more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zambo should not play again

Started by Rodshig, December 11, 2018, 12:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

Seen enuf of him. Can't tackle, can't pass , no positional sense, no effort

The other options available may not be perfect but definately better than anguissa.

When i saw him in the starting 11 against Man utd, I knew the game was over as we would be run over in midfield.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise that he got sent off

Neutral Zone Ultra

Bet you said the same of Tim Ream in his first season with us,  I know I did.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Rodshig on December 11, 2018, 12:58:44 PM

The other options available may not be perfect but definately better than anguissa.

When i saw him in the starting 11 against Man utd, I knew the game was over as we would be run over in midfield.

There are multiple factors involved in an individual performance, and also in some (most?) cases players take a while to settle in and come into their own. Surely, just because he has had a few bad performances, he can still come good. Whether or not he will, only time will tell.

Instead of advocating for a player never to play again, we could put faith in that those who work with him every day can make the judgment on whether he should play or not. Next time (if there is any) he is involved I will of course cheer for him as always, since I will have to assume that the coaches actually wants to do what is best for the team.

Am I impressed by him so far? No, absolutely not. Am I ready to conclude that he will never be good enough? Of course not, that would be ridiculous based on the very small sample size we have seen. There are so many occasions where players have started out bad, but eventually become good.

Lastly, we also have the problem of who to play instead if Chambers is out. McDonald and Johansen have been equally unimpressive so far in my opinion, and I have seen so little of Cisse so that I have absolutely no clue. Only central midfield players that have so far showed that they might belong in the PL is Chambers, Seri and Cairney in my opinion.

Rodshig

Yes agree. Stef and macdonald have not been great this season but they make it up with their tenacity and some fight. Anguissa comes across as lost and invisible in the side.

Every match for us now is a scrap and battle. We do not have the capabilty to "carry" a player through each game who does absolutely nothing.

With regards to Ream. He has done well in our last season. Tt being said we were never really solved our defensive issues when we were in the championship, we look vulnerable and would always concede the occasional silly goal. I would think tt the PL is a step too far for Ream. Kinda felt tt KAlas was our best CB and most promising defender.  Pity we din't keep him at the club.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Rodshig on December 11, 2018, 01:34:52 PM
Yes agree. Stef and macdonald have not been great this season but they make it up with their tenacity and some fight. Anguissa comes across as lost and invisible in the side.

Every match for us now is a scrap and battle. We do not have the capabilty to "carry" a player through each game who does absolutely nothing.

With regards to Ream. He has done well in our last season. Tt being said we were never really solved our defensive issues when we were in the championship, we look vulnerable and would always concede the occasional silly goal. I would think tt the PL is a step too far for Ream. Kinda felt tt KAlas was our best CB and most promising defender.  Pity we din't keep him at the club.

Sorry to keep disagreeing, but have yet to see McDonald and Johansen contribute any noticable tenacity and fight or anything else for that matter this season. Hope they both get to play more and prove me wrong though, since I really like them both.

Also never really understood what made Kalas better than anyone else. He was as prone to mistakes as people seem to think that Odoi is, but slower and with worse technique and passing. Maybe a bit tougher, but surprisingly Odoi manages decently in that regard as well even in the PL. Agree though that we always seem prone to concede soft goals, and this has been regardless of the choice of centre backs. Worrying it is, since it feels like we always have a soft give away waiting to happen. This was true also when Kalas played. The again, it is a team game, with eleven players defending (or not) together.

The Rational Fan

Zambo Anguissa's whoscored statistics in Ligue 1 were as good as Jordan Henderson's statsitics in the Premier League. They both have five year contracts of similar value with Henderson @ 28 yo not improving and Anguissa signing @ 22  yo can still improve. If Anguissa produces similar performances in the premier league between 23-28 years old; to the Ligue 1 performances that he produced between 20-22 years old; then he would have been an absolute bargain.

After a dreadfull game against ManU, maybe Anguissa should concentrate on the practice field until the next FA Cup game where he faces an opponent much weaker than anything in Ligue 1. If he can play as good as his best in Ligue 1, he will win the Man of the Match award against Oldham. After one MOTM, maybe he can win another MOTM in the premier league within the next month at Burnley, Tottenham, Brighton or Crystal Palace.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 11, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
Quote from: Rodshig on December 11, 2018, 12:58:44 PM

There are multiple factors involved in an individual performance, and also in some (most?) cases players take a while to settle in and come into their own. Surely, just because he has had a few bad performances, he can still come good. Whether or not he will, only time will tell.

Instead of advocating for a player never to play again, we could put faith in that those who work with him every day can make the judgment on whether he should play or not. Next time (if there is any) he is involved I will of course cheer for him as always, since I will have to assume that the coaches actually wants to do what is best for the team.

Am I impressed by him so far? No, absolutely not. Am I ready to conclude that he will never be good enough? Of course not, that would be ridiculous based on the very small sample size we have seen. There are so many occasions where players have started out bad, but eventually become good.

Lastly, we also have the problem of who to play instead if Chambers is out. McDonald and Johansen have been equally unimpressive so far in my opinion, and I have seen so little of Cisse so that I have absolutely no clue. Only central midfield players that have so far showed that they might belong in the PL is Chambers, Seri and Cairney in my opinion.
Good post Sting. I agree, and hope that the coaching staff can work on weaknesses, and develop strengths, so that Frank becomes a valuable premier league player. At 22 he is still young.

nose returns

players can play well or bad.
ream started slowly but improved especially when he was played in the correct position
however ream gave 100%. Most players do but zambo gives all the impression of not knowing what is happening around him and he certainly appears not to be trying and the number of times in replays you can see when he loses possession, he just gives up. the stills sequence V city was a brilliant illustration of a player who cannot be bothered. That is the problem with him, he does not put in the effort.
and for that matter neither does seri, both are a great disapointment because no matter how good you are, without effort you are a waste of space.

they would both do well to look at our brilliant 18 year old sess who give his maximum every single game, he is the standard.

toshes mate

I will use the word 'raw' to describe Anguissa because whilst I do understand the connotations expressed on another thread the word describes an unfinished article, pre-refined and needing to be polished.  He is 23, has played for his country, and does show potential for playing at the top of the English game but should never have been purchased as a certain starter.  He'd be an excellent 'sub' in an already fully functioning midfield to bring on as a player via game time and experience until he can hold a position and call it his own.  He has been thrown in the deep end and he flounders as best he can.  That is my take.  He'd have been a brilliant buy for a club who already had a brilliant midfield working like a Swiss clock.  An investment certainly but really too much of a luxury purchase for my taste.

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on December 11, 2018, 04:56:21 PM
I will use the word 'raw' to describe Anguissa because whilst I do understand the connotations expressed on another thread the word describes an unfinished article, pre-refined and needing to be polished.  He is 23, has played for his country, and does show potential for playing at the top of the English game but should never have been purchased as a certain starter.  He'd be an excellent 'sub' in an already fully functioning midfield to bring on as a player via game time and experience until he can hold a position and call it his own.  He has been thrown in the deep end and he flounders as best he can.  That is my take.  He'd have been a brilliant buy for a club who already had a brilliant midfield working like a Swiss clock.  An investment certainly but really too much of a luxury purchase for my taste.

Agree completely here. Used as a sub, especially in his first match for Ranieri would have been my preference.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: toshes mate on December 11, 2018, 04:56:21 PM
That's a fair assessment and, for once, I'm inclined to agree with you.

DevonFFC

People were calling for him back for the United game so he must have done something right in the last game he played.

It's a team game and I wouldn't say the team as a whole is playing well. Stick Kante in and he would cover the pitch 10x over but the team still wouldn't have their problems.

Let's not write anyone off just yet

@jolslover

I think Anguissas positives for me so far at Fulham have been on the ball in terms of keeping it under pressure.

If I can refer you to this thread... Several of these clips remind me of Dembele. Showing great strength and agility to keep the ball when under pressure.

I think overtime he will become a good player for us.
STH H3

The Rational Fan

We bought a player easily worth his price tag, if he can reproduce in the EPL (against the bottom 14 teams) the statistical performances he did in Ligue 1 at 20-22 years old. Anguissa just needs to improve enough to play as well against Wolves, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Oldham and Burley as he did against PSG, Monaco, Rennes, Bordeaux and Lyon.

Bill2

While I know he is not the perfect player he did a number of good things at Old Trafford, the sending off was unlucky and was never a yellow card, the referee was worse than useless and made me suspect if Rashford is really his lovechild.

Woolly Mammoth

If we keep selecting Anguissa, we will be relegated before he comes good. Need him to punch his weight now, which he is clearly incapable of.
Fulham were sold a pup, and Marseilles must be laughing their heads off.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rodshig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2018, 12:57:28 AM
If we keep selecting Anguissa, we will be relegated before he comes good. Need him to punch his weight now, which he is clearly incapable of.
Fulham were sold a pup, and Marseilles must be laughing their heads off.

Agreed. We don not have the luxury to let him develop and grow now.

Maybe a loan out in Jan will do him some good.

Moltobueno

Quote from: @jolslover on December 11, 2018, 08:24:26 PM
I think Anguissas positives for me so far at Fulham have been on the ball in terms of keeping it under pressure.

If I can refer you to this thread... Several of these clips remind me of Dembele. Showing great strength and agility to keep the ball when under pressure.

Totally agree.  :plus one:

Didn't we have a similar topic about Chambers (or was it TFM) and Kamara? First one was really poor in his first games - now fans can't imagine starting lineup without him. 2nd name has scored 2 goas from 2 last matches...

the nutflush

Quote from: @jolslover on December 11, 2018, 08:24:26 PM

Anguissa in no way reminds me of Dembele.  Massive waste of money.  Whoever suggested we buy him needs to find a new profession.  If we keep playing him we WILL be relegated.  End of story.

Woolly Mammoth

I would not have minded as much if Anguissa had been a free transfer. Then it would have been a case of is he worth his wages.
But so far he is not been worth a penny of the money that has been wasted on him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.