Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJS

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 12, 2018, 09:40:44 PM
Quote from: KJS on December 12, 2018, 09:28:22 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 11, 2018, 11:38:50 PM
Quote from: KJS on December 11, 2018, 08:07:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 11, 2018, 05:09:44 PM

Fabri on his way to Trabonspor in Turkey.
Stoke and Blackburn want K Mac.

I will drive KMac myself

Why make a comment like that when KMac has been nothing but a model pro for us and given his all. Without him last season we wouldn't have gone up. He was our Captain out there even if TC wore the armband. Have a lot more time for KMac than Seri or Anguissa personally.

I agree Kmac has been a model pro but he has shown this season that he has not got what it takes so if a championship side want him then it would be a good move as that is his level!

When you're 20th, you don't go selling your long term players who has mastered the league below.

He is taking up a place in the squad that could be filled by a better player!

toshes mate

Quote from: KJS on December 13, 2018, 01:20:28 PM
[KMc] is taking up a place in the squad that could be filled by a better player!
Or not, as the case may be given our recruitment record for better or worse.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2018, 12:57:59 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on December 13, 2018, 06:49:15 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 12, 2018, 08:33:12 PM

I disagree. We go down today Anguissa sells for 15m Kmac sells for 2m.

To be fair, you and I both know that's not how it works.

I tried to find a figure for how much we finally sold Bryan Ruiz for, the only figure I found was about £2m. If we went down We'd probably get something similar for Anguissa regardless of the potential that I do believe he has in him.

Sunderland couldn't shift Roswell, Ndong or Kone when they went down to the championship and they were all eventually released from their contracts.

I agree. Anguissa has potential but if we go down, there's no way we get £15m for him. We've signed him on a lucrative long contract so he won't want to leave. The challenge will be to find another club prepared to pay him as much. I don't even think we'd have the audacity to ask for a fee.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree. That's exactly the point I was attempting to make really. Whatever Anguissa May or may not be actually worth, we've overpaid as a gamble on his potential. But that gamble only pays off if his stock rises alongside ours. Similar to the situation Sunderland were in with players like Rodwell.

If the season finished tomorrow, nobody else will want to take a part of the financial gamble we made and he would most likely go back to Marsaille for £3m or end up having his contract terminated.

Mince n Tatties

Breaking news talksport...Peter Crouch to sign a one year deal with Fulham.
Is it true?
Or do you think I'm on a wind up?
Coyw.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 13, 2018, 05:20:16 PM
Breaking news talksport...Peter Crouch to sign a one year deal with Fulham.
Is it true?
Or do you think I'm on a wind up?
Coyw.

I think Peter Crouch and Robert Huth would both be excellent homegrown buys, as our squad needs at least four decent players with premier league experience outside Fulham's Top 22 players (that includes u21 Ryan Sessegnon) making a squad of 25+1.

I suggest the four back-ups should be Fabri/Rodak (GK), Huth (DF), Cisse/Kebano (MF) & Crouch (SK) for the 2nd XI. It would be best if two of these four backups are homegrown players (due to EPL rules), and it's hard to find cheap experienced homegrown players like Huth and Crouch.

Crouch and Huth will play every EPL game like it is their last, you'll see how far heart and experience can affect performance.

Mince n Tatties

Transfer Tavern...Fulham could make a move for out of favour Phil Jones.
COULD... Sicknote isn't he?

Moltobueno

Apparently Yaya Toure is about to join a Premier League club that's located in London...

West Ham and Crystal Palace have denied him; I really hope it isn't us

Facts Not Fiction

I will drive KMac myself

Why make a comment like that when KMac has been nothing but a model pro for us and given his all. Without him last season we wouldn't have gone up. He was our Captain out there even if TC wore the armband. Have a lot more time for KMac than Seri or Anguissa personally.

I agree Kmac has been a model pro but he has shown this season that he has not got what it takes so if a championship side want him then it would be a good move as that is his level!

When you're 20th, you don't go selling your long term players who has mastered the league below.

He isn't. He's a model pro, and the true club captain.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 13, 2018, 05:12:34 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2018, 12:57:59 PM

I tried to find a figure for how much we finally sold Bryan Ruiz for, the only figure I found was about £2m. If we went down We'd probably get something similar for Anguissa regardless of the potential that I do believe he has in him.

Sunderland couldn't shift Roswell, Ndong or Kone when they went down to the championship and they were all eventually released from their contracts.

I agree. Anguissa has potential but if we go down, there's no way we get £15m for him. We've signed him on a lucrative long contract so he won't want to leave. The challenge will be to find another club prepared to pay him as much. I don't even think we'd have the audacity to ask for a fee.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree. That's exactly the point I was attempting to make really. Whatever Anguissa May or may not be actually worth, we've overpaid as a gamble on his potential. But that gamble only pays off if his stock rises alongside ours. Similar to the situation Sunderland were in with players like Rodwell.

If the season finished tomorrow, nobody else will want to take a part of the financial gamble we made and he would most likely go back to Marsaille for £3m or end up having his contract terminated.

You cannot compare us to Sunderland. We have infinitely more money than them, and you are wrong if you think we'd take a £20m+ loss on him.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: toshes mate on December 13, 2018, 01:31:35 PM
[KMc] is taking up a place in the squad that could be filled by a better player!

A better player like Anguissa who we sp*nked almost 30 million on??? Don't make me laugh - Anguissa on performances in a FFC shirt vs KMac on performances in same shirt isn't close to being as good and that's the only way I'm going to judge any of these players.

toshes mate

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 14, 2018, 09:41:29 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on December 13, 2018, 01:31:35 PM

A better player like Anguissa who we sp*nked almost 30 million on??? Don't make me laugh - Anguissa on performances in a FFC shirt vs KMac on performances in same shirt isn't close to being as good and that's the only way I'm going to judge any of these players.
That was what I was alluding to... better the devil you know. But Anguissa is, IMHO and as I have said elsewhere, a potentially good player needing a lot of game time management to gain experience in a well drilled midfield.  He cannot operate to order in the muddle we have at this time and that means we need cover for Chambers that, in the interim, could be provided by or assisted by KMc.  Once the midfield in settled I see a good case for Anguissa being introduced as a 'sub' when the occasions arise.  I think we paid too much for Anguissa in the summer but that is another story.  I see a player with a lot of more realised potential in a year or so. 

HA6White

Anguissa is a big name in France and Marseille would definitely take him back from us. I agree we would get about £15 if we sold him. Marseille are known to sign flops or players on the down for cheaper than actual value. Thauvin, Payet and Mitroglou

WolverineFFC

Quote from: bigalffc on December 12, 2018, 06:09:06 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 12, 2018, 08:33:19 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 12, 2018, 07:46:46 AM
To be fair I think on KMAC vs. Seri / Anguissa debate.

One is a player trying his hardest who is not good enough, The other two are players who if they did try there hardest, would be good enough. It's easier to motivate Seri and Anguissa than it is to turn KMAC good at this level. IMO.

K Mac is twice the player of the 30 million man.

Exactly right mince

But I do agree with your point that Anguissa does have the potential to surpass Macdonald, but the real point is that he's not good enough at the moment and Macdonal presents a better option.

I do think Macdonald could come in to this team and perform at the levels we need. His biggest issue is his pace, but that is far less of a problem in a two man midfield. But all he apparences have been as a single man anchor under Slavisa.

Ruiz is a great comparison to Anguissa. He has value to other teams but not at the price Fulham would want to part with him at due to their investment. He would likely be on a series of loans until the last year of his contract, then sold for a much smaller fee.

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 14, 2018, 07:56:55 AM
You cannot compare us to Sunderland. We have infinitely more money than them, and you are wrong if you think we'd take a £20m+ loss on him.

Championship FFP dictates that you can only spend your revenue + £13m. There are no special rules for clubs with wealthy chairman like ours. So Sunderland, with their large ground and fan base, are probably at least as wealthy, if not wealthier than us.

Now, I cannot claim to know what action the club will decide on, but what we do know is we will, like all relegated clubs, need to get a c. £70m wage bill down to £30m, which means taking the average down from about £60k p/w to £25k p/w. Anguissa, likely on £70k p/w or more, is going to be a struggle to fit into that structure.

Also the way his transfer is accounted for is as payments of £6m per year.

Our total revenue before parachute payments will be what, £35m per year? Keeping Anguissa will cost (wages + transfer fee) about £10m per year. On those sums taking a one-off £20m hit sounds like a no brainer.   

KJS

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 14, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

I will drive KMac myself

He isn't. He's a model pro, and the true club captain.

He is a player past his best and not premier league standard and is not the club captain just an occasional stand in!

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 12, 2018, 12:07:57 AM
It is clear we have only one player Denis Odoi whose preferred position is Right Centre Back.

Do Fulham need to buy a new first team starter at RCB or just cover for Denis Odoi?

Any rumours (or suggestions) for the Centre Back we should buy?
I wonder how the Stats programme for a signing from the South of France factors in how much effort the player is likely to to put in. A manager linked player is much more likely to perform in this respect.

Looking forward to a couple of signings in January with strong Ranieri links.

JoelH5

Not sure if this has been posted but Sky are reporting we're in for Cahill.

I think he'd be exactly what we need. Especially as we're playing a lot deeper now.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 14, 2018, 08:19:40 PM

I think he'd be exactly what we need. Especially as we're playing a lot deeper now.
OK then lets get on with it and make sure he is with us for the beginning of January rather than February.

@jolslover

Call me mad but I'd like Yaya Toure, Watched a few of his last games for City and he looked on it. No doubt still a talented player and his game was never about being the quickest.
STH H3

the nutflush

Quote from: filham on December 14, 2018, 09:40:24 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 14, 2018, 08:19:40 PM

OK then lets get on with it and make sure he is with us for the beginning of January rather than February.

Yes sooner rather than later.