watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question about Ranieri

Started by bobby01, November 19, 2018, 05:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Does anyone know his track record on giving youth a start, or have we seen the end of o,Reilly etc.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Holders

I asked that question in another thread and no response. It would be interesting if anyone knows.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

JDH101

I remember him playing the young central midfielder week in week out when he was at Chelski. Thats about all I got.

hovewhite

Mates a leciester supporter and said he will if there good enough,he had the young gray kid and used in him every now and again but mainly back up.

aaronmcguigan

Signed Gray as a 19 year old and he made 10 appearances in their title winning season.
The following season Chilwell broke into the Leicester first 11 under Ranieri

Dodger53

Someone told me today that he turned up to his interview with a dossier on our players and told the interviews what was wrong and what needed doing, anyone else heard this.

MJG

Quote from: Dodger53 on November 20, 2018, 06:26:18 PM
Someone told me today that he turned up to his interview with a dossier on our players and told the interviews what was wrong and what needed doing, anyone else heard this.
Yes, he was fully prepared. He also said he could speak to every player apart from Mitovic in their native language.
Just the views of a long term fan

aaronmcguigan

filham

This is no time to introduce our youngsters, Ranieri has plenty of senior players and his priority must be to decide on his first choice eleven from these, we need an experienced settled team.
Introduce the youngsters gradually later in the season when the relegation threat is removed.

Statto

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 20, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6399001/amp/New-Fulham-manager-Claudio-Ranieri-blew-club-away-detailed-dossier-failing-squad.html?ico=amp_articleRelated

a club source told Sportsmail: 'Some of the others who were interviewed were unprepared but Ranieri was very impressive.'

...the thing about that statement is it seems to confirm we approached other people about the role

Snibbo

Quote from: Statto on November 20, 2018, 10:19:24 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on November 20, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6399001/amp/New-Fulham-manager-Claudio-Ranieri-blew-club-away-detailed-dossier-failing-squad.html?ico=amp_articleRelated

a club source told Sportsmail: 'Some of the others who were interviewed were unprepared but Ranieri was very impressive.'

...the thing about that statement is it seems to confirm we approached other people about the role

We'd have been silly not to look at all decent options.

Neutral Zone Ultra

He also played Amartey once Kanté had gone.

ScalleysDad

It will be interesting to see if the detail in those dossiers were the final nail for some of the fringe players in which case the squad might need topping up.  I have always enjoyed seeing the 'juniors' coming on, especially at The Cottage, and as far as I recall none of them have had as big a mare as some of the 'senior' players lately. As has been pointed out we might not have time to integrate more players into the first team squad, unless there is a culling, but we live in hope.

Heading for page two and no hostilities yet. Shall we keep it going?

Andy S

If they are good enough why not let them play. That is no different 5han any other manager

aaronmcguigan

Got to question "prepared" versus other applicants being unprepared... I'm guessing not many managers in the game would turn up to a meeting with an evaluation for a job that another manager still had. Suppose it is dog eat dog out there

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Andy S on November 21, 2018, 04:55:18 PM
If they are good enough why not let them play. That is no different 5han any other manager

It's the quality of the person deeming who is good enough that is questioned. Magath probably fielded the most debutants from the academy in one go, doesn't mean the academy boys were ready nor that Magath had a plan or was the man to develop them

Forever Fulham

Are Morgan and Huth going to show up and play for us?  Best  CB pairing in the Premier League.  How about Kante?  One of the best at his position anywhere.  Mawrez, brilliant.  Vardy, speed merchant with skill.  And on and on.  It's not like Claudio has this kind of talent at Fulham.  I like the manager, I really do.  How can you not?  But I'm not expecting a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  He can maybe make them play better, to a point.   And better as a team.  And sometimes change just works, as mysterious and unexplainable as the cause/effect may be.   But my feet are firmly on the ground re: expectations.  Just avoid relegation if possible and you succeeded splendidly this season, sir.

Statto

Quote from: Forever Fulham on November 22, 2018, 01:34:30 AM
Are Morgan and Huth going to show up and play for us?  Best  CB pairing in the Premier League.  How about Kante?  One of the best at his position anywhere.  Mawrez, brilliant.  Vardy, speed merchant with skill.  And on and on.  It's not like Claudio has this kind of talent at Fulham. 

Our current squad is no worse than Leicester's was on paper when he took over. A good manager makes bang average players look brilliant, just like Hodgson did with Dempsey, Gera and Zamora, and Jokanovic did with Aluko, Malone, Ream, Fredericks and Cairney. I'd take Mitrovic over a 2015 Jamie Vardy any day. I agree we shouldn't set expectations too high, but we aren't a "sow's ear" by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think a lack of talent in this squad will be a valid excuse for not comfortably staying up.