https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The January Transfer Gossip Window"

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: the nutflush on December 12, 2018, 10:36:31 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 12, 2018, 07:46:46 AM
To be fair I think on KMAC vs. Seri / Anguissa debate.

One is a player trying his hardest who is not good enough, The other two are players who if they did try there hardest, would be good enough. It's easier to motivate Seri and Anguissa than it is to turn KMAC good at this level. IMO.

Some players don't have the heart for the fight and couldn't be motivated no matter what.  I would take a KMac over an Anguissa any day.

We need:
G Cahill.
Moses/Clyne
Drinkwater
Okazaki.

I'm not convinced Drinkwater is the answer unless it's on loan. Would welcome the others.

simplyfulham

The same names keep getting trotted out on this board. They've usually got an old Leicester connection or it's Gary Cahill.

There's plenty of very good players who are in the championship at the moment who would not look out of place in this league. Because 1) some fairy good teams with big squads went down last season and 2) the gap between the top half of the championship and the bottom half the premier league is not as big as Sky sports pundits would have you believe. Half of it is marketing hype.

I would much rather see us look at players like;
Joe Allan
Craig Dawson
James Chester
Jake Livermore
Jackson Irvine
Pontus Jansson

All players who would be desperate to prove themselves and look to have all the tools to do so. Rather than looking at players who might be trying to cash in on the past reputations.

filham

I just hope that Ranieri Knows exactly who he wants and that plans are in hand to get these players right at thebegining of the window.

We really do not want another deadline day rush where we pick up what we think are bargain basement buys that turn into firm failures.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 12, 2018, 08:33:19 AM

One is a player trying his hardest who is not good enough, The other two are players who if they did try there hardest, would be good enough. It's easier to motivate Seri and Anguissa than it is to turn KMAC good at this level. IMO.

K Mac is twice the player of the 30 million man.

If my life depended on which player I could rely on to punch their weight, give me 100% commitment workrate and Application, and give us the best chance of survival, then it's KevinMc 1st, Kevin Mc 2nd and Kevin Mc last. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jimpav

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on December 11, 2018, 12:28:42 PM
Huth is 34, out of contract since the summer and hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive match for over 18 months due to injuries.

Can we please stop mentioning him as a potential signing?

+ 1

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

If my life depended on which player I could rely on to punch their weight, give me 100% commitment workrate and Application, and give us the best chance of survival, then it's KevinMc 1st, Kevin Mc 2nd and Kevin Mc last. 

My brave Scottish boy. He has a role to play this season, I know it

bigalffc

Exactly right mince
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

@jolslover

Quote from: bigalffc on December 12, 2018, 06:09:06 PM

Exactly right mince

I disagree. We go down today Anguissa sells for 15m Kmac sells for 2m. I don't know you personally but if I did I would wager a large amount than Anguissa will have a better career than KMAC.
Kmac works harder but that's the only category where I would single him out as better. Anguissa (while I appreciate he may not have shown such so far) has the potential to be far better than Kmac and already looks far more mobile than Mcdonald who IMO has struggled with the pace of the prem and hasn't been effective in shielding the back 4.
Also, I think Ranieri (so far) agrees with me. He has not stated that Mcdonalds been injured in any of the press conferences for the last 3 games but he has not been in the squad for any of these games, With Cisse being picked ahead of him.
STH H3

KJS

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 11, 2018, 11:38:50 PM
Quote from: KJS on December 11, 2018, 08:07:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 11, 2018, 05:09:44 PM

Fabri on his way to Trabonspor in Turkey.
Stoke and Blackburn want K Mac.

I will drive KMac myself

Why make a comment like that when KMac has been nothing but a model pro for us and given his all. Without him last season we wouldn't have gone up. He was our Captain out there even if TC wore the armband. Have a lot more time for KMac than Seri or Anguissa personally.

I agree Kmac has been a model pro but he has shown this season that he has not got what it takes so if a championship side want him then it would be a good move as that is his level!

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: KJS on December 12, 2018, 09:28:22 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 11, 2018, 11:38:50 PM
Quote from: KJS on December 11, 2018, 08:07:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 11, 2018, 05:09:44 PM

Fabri on his way to Trabonspor in Turkey.
Stoke and Blackburn want K Mac.

I will drive KMac myself

Why make a comment like that when KMac has been nothing but a model pro for us and given his all. Without him last season we wouldn't have gone up. He was our Captain out there even if TC wore the armband. Have a lot more time for KMac than Seri or Anguissa personally.

I agree Kmac has been a model pro but he has shown this season that he has not got what it takes so if a championship side want him then it would be a good move as that is his level!

When you're 20th, you don't go selling your long term players who has mastered the league below.

sunburywhite

I was a superstar for the Civil Service 2nd XV and a consistent pick for 6 years but like KMac I couldn't make the step up to first XV rugby

You reach a level and no matter what you did before it counts for nothing
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on December 12, 2018, 08:33:12 PM

Exactly right mince

I disagree. We go down today Anguissa sells for 15m Kmac sells for 2m. I don't know you personally but if I did I would wager a large amount than Anguissa will have a better career than KMAC.
Kmac works harder but that's the only category where I would single him out as better. Anguissa (while I appreciate he may not have shown such so far) has the potential to be far better than Kmac and already looks far more mobile than Mcdonald who IMO has struggled with the pace of the prem and hasn't been effective in shielding the back 4.
Also, I think Ranieri (so far) agrees with me. He has not stated that Mcdonalds been injured in any of the press conferences for the last 3 games but he has not been in the squad for any of these games, With Cisse being picked ahead of him.

There is another side to that Jols,Anguisa cost 30million, so we would lose a lot of money out of the deal,we would make a little profit on K Mac.
Just because a player cost more doesn't make him better...Tony Khan was well duped by foreign agents,and  I bet he still hasn't woken up to the fact and will get conned again.

simplyfulham

Exactly right mince

I disagree. We go down today Anguissa sells for 15m Kmac sells for 2m.

To be fair, you and I both know that's not how it works.

I tried to find a figure for how much we finally sold Bryan Ruiz for, the only figure I found was about £2m. If we went down We'd probably get something similar for Anguissa regardless of the potential that I do believe he has in him.

Sunderland couldn't shift Roswell, Ndong or Kone when they went down to the championship and they were all eventually released from their contracts.

But I do agree with your point that Anguissa does have the potential to surpass Macdonald, but the real point is that he's not good enough at the moment and Macdonal presents a better option.

I do think Macdonald could come in to this team and perform at the levels we need. His biggest issue is his pace, but that is far less of a problem in a two man midfield. But all he apparences have been as a single man anchor under Slavisa.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 13, 2018, 06:03:38 AM

Exactly right mince

There is another side to that Jols,Anguisa cost 30million, so we would lose a lot of money out of the deal,we would make a little profit on K Mac.
Just because a player cost more doesn't make him better...Tony Khan was well duped by foreign agents,and  I bet he still hasn't woken up to the fact and will get conned again.

Selling Anguissa is Mad idea! For the price that we would get for him now, he'll be the best buy since Eric Cantona's £1.2 million.

Statto

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 13, 2018, 06:49:15 AM

I disagree. We go down today Anguissa sells for 15m Kmac sells for 2m.

To be fair, you and I both know that's not how it works.

I tried to find a figure for how much we finally sold Bryan Ruiz for, the only figure I found was about £2m. If we went down We'd probably get something similar for Anguissa regardless of the potential that I do believe he has in him.

Sunderland couldn't shift Roswell, Ndong or Kone when they went down to the championship and they were all eventually released from their contracts.

I agree. Anguissa has potential but if we go down, there's no way we get £15m for him. We've signed him on a lucrative long contract so he won't want to leave. The challenge will be to find another club prepared to pay him as much. I don't even think we'd have the audacity to ask for a fee.

KJS

:plus one:
Quote from: Jimpav on December 12, 2018, 01:27:02 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on December 11, 2018, 12:28:42 PM
Huth is 34, out of contract since the summer and hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive match for over 18 months due to injuries.

Can we please stop mentioning him as a potential signing?

+ 1