watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Are We Expecting On Saturday

Started by filham, November 20, 2018, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well we are expecting a change in tactics from our new coach but remember he will only have had his full squad together for a couple of days so it is questionable as to how much of a change we are going to see. The word is that he watched the Liverpool match when we were not too bad, so is it possible that he will simple decide to continue with those tactics.

With regards to player selection I imagine he has watched a number of videos of this seasons matches and has formed an opinion on the players he prefers for his immediate starting eleven.

Just hope all of the players get right behind him and we see the benefit of the " new manager Syndrome"

MJG

I expect to see quite a change. He's seen us live quite a bit and rewatched  games, knows all the players we have, he was well researched going into his interview.
Some key players didn't go away, mainly defensive so I expect them to play. Players like Mitrovic pick themselves.
Just the views of a long term fan

colinwhite

Ironically enough he will probably follow on from where Slavisa left off. 2 defensive midfielders , and atighter approach not taking so many risks. Cant help thinking that changing the playing philosophy was ultimately Jokas downfall,going long against Huddersfield and a group of players looking a bit lost as a result. Its going to take time to change things,but believe Rannieri can do it. No way ae going to play with 3 forwards ,and no luxury players,that I can guarantee. Come on you Whites !!

fulhamben

Pace, width and a defensive minded setup with two up front.i loved slav, but I can not wait to see what Claudio brings. Give me players taking on players over passing all day long
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

richnj

Consider the role Vardy played and Mitro being very akin to that.  Up top alone mostly looking to get distribution and make something of it.  Then with a supporting cast underneath, and a good defensive posture.  I think Claudio should be able to make something of what we have.

aaronmcguigan

The "new manager syndrome" is something that is surely only achieved by different philosophies, different approaches, different mentalities, fresh thinking and a lot of planning and work.

We not only need the players to buy into Ranieris approach , but also a lot of players changing their attitudes compared to the down tools approach we've seen when we are being outplayed or overrun.  It happens for a reason and it's usually because we don't work hard enough, or think clever enough.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on November 20, 2018, 05:57:48 PM
Pace, width and a defensive minded setup with two up front.i loved slav, but I can not wait to see what Claudio brings. Give me players taking on players over passing all day long
Yes, but will we see this on Saturday or will there be a transition period that we have to suffer.

KJS

Quote from: filham on November 20, 2018, 10:07:21 PM
Yes, but will we see this on Saturday or will there be a transition period that we have to suffer.

We will just have to wait and see  049:gif

Facts Not Fiction

Classic 4-4-2, deep defensive set up, with the aim to counter attack as soon as the ball is won. Pace on the wings, someone supporting Mitrovic, preferably Vietto.

Twig

Quote from: richnj on November 20, 2018, 06:56:25 PM
Consider the role Vardy played and Mitro being very akin to that.  Up top alone mostly looking to get distribution and make something of it.  Then with a supporting cast underneath, and a good defensive posture.  I think Claudio should be able to make something of what we have.

I don't think the two are remotely comparable. Vardy had pace to burn, Mitro is all about playing with his back to goal and turning his man.

N_O_W_S

In all honesty I'm still pessimistic. The only plus is that most of our defence wasn't called up for international duty and that's where the greatest concern lies.

In line with CR stating defence is his base starting point, I would have thought that the majority of work on the training ground has been organisational.

Good news is that the attacking players on international duty have looked reasonable sharp. Sess getting a solid assist for Solanke and Mitro slotting a fairly deft little volley.

Riverside

Fight and commitment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davew

Quote from: Riverside on November 21, 2018, 11:31:04 AM
Fight and commitment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure Southampton will provide that!! In my opinion this is a must win for us, we cannot afford to fall any further behind the other teams in the relegation zone or just above that. Realistically I cannot see us getting more than another 2 points (excluding Saturday's game) before we play Huddersfield on 29 December!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 20, 2018, 10:07:21 PM

No time for transition periods, they are not changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace, they have to grasp the moment from the kick off, our place in the top Division is at stake, it's not a holiday camp.
Any manager worth his weight and any player who has any sense of pride will ensure there is a marked improvement in the application commitment and workrate. As those commodities have so far been missing big time.
Transition is for people who are preparing themselves for an excuse for failure.
Will we win, well that is not guaranteed, will we deserve to win, we should do, after all its at home with a Partizan crowd behind Fulham.
So transition periods are for the meek and the mild, real warriors get on with the job of first and foremost winning three points and letting Mark Huges know his team have been in one hell of a match.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Robbie

Win. Nothing else will do.
Basically we are likely to get nothing from  the Top Six plus Everton.
If we can't beat Soton now....

4-4-2,  compact. Lung busting defending.

WindyCity

Sadly, I expect a disappointing result v Southampton.  And those that suggest there is no time for a transition period need to buckle up.  The team will have had only a few days with their new coach, so it's gonna be hard to expect much difference from what we've seen so far this Saturday.  (Obviously, I hope I'm dead wrong here.)

I don't think we see what this team shapes up to be until the end of December play.  Then the hand wringing can be begin for Prem survival, or, hopefully, if things are going well, we can look forward to some good/interesting football from FFC.

RaySmith

I expect there to be a difference in formation, tactics and attitude.

The manager has had time to get his ideas across to most of the  players, and there ought to be an attitude of renewed determination and confidence.

The players must know that they need to hit the ground running under the new manager, and  the crowd needs to get right behind the team from the start, just like the Huddersfield fans were against us.

This is a backs against the wall job, no more time for team integration, etc.- the players have to either show up or ship out, and I'm sure the new manager will have instilled this into them.

Mince n Tatties

Well her two doors down from us twins,or was it triplets.🚼🚼🚼

Steeeeeeeeeed

Still a few tickets dotted around in the Putney End, £50, blimey. Have gone for one as is a.momentus day, and I might go down the front give the tinky man a warm welcome.

I have gone for a definite Fulham win, and 2 + goals to nil, Mitro to score at least one.

The team has had a very nice break and time to adapt, and this is will be noticeable

I see Mark Huges is now the favourite for next manager to be sacked.

Steven Ageroad

I feel that it will not be pretty football that we have been used to over the last season but I will accept it for 3 points.