more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Todays music thread

Started by TheDaddy, February 06, 2010, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Currently at work getting myself geared up with a little bit of

Bad Manners Walking in the Sunshine The best of.

Bringing  me back to my youth and proberly the best years i had with the females.

heres a few from the album

Ne-Ne-Na-Na-Na-Na-Nu-Nu.

Lip Up Fatty .

Special Brew.

My Girl Lollipop.

Night Bus To Dalston.

Inner London Violence.

Samson And Delilah.

Got No Brains.

Educating Marmalade.    8)

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LRCN

any hip hop listeners here? I've been using last.fm alot recently and it's a goldmine for good hip hop especially considering the amount of mixtapes released for free.

finnster01

Mr Lork, I currently live in the hip hop capitol of the world but I wouldn't know how to be hip nor how to hop, but there sure is a bunch of characters with their little arses sticking out of their pants handing out free CD's and demos every time I go shopping. Sorry, but that is one thing I can not really help with  ;D
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Have been listening to a fair bit of Ska stuff and Bad Manners recently and also love a bit of old school hip hop.

Currently I am back in a Kevin Rowland frame of mind and listening to 'Searching For The Young Soul Rebels' with classics like "Seven Days Too Long", "There, There, My Dear", "I Couldn't Help If I Tried", Tell Me When My Light Turns Green" and, of course, "Geno".

LRCN

Quote from: finnster01 on February 06, 2010, 09:16:41 PM
Mr Lork, I currently live in the hip hop capitol of the world but I wouldn't know how to be hip nor how to hop, but there sure is a bunch of characters with their little arses sticking out of their pants handing out free CD's and demos every time I go shopping. Sorry, but that is one thing I can not really help with  ;D

mate I love chilling out and there's no better soundtrack to chilling out than good hip hop.

finnster01

I was on a roll with Elvis Costello earlier today. "I don't want to go to C H E L S E A" and "Oliver's Army" are classics.

I should also add The Jam: Eton Rifles and The Alarm: The Stand. All brilliant stuff I actually can relate to
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Sector9

Best band in the world right now is Manchester Orchestra!

RidgeRider

Hmmm.....well No Hipp Hop for me either, too old I guess.

I am stuck in a post grunge phase right now listening to Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Lifehouse, Seether, Daughtry with some Muse and Coldplay sprinkled in.

I need something new, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OldBrownShoe

Each to their own of course and it is probably my age I am big into jazz, blues, rock, both Elvises, Johnny Cash, 1960's and 1970's soul music and ska and reggae, classical and choral, Ray Charles, Sinatra, Ella, Billie Holiday and so on. Oh and the Floyd. Hip hop hasn't registered as anything I especially like.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

BarneyTravers

Dexy's pre dungarees were right up there White noise...'Plan B' is one gem of a record....might whack it on you tube now the tellys off cos that lot are winning

White Noise

Quote from: BarneyTravers on February 07, 2010, 04:20:41 PM
Dexy's pre dungarees were right up there White noise...'Plan B' is one gem of a record....might whack it on you tube now the tellys off cos that lot are winning

Plan B is great but Dexy's also did one great album post-dungarees. 'Don't Stand Me Down' is a wonderful piece of work and combines all the best elements of Kevin Rowland's talent. It is funny and touching and very, very listenable. Well worth a listen are tracks Kevin Rowland's 13th Time, This is What She's Like, One of Those Things and I Love You (Listen to This).

BarneyTravers

With you White Noise...got the tracks you refer to albeit on a compilation album and maybe was a tad harsh on the post dungaree era!

Turned on the telly about 15 mins ago and they only scored again..dreadful situation.

FatFreddysCat

Happy Mondays the Platinum collection is quality. Love a bit of Bad Manners myself the Daddy, Buster lives on a barge in Southall now.

mrska

Quote from: TheDaddy on February 06, 2010, 09:04:43 PM
Currently at work getting myself geared up with a little bit of

Bad Manners Walking in the Sunshine The best of.

Bringing  me back to my youth and proberly the best years i had with the females.

heres a few from the album

Ne-Ne-Na-Na-Na-Na-Nu-Nu.

Lip Up Fatty .

Special Brew.

My Girl Lollipop.

Night Bus To Dalston.

Inner London Violence.

Samson And Delilah.

Got No Brains.

Educating Marmalade.    8)

SOME GREAT TUNES THERE MATE..  ME BEING A SKA ADDICT..  RECENTELY SAW SKAVILLE Uk WHICH CONTAINS HALF OF THE ORIGINAL BAD MANNERS LINE UP.. PLUS RHODA DAKKA AND jENNEY BELLE STAR spoke at lenth after the gig...  they were fantastic..

They did a version of Suicide which blew my mind..x

FatFreddysCat

Lorky i cant stasnd HipHop as you could probably guess, but there's one song they play a lot down the gym that has a very small bit of rapping in and i think the band are called Plan B, have you heard of them?

SuffolkWhite

Got tickets to See From the Jamm in April. Been listening to Puddle of Mud, Foo's, Audioslave,LinkenPark. My phone ring tone is Lobotomy by the Ramones.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 07, 2010, 05:28:11 PM
Lorky i cant stasnd HipHop as you could probably guess, but there's one song they play a lot down the gym that has a very small bit of rapping in and i think the band are called Plan B, have you heard of them?
Just found the song on Youtube, it's Plan B   Stay to long, sorry no links as i dont know how to do it, but well worth checking out, the video is class as well.

FatFreddysCat

Just for Skasie, i'v noticed The Specials are on Sky anytime.

BarneyTravers

'Back in the fire' -Weller. and 'to be someone' and 'no one in the world'  by the Jam are songs that provoke you to drink more alchohol whilst posting on fof.

be nice to hit the old 34 tomorrow.

coyw