more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The January Transfer Gossip Window"

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 14, 2018, 07:44:08 AM
Apparently Yaya Toure is about to join a Premier League club that's located in London...

West Ham and Crystal Palace have denied him; I really hope it isn't us

So do I, I would not want him at the best of times, let alone in a relegation scrap, he would most certainly divide the dressing room.
One high maintenance big time Charlie we don't need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2018, 11:30:48 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on December 14, 2018, 07:44:08 AM
Apparently Yaya Toure is about to join a Premier League club that's located in London...

West Ham and Crystal Palace have denied him; I really hope it isn't us

So do I, I would not want him at the best of times, let alone in a relegation scrap, he would most certainly divide the dressing room.
One high maintenance big time Charlie we don't need.
his knees went years ago. He used to hobble around the pitch for city in his last few seasons
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RP24

So the rumours of drinkwater Cahill and Moses. They're all from that lot down the road but I'd happily take all three of them, they all fill positions we need. Would also take clyne who we've been linked with so Moses can be further foward.

Get those 4 and a second striker as back up to Mitro or to play alongside him and I'd be happy.

the nutflush

Okazaki would compliment Mitro beautifully. 

nose returns

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on December 16, 2018, 09:22:15 AM
So the rumours of drinkwater Cahill and Moses. They're all from that lot down the road but I'd happily take all three of them, they all fill positions we need. Would also take clyne who we've been linked with so Moses can be further foward.

Get those 4 and a second striker as back up to Mitro or to play alongside him and I'd be happy.

this will never happen, not a chance, it isa far to sensible.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on December 16, 2018, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: Robertprocter1 on December 16, 2018, 09:22:15 AM

this will never happen, not a chance, it isa far to sensible.

Yes, and that is the sad thing, it is far too sensible, and beyond the likes of the keystone recruitment merchants to even comprehend.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Papers this morning saying Southampton after Betts.
Thought they had McCarthy and Foster already.

Barrett487

ByTheRiver

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but all this 'loan Drinkwater, Cahill and Moses from Chelsea', loan this, loan that, is pie in the sky nonsense. No more than one from any club, no more than four registered in a season, max two at a time (from Premiership). even with sending Fosu-Mensah back, it's not going to work.

I'm not sure what the solution is as we can't really spend a fortune either (as we already have! And still have FFP to stay within). Tough times lie ahead.

Here is confirmation for you:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

WindyCity

Quote from: @jolslover on December 14, 2018, 09:44:17 PM
Call me mad but I'd like Yaya Toure, Watched a few of his last games for City and he looked on it. No doubt still a talented player and his game was never about being the quickest.

Nono to Yaya.

Mad.

Twig

Agree with most on here; Drinkwater, Cahill, Okazaki, Moses, Clyne.... These are the players we should be seeking to sign (not loan).

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 13, 2018, 11:41:30 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 13, 2018, 05:20:16 PM
Breaking news talksport...Peter Crouch to sign a one year deal with Fulham.
Is it true?
Or do you think I'm on a wind up?
Coyw.

I think Peter Crouch and Robert Huth would both be excellent homegrown buys, as our squad needs at least four decent players with premier league experience outside Fulham's Top 22 players (that includes u21 Ryan Sessegnon) making a squad of 25+1.

I suggest the four back-ups should be Fabri/Rodak (GK), Huth (DF), Cisse/Kebano (MF) & Crouch (SK) for the 2nd XI. It would be best if two of these four backups are homegrown players (due to EPL rules), and it's hard to find cheap experienced homegrown players like Huth and Crouch.

Crouch and Huth will play every EPL game like it is their last, you'll see how far heart and experience can affect performance.

I just read this. Before I pour scorn all over you, can I first check whether this is a joke?

filham

Remember we spent 100m pounds in the summer on new players, is there any money in the current transfer kitty or do we have to sell to buy.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on December 19, 2018, 07:47:42 PM
Agree with most on here; Drinkwater, Cahill, Okazaki, Moses, Clyne.... These are the players we should be seeking to sign (not loan).
Add Dominic Solanke to that list.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC NY

Quote from: filham on December 19, 2018, 08:45:01 PM
Remember we spent 100m pounds in the summer on new players, is there any money in the current transfer kitty or do we have to sell to buy.

My guess is that Shad  051 will back us with a 'whatever it takes to stay up' approach based on what Ranieri says he needs. I don't think he is shy to gamble and will address any FFP sanctions if it comes to it. 

The Rational Fan

Why so many Everton Rumours could Fulham going to sell Mitrovic, for Mason Holgate, Yerry Mina and James McCarthy?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 19, 2018, 02:32:39 PM
Another rumour, trouble is we haven't room for more loans, have we?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-want-to-sign-bournemouth-forward

I'd bet my house that Timothy Fosu Mensah is on his way back to United in January.   He's been healthy and hasn't even been on the bench for 3 games.   And a defender is needed in the back.

Claudio probably has plans to use Timothy's spot on another loan acquisition in January.   

Victor Moses would potentially be a good replacement.  We all have to remember though...no guarantees of success for anyone new brought in.  They probably aren't playing for their current teams for a reason.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 20, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
Why so many Everton Rumours could Fulham going to sell Mitrovic, for Mason Holgate, Yerry Mina and James McCarthy?

No way they'd sell Mina, and tbh, we need PL experience right now, not a new boy.

ByTheRiver

Just noticed that Cahill and Okazaki are in the final year of their contract so could potentially be purchased for a reasonable fee. Meaning we could potentially loan Moses... (if sending Fosu-Mensah back etc). That could be a way around the loans issue!