watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

S. Sessegnon

Started by cmg, November 19, 2018, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

A second goal for Steven in England u19s second Euro Qualifier victory of the break (3-1 v Iceland).

He's impressed in the u23 matches that have been screened this season and must be on the verge of a first team outing.

Mince n Tatties

People might and most probably will disagree with this,but I've seen this sort of scenario in another field involving twins.
Ryan has been the dominant one and the one at the fore for so long,but it wouldn't surprise me when he breaks through that Steven might have an actual better career in the game than Ryan.

Cambridge Pete

Hopefully both will enjoy excellent careers and lives. It would be a joy to see them win something with us and with England.

hovewhite

Looking at our RBs this season I don't think he would be as bad as they have been.

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 19, 2018, 12:54:01 PM
People might and most probably will disagree with this,but I've seen this sort of scenario in another field involving twins.
Ryan has been the dominant one and the one at the fore for so long,but it wouldn't surprise me when he breaks through that Steven might have an actual better career in the game than Ryan.

I don't actually disagree, but offer a slightly different perspective.
In earliest days, although Ryan might have caught the eye because he was a more regular goalscorer, I think they were rated more or less equal as prospects. At first they played in the same England age group, but Steven received an injury playing for England which cost him a year's development - which is obviously a major factor at that age. Steven might still be catching up.

The development of young footballers is rarely a regular progression. A spectacular start is often followed by a more difficult period as the youngster figures out how to deal with opponents who have become familiar with their play.

Twig

I don't see it as a competition between them. Let's hope they both enjoy stellar careers whilst at FFC.

hovewhite

I think he has deserved a go at RB

davew

Quote from: hovewhite on November 19, 2018, 11:04:08 PM
I think he has deserved a go at RB
I think he should have been given a chance before now but not sure whether such a crucial game coming up is ideal for him to make a start, it would mean yet another change to our defence and we all now how previous changes have worked out!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Delboy

We have tried two supposedly experienced full backs at right back with varying degrees of success, mainly dismal. So Steven should be given a run of games to ascertain if he can cut it. I fully expect that he will. Come on CR, give him a go.

MikeW

I'd be very inclined (and happy) to give SS a go.  On Saturday.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bill2

Sorry chaps but feel in our current situation a bit too risky. I would have liked to see him play at the Man City cup game. As it was pretty obvious they were going to not play the first team but a good quality team with a number of reserves it would be a chance to see how he gets on. Would want to see him play in a cup game agains good quality opposition.

hovewhite

I believe he's good enough now,but understand both sides of the argument.

N_O_W_S

Honestly, I think he will get game time. Looking at the counter attacking football that CR set up at Leicester (and we have all made the assumption that is how we will be set up from now on) our full backs are going to be run into the ground.

I've liked what I've seen from S Sess. I'm with others and expect to see him get some game time.

Riverside

If he had been with the squad since last wed S.Sess might have a shout

As Ranieri will only meet him today or tomorrow there is no way he will play Saturday

However I am sure he will get a good look in over the next few weeks .

Ranieri will have no loyalty to any player and will use the ones that he thinks he will keep us up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfie

Playing him will set him up for a mighty fall on this board if he makes a mistake
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

N_O_W_S

Quote from: alfie on November 21, 2018, 12:19:07 PM
Playing him will set him up for a mighty fall on this board if he makes a mistake

But by that logic we should never play youth players?

I don't think he will feature this week, but given the style and demand put on full / wing backs by CR at Leicester we will need to rotate the squad.

cmg

You're probably right.
It's certainly the last thing that should bother him, or anyone else.

Marcel_Gecov

I certainly think he should be on the bench and brought on for the last 20 minutes or so if we are battering or being battered vs Southampton. If he does well, and my gut tells me he should, then a few more sub outings before a start in the FA cup and we go on from there.

I don't believe we should Jorenen/ Burgess him and throw him straight into a start, likewise a clear plan such as this will also enable players such as O'Riley, DLT see there is a clear path if they are good enough.

alfie

Quote from: Ols_S on November 21, 2018, 02:42:35 PM

But by that logic we should never play youth players?

I don't think he will feature this week, but given the style and demand put on full / wing backs by CR at Leicester we will need to rotate the squad.
Of course he needs to be played and I am sure he will be like his brother, but one mistake ?, but then again the old saying "he is one of our own" will save him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

I Ronic

Quote from: Bill2 on November 20, 2018, 02:04:25 PM
Sorry chaps but feel in our current situation a bit too risky. I would have liked to see him play at the Man City cup game. As it was pretty obvious they were going to not play the first team but a good quality team with a number of reserves it would be a chance to see how he gets on. Would want to see him play in a cup game agains good quality opposition.

+1
One of the problems we've had is playing too many combinations. I think we should stick with what's been used so far. Player A knowing Player B's weaknesses and strengths at least allows him some sense in what may happening and what he needs to do about it. Introducing a new player, particulary to a leaky defence is just going to add more confusion to the current situation.