more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (04/12/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 04, 2018, 08:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Draw Oldham

Fulham will host Oldham Athletic at Craven Cottage in the Third Round of the Emirates FA Cup.

The Latics currently sit 13th in League Two, and reached Round Three of the competition after seeing off Hampton & Richmond and Maidstone United.

The exact date is to be confirmed but the tie will be played the weekend of Saturday 5th January, almost 20 years on from our last meeting with Oldham, when a Simon Morgan goal settled things in a 1-0 win at the Cottage in our Division Two title winning campaign.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/december/03/fulham-draw-oldham

WhiteJC

Fulham Will Face Oldham Athletic in the Third Round of the FA Cup
Another Cup Competition is upon us

Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images

On the weekend of January 5th, the remaining clubs in England that haven't participated in the 2018/19 FA Cup will get to do so in the third proper round of competition. Fulham were among the 64 clubs awaiting to see their marble picked up in today's FA Cup draw and it was determined that they will host League Two outfit Oldham Athletic. It will be the second time this season Fulham will start a cup competition against a football club within that tier of English football as they also hosted Exeter City earlier in the season in the Carling Cup back in August.

Under new manager Frankie Bunn, the Latics are trying to rebound from being relegated from League One last season and have done so with a mixed bag of results. They currently sit 13th in the League Two table with a solid +5 goal differential. Oldham do have a solid defense that is joint sixth in the league in goals conceded (21), but their attack is much closer to mid table (26 goals scored) and can be found wanting in shot quality. There are plenty of interesting names in the senior team roster as former Premier League academy graduates Ishmael Miller and Jose Baxter are a part of the list.

The Latics will hope to make a good run in the competition and add to their three semifinal appearances. The latest of those three occurred back in 1994. As for Fulham, we all know how 1975 went. It will be quite interesting to see how Claudio Ranieri will handle the competition as Premier League survival will surely be priority number one at the football club.

The kickoff date and time for Fulham vs Oldham Athletic will be determined.

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2018/12/3/18124529/fulham-will-face-oldham-athletic-in-the-third-round-of-the-fa-cup

WhiteJC

Jamie Vardy to miss Claudio Ranieri reunion and may require surgery

Jamie Vardy has suffered a recurrence of a groin injury Credit: getty images

Jamie Vardy is set to miss Leicester's reunion with former manager Claudio Ranieri on Wednesday.

Vardy has suffered a recurrence of a groin injury in training and is rated extremely doubtful to face Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Leicester will face Ranieri for the first time this week since the Italian's dismissal in February last year, nine months after he helped the club win the Premier League title.

But Vardy is expected to miss the game and manager Claude Puel has hinted he could need an operation to cure the niggling injury, which has been troubling the 31-year-old since last month.

Leicester captain Wes Morgan and £3million summer signing Jonny Evans are also doubtful, while Harry Maguire is still out with a knee injury.

"I don't know my starting team because I have problems with different players," said Puel.

"I cannot say the player with the problem but I cannot know my starting players in two days.

"He (Vardy) felt something and we will discuss with the medical staff. I don't know (if he needs surgery). It is a balance to know his feeling.

"I don't know my starting team because I have problems with different players," said Puel.

"I cannot say the player with the problem but I cannot know my starting players in two days.

"He (Vardy) felt something and we will discuss with the medical staff. I don't know (if he needs surgery). It is a balance to know his feeling.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/03/jamie-vardy-miss-claudio-ranieri-reunion-may-require-surgery/