News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite Stadium apart from Craven Cottage ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, December 06, 2018, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

I know it has been said for some time now that Fulham has one of the most picturesque settings and to an extent stadums in the UK, and I do love it when I pop along for my couple of visits each year (particularly when I get a Riverside ticket).

But which others come close ?

Which away grounds are worth a visit for a neutral ?

I really liked Aston Villa for a start.

(I think QPR is awful by the way, hated the place when we were there and I had a season ticket.)

Carborundum

If you've never been, Griffin Park.  Another characterful ground soon joins the likes of Underhill, Layer Road and the remarkable Gay Meadow.  It's enough to make grown men weep.

For lovers of eccentric football grounds, Hampton & Richmond's Beveree is utterly brilliant. 

HillingdonFFC

Hillsborough, proper old style ground. Also seems massive, looks a lot bigger than 40k.
Not a lover of big modern stadiums, would take Craven Cottage or a ramshackle Fratton Park over the Emirates all day long, love the character & uniqueness of old football grounds

filham

I rather like some of these small comfortable and convenient modern stadiums like High Wycombe and Reading play in, suspect the new stadium that Brentford are planning could be interesting too.

One Martin Thomas

I like the Derby stadium !!!! Best modern stadium I've been to

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

One James stannard

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 06, 2018, 08:42:59 PM
Hillsborough, proper old style ground. Also seems massive, looks a lot bigger than 40k.
Not a lover of big modern stadiums, would take Craven Cottage or a ramshackle Fratton Park over the Emirates all day long, love the character & uniqueness of old football grounds

Couldn't agree more

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ffcne on December 07, 2018, 05:45:32 AM
I like the Amex ,

Preferred their old ground The Goldstone,their record att actually against us 38,000.

Mince n Tatties

LincolnCity(The old Sincil Bank)
Tooting n Mitcham(Sandy Lane)
Brechin City(Glebe Park)

alfie

Emirates for me, some of the older grounds are ok, but I like a little bit of comfort nowadays.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KJS

Quote from: ffcne on December 07, 2018, 05:45:32 AM
I like the Amex ,

Disagree its soulless and a nightmare to access by any means of transport (good seats though)

I'd go for Fratton Park which as it's a throw back to when football was real  :54:

RaySmith

Selhurst Park, C.Palace- where  I saw my very first  pro games with my parents, standing where the terracing became  a grassy hill behind the goal.

Firhill- home of friendly, non-sectarian, neutrals favourite, Scottish Championship club Partick Thistle, and where i saw Fulham draw in a friendly, with Collins John scoring.

KJS

Quote from: RaySmith on December 07, 2018, 08:16:51 AM
Selhurst Park, C.Palace- where  I saw my very first  pro games with my parents, standing where the terracing became  a grassy hill behind the goal.

Firhill- home of friendly, non-sectarian, neutrals favourite, Scottish Championship club Partick Thistle, and where i saw Fulham draw in a friendly, with Collins John scoring.

Remember Selhurst well in the 70's! it was grass and cinders behind the goal which was lethal when wet!!!

Spirit of 2000

Hate modern stadiums - utterly characterless & soulless - Villa Park is good, Selhurst ok - got to love a proper old skool non league ground too and have been to many.

Dr Know

McDiarmid Park , home of St Johnstone fc , in Perth , Scotland .   Went there for for a friendly July 1999 , locals were great , small ground with a lovely feel to it .

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on December 07, 2018, 08:14:21 AM
Emirates for me, some of the older grounds are ok, but I like a little bit of comfort nowadays.

Your getting soft in your old age Alfie..😜

Southdowns White

Quote from: Dr Know on December 07, 2018, 08:42:36 AM
McDiarmid Park , home of St Johnstone fc , in Perth , Scotland .   Went there for for a friendly July 1999 , locals were great , small ground with a lovely feel to it .
I was also there, I think it was on my Birthday. Lovely setting with mountains in the distance. I remember Stan Collymore made his first appearance for us there. 

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

King_Crud

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 07, 2018, 10:24:23 AM
Lords or the Oval

Trent Bridge for me.

Football wise I love all the ones I've been to in Germany, but I guess it's due to being able to stand and have a beer in your hand. Shalke's stadium was epic, even if the town it's in is a dive