay onside from a cross from the left hand side, the Fulham attacker volleyed a sweet shot into the near post with his right foot.

Aleksandar Mitrovic scores a volley vs Montenegro

Six minutes later, after Man United's Nemanja Matic went down in the box, Mitrovic was handed the opportunity to score a second.

However the Fulham centre-forward fluffed the spot-kick.

Mitrovic tried to score a panenka penalty. However he screwed his effort up, and the penalty flew over the bar.

After the match Mitrovic gave an honest appraisal of his missed spot-kick:

I have no idea why I've done that, I was watching [Memphis] Depay yesterday and decided at last moment. I am stupid!

Even with his failed penalty, Mitrovic is on fire for Serbia.

Mitrovic has scored 11 goals in 11 internationals, including five goals in the UEFA Nations League.

Claudio Ranieri & Fulham

Fulham now have a new manager: Claudio Ranieri.

In his unveiling press conference at Craven Cottage, Ranieri promised his players McDonald's if they can keep clean sheets.

Fulham are bottom of the Premier League with just five points from 12 games.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/fulhams-aleksandar-mitrovic-admits-hes-stupid-after-serbia-beat-montenegro/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic's international form sends Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri a clear message

On Saturday night, Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic inspired Serbia to a 2-1 victory over Montenegro in the UEFA Nations League.

The striker scored a lovely first-half goal and was a constant threat throughout the match, sending new Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri a clear message that Mitrovic is an integral part of the squad.

After the appointment of the Italian manager, some had speculated that Ranieri's counter-attacking style of play would clash with Mitrovic's approach.

Comparisons were made to Rafa Benitez's philosophy at Newcastle United, which sharply contrasted with the striker's skill-set and led to the Serbian being offloaded to Fulham.

Yet if anyone had any doubt that Mitrovic was an untouchable member of the Whites, the 24-year-old dispelled such notions with a superb flicked volley on Saturday.

Although the forward also missed a penalty, the strike marked Mitrovic's fifth in five Nations League matches.

During a time when Claudio Ranieri will surely be evaluating his squad, Aleksandar Mitrovic established a clear claim to retaining his starting berth with a fine international goalscoring display.

https://tbrfootball.com/aleksandar-mitrovics-international-form-sends-fulham-manager-claudio-ranieri-a-clear-message/

WhiteJC

Report: Huddersfield Town and Fulham want Liverpool's Dominic Solanke

Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke is reportedly on the radar of West Ham United, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield Town and Fulham.

Earlier this month, The Sun reported of West Ham United and Crystal Palace's interest in Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke.

Liverpool were reported to be willing to let Solanke leave on loan in the January transfer window, with Premier League rivals West Ham and Palace claimed to be interested in securing the services of the 21-year-old former Chelsea prospect.

It has now been reported by the same publication that Huddersfield Town and Fulham are looking at the England international striker.

According to The Sun on Sunday (print edition, page 60, Sunday, November 18, 2018), Huddersfield manager David Wagner and London club Fulham are interested in Solanke - who earns £25,000 per week as salary, according to Spotrac.com.

Good move?

Solanke is a talented and promising young striker, and the England international would be a good loan signing for Huddersfield or Fulham.

While one should not expect the former Chelsea prospect to start banging in the goals, the 21-year-old could chip in with important strikes and will give options off the substitutes' bench.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/18/report-huddersfield-town-and-fulham-want-liverpools-dominic-sola/

WhiteJC

Leicester City players unlikely to be poached by Claudio Ranieri

New Fulham boss said raiding his former clubs is not his usual transfer window tactic

Poaching his former Leicester City players would be untypical of Claudio Ranieri, the new Fulham boss has said.

Ranieri has been appointed to the hotseat at Craven Cottage, tasked with turning around the fortunes at the Premier League's bottom club.

Fulham have won once this season and their leaky defence is on track to set a new league record for goals conceded.

But in the battle against the drop, Ranieri is unsure about turning to his City title-winners, with Danny Simpson and Andy King, and even Danny Drinkwater at Chelsea, currently out of favour.

"In my career, never I bring back my old players," Ranieri said. "I don't know.

"Now, for me, I love my players. I have not met them all yet because of internationals but already I love them. And I want them to bring their best.

"After, if there is something that I can say to the chairman, 'I need another player because I need this kind of player,' that is another thing. Now I need to work with those players."

Ranieri is now 67 years old but his enthusiasm for management remains undimmed.

In fact, the Italian feels the pressure when he is out of work.

"When I'm without a job I'm very nervous, very, very under pressure," Ranieri said.

"I don't have a holiday. My wife told me, 'Claudio, take a holiday, sooner or later you go back to your job'. But without a job I am very anxious.

"When I'm in a job, I'm calm. I feel good when I stay on the pitch, when I speak with my players, when I am very hungry.

"That is my life. I start at 16 years old and all my life is this – football.

"I can stay here one day or 10 years. I don't know. Always I think, this is my job. I have to do the maximum.

"Then experience tells me one year, four years, I don't know. I hope to stay here a long time. I hope."

Ranieri's third game in charge at Fulham will be against City, but he is not focusing on the past.

"I don't look behind me," he added. "On my shoulder, in my mind is all my career. And I give to my players all my career.

"My knowledge, I will give them everything. I hope they can take their ambition, because I am an ambitious man."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-players-unlikely-poached-2232537

WhiteJC

Ranieri can save Fulham from relegation if he manages to land this Celtic star in January

Dedryck Boyata

Why Fulham should reignite their interest in Dedryck Boyata

According to a report from the BBC, Celtic rejected a bid from Fulham for star defender Dedryck Boyata in the summer transfer window.

The Belgian defender later tried hard to force through an exit in the summer window but clearly, it did not materialise and he had to stay put at Celtic Park. Having fallen out of the squad due to his transfer standoff, Dedryck Boyata has worked his way back into the team and has once again established himself as a regular starter at the back for Celtic.

Dedryck Boyata, 27, however, is out of contract at Parkhead at the end of the season and Brendan Rodgers might be tempted to cash in on him in the January transfer window. As the Belgium international could be available for a reduced fee in the New Year, should Fulham reignite their interest in the defender?

Fulham sacked Slavisa Jokanovic earlier this month due to a run of poor results and have replaced him with Claudio Ranieri. Despite securing promotion to the top-flight in an emphatic manner under Slavisa Jokanovic last term, Fulham have struggled to make an impression this season.

The Cottagers spent heavily in the summer and made some exciting signings by completing deals for Aleksandar Mitrovic, Andre Schurrle, Jean Michael Seri, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Maxime Le Marchand. However, the team has just failed to gel well together and are currently at the bottom of the table, leaving Fulham owner Shahid Khan with no other option but to dismiss Jovanovic.

Now Claudio Ranieri has a massive task on his hands and he needs to start getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Fulham have the worst defence in the Premier League this term, which clearly tells Ranieri as to where the club's problems are. The Cottagers are in desperate need of a leader at the back, and in Dedryck Boyata, they will have a player capable of marshalling the troops.

Boyata has plenty of experience and was integral to the Bhoys' consecutive domestic treble triumphs. He was also a part of the Belgium squad that finished third in the summer's FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Solid in the air and hard in the tackle, the Belgian could add some much-needed solidity at the back for Fulham. He is an aggressive, powerful, no-nonsense and an aerially dominant defender who could take the team out of the rut.

Boyata can remain calm under pressure, which helps him make some timely interceptions during matches. The 27-year-old has mastered the art of tackling and could be a fantastic addition to Fulham's backline which has been all over the place.

None of the Fulham defenders have been able to put in a run of consistent displays at the back this season, which only highlights the fact that Ranieri should spend on a centre-half. And the Italian manager would do a brilliant job if he manages to land Boyata in January, as the Belgian could do wonders for the Cottagers.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/11/19/ranieri-can-save-fulham-from-relegation-if-he-manages-to-land-this-celtic-star-in-january/

WhiteJC

Dominic Solanke would be an excellent signing for Fulham to aid their survival hopes

With the news that Liverpool are looking to loan out Dominic Solanke, according to The Sun, newly appointed Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri should be looking to tie up a deal for the England U21 striker to aid his side's relegation battle.

What's the word, then?

Well, Solanke has made just six starts since arriving at Anfield last summer, managing to score just a solitary goal in his time on Merseyside. Recently, however, in an environment that he has so often thrived in, the 21-year-old scored a match-winning double for England Under-21's against Italy U21's in impressive fashion.

With Roberto Firmino, Daniel Sturridge and even Divock Origi ahead of him in the Reds' pecking order, the former Chelsea forward looks to have no future at the club and should be desperate for a move away to save his stagnating career.

Where would he fit in at Fulham?

The Premier League's basement side have only managed to score eleven goals in 12 appearances this season as a collective – only four sides have hit less. £22m man Aleksander Mitrovic has been responsible for five of those whilst others struggle to help him shoulder the burden.

Whilst on paper, Solanke doesn't appear to be a player who will come straight in and sort things out, his presence alone could fire up the Serbian forward and help him find his best form yet again.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/fulham/dominic-solanke-would-be-an-excellent-signing-for-fulham-to-aid-their-survival-hopes

WhiteJC

Mark Hughes must answer the cries as Saints fans want Armstrong to start vs Fulham

Mark Hughes already has fans crying for him to be sacked as Southampton continue to struggle in front of goal, and now fans are rallying for an outcast midfielder to start away to Fulham.

Stuart Armstrong has featured nine times since making his switch from Celtic in the summer – only twice has he started, however.

A lack of minutes at St Mary's has frustrated the 26-year-old, who recently told the BBC: "It's always hard when you're not playing games – not starting games especially – because nobody likes sitting on the bench."

Out of the possible 12 Premier League games so far, the Inverness-born ace has been called on for just 307 minutes. Yet his attacking vision has resulted in one of the highest rates for key passes per 90 minutes at Southampton – only Mohamed Elyounoussi and James Ward-Prowse have averaged more amongst the regular starters.

For Saints' next match, away to Fulham on November 24, fans are crying for Armstrong to start. The two clubs go into the tie knowing both could be in the bottom three should results not go their way.

A recent poll on Football FanCast found 79% of supporters felt he was worthy of inclusion from the off.

https://www.footballfancast.com/debate/poll-results/mark-hughes-must-answer-the-cries-as-saints-fans-want-armstrong-to-start-vs-fulham

Neil D

Never a penalty so justice was served when Mitro fluffed it.  I hope that Mitro has worked that particular technique out of his system - best left to the likes of Pirlo.  That said no-one knows who our penalty taker was under Joka this season as the referees haven't awarded us one yet...