News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Drinkwater & Gary Cahill in January?

Started by fulhamfever, November 20, 2018, 07:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

Both a possibility

- Not getting enough game time
- Don't need to relocate
- Ex Leicester City (Drinkwater)

@jolslover

I would honestly be surprised if we signed Cahill. With the over 28s rule in play at Fulham and Khan still in charge of transfers it just doesn't seem like the sort of signing we would make.
Drinkwater on the other hand seems more likely but again, Had Ranieri not come in is he a player we would target? Imo NO. Does Ranieri have enough power to suggest a player and we sign him based just off of that. Imo NO.
STH H3

I Ronic

I thought I read CR doesn't go after previous players?

Bassey the warrior

Would take Cahill if Mawson doesn't step up. Not sure about Drinkwater. We need tough tackling midfielders and that's not how I see him.

aaronmcguigan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6401727/New-Fulham-boss-Claudio-Ranieri-dismisses-prospect-raiding-Leicester-January-transfer-window.html

Has been quoted as saying he is someone who never brings back old / former players. He doesn't have history of doing it, but I haven't checked every signing he has made

fulhamfever

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 20, 2018, 07:46:06 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6401727/New-Fulham-boss-Claudio-Ranieri-dismisses-prospect-raiding-Leicester-January-transfer-window.html

Has been quoted as saying he is someone who never brings back old / former players. He doesn't have history of doing it, but I haven't checked every signing he has made

Robert Huth played under him at Chelsea and he signed him from Stoke.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamfever on November 20, 2018, 08:15:10 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on November 20, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

Robert Huth played under him at Chelsea and he signed him from Stoke.
I think Huth joined Leicester on loan at the beginning of 2015, CR joined them in the Summer of that year (he may then have made the loan permanent)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

aaronmcguigan

Huth signed permanently for Leicester on the 24th June, Pearson was manager until 30th June, Ranieri joined on 13th July

Similarly Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink played for CR at Atletico before moving to Chelsea in May 2000. Vialli was sacked with Ranieri replacing him in October 2000.

aaronmcguigan

Managed to find one ...
Ranieri managed Fiorentina 1993-1997 and Valencia 1997-1999

Stefan Schwartz played for Fiorentina 1995-1998 and Valencia 1998-1999

filham

A few matches to get through before the January window opens, I would think individual and team performances in these matches will affect the Coaches new player requirements in January.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: @jolslover on November 20, 2018, 07:37:25 PM
I would honestly be surprised if we signed Cahill. With the over 28s rule in play at Fulham and Khan still in charge of transfers it just doesn't seem like the sort of signing we would make.
Drinkwater on the other hand seems more likely but again, Had Ranieri not come in is he a player we would target? Imo NO. Does Ranieri have enough power to suggest a player and we sign him based just off of that. Imo NO.
We signed Fabri and he's 30

Matt10

Quote from: filham on November 20, 2018, 09:59:32 PM
A few matches to get through before the January window opens, I would think individual and team performances in these matches will affect the Coaches new player requirements in January.

You would think, but we do like to buy players don't we? Everyone is happy that way...until they underperform of course. Then it's [someone's] fault.

Snibbo

All a bit premature I think. Let's see what he can do with the players already at his disposal. It will be very interesting to see if he gets more out of them than Slav did.

Matt10

Quote from: Snibbo on November 21, 2018, 12:44:04 AM
All a bit premature I think. Let's see what he can do with the players already at his disposal. It will be very interesting to see if he gets more out of them than Slav did.

Completely premature. However, look at what's on the front page.

"Claudio Ranieri can save Fulham's season by signing THIS PLAYER"

and like that for 6 or 7 more articles

It's as if we don't learn from our mistakes. This narrative needs to change. Work with what we have, and build from there. Saturday is not the be all, end all; but you can be sure more articles of the same flavor will appear regardless of a win or loss.

Brawn

Don't see what Drinkwater would add that Seri, Cairney, Johansen, McDonald, and Angussia don't.

Cahill might be a case of the board relaxing its over 28s rule in an emergency panic if we're still leaking goals like a sieve come January.

Twig

Quote from: Brawn on November 21, 2018, 02:59:15 AM
Don't see what Drinkwater would add that Seri, Cairney, Johansen, McDonald, and Angussia don't.

Cahill might be a case of the board relaxing its over 28s rule in an emergency panic if we're still leaking goals like a sieve come January.

Except that whilst DD is proven at prem level, K Mac and Stef Jo look unable to step up, Serri flattered to deceive and went backwards, Anguissa is yet to show prem level ability at all. So in my book Drinkwater would be an upgrade.
Not so keen on Cahill, his lack of pace could be a liability these days.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Matt10 on November 21, 2018, 12:52:38 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on November 21, 2018, 12:44:04 AM

Completely premature. However, look at what's on the front page.

"Claudio Ranieri can save Fulham's season by signing THIS PLAYER"

and like that for 6 or 7 more articles

It's as if we don't learn from our mistakes. This narrative needs to change. Work with what we have, and build from there. Saturday is not the be all, end all; but you can be sure more articles of the same flavor will appear regardless of a win or loss.
I agree, I think it is important we don't let the media micromanage us.