News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely đź”’
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Recruitment. How it works under Ranieri and how it worked under Slav.

Started by Snibbo, December 12, 2018, 12:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Quote from: @jolslover on December 12, 2018, 08:31:14 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 12, 2018, 05:11:08 PM
Quote from: nose on December 12, 2018, 04:30:07 PM
the propcess is fatally flawed and shambolic. it is bound to go wrong if the team leading it are inexperienced and proved to have a track record of getting it wrong. Ranieri may be happy to accept the ridiculous sytem as would I at the salaries these people get but there is no way we will be charging up the table the way we buy players.

I wish i had as much money as Mr khan had to waste. If I were him I would get somebody experienced that knew what they were doing to run transfers and make sure the manager was the leader of defining what and who we need.

No manager in the world has the time or scouting acumen to assess every relevant league in the world in a real-time basis and make determinations on availability and value. I don't know why people are so weird about Fulham's system. There seemed to be a lot of excitement this summer when we signed Seri, Mitrovic and Mawson, among others, and neither you nor I have any idea about the players Slav "rejected" when they were presented. Maybe they were great.

My biggest issue with this summer was the dire need to sign a high-quality athletic 6 to replace McDonald, and to this point, Anguissa has been a whiff. If we're to stay up, we need a re-do on that purchase in January. Anguissa is not going to be ready for this level in time, and he and Seri together has been terrible.

Add in a better CB to replace Odoi, and a quality winger who has the best combined traits of Schurrle + Kamara, and I think we can just about manage to stay in the division.

(Edit: My bigger issue with Anguissa is ... our scouts also watched him and approved him. That really concerns me. I spent five minutes watching YouTube clips after he was announced and was underwhelmed, and if the club didn't understand that he couldn't adapt to being the lone dedicated D-Mid instead of being paired with another one, that's an additional issue)

Our scouts would have watched full game highlights of him, Not just a couple of youtube clips which due to copyright restrictions will not tell you much about a player these days.
If you have twitter I can show you a vid of Anguissa I was sent when we signed him that made him look impressive. (Not on YT)

Oh, I don't doubt they watched significant video of him (if they didn't manage to see him in person the season before). I question whether our scouts are good enough at their job. If you have advanced enough "Stats," you should be able to determine personnel fit required in addition to individual performance. But if you don't and are just doing a screen of sorts to identify targets, the scouts *absolutely* should be able to provide the qualitative feedback required to make a decision.

Even if Anguissa is great and tremendous value (very much in question atm), how could he possibly have been determined to be a fit in Jokanovic's system playing next to Seri instead of a second dedicated defensive midfielder? He clearly wasn't ready for that level of defensive responsibility in a better league, and i also question whether his passing range is good enough for what that position under Joka required.

It seems much more of a fit whiff than a "does he suck??" whiff, and that's on the scouts who watched him play. And this extends to all the other complains people have on here. Trashing Tony's Computer may be sport on this board, but highly-paid humans are also watching film/in person of these players before they're purchased. You can't be upset with one and not the other when "both boxes" (including the manager) need to be checked.

RaySmith

We don't really know much if anything about the process by which these  players were targeted and acquired.

They must have been thought of as up to the job by some - and surely experienced football people must be involved somewhere, before  khan signs  such  big cheques.

That there wasn't much time to sign players  must be important  - who was available of suitable quality. Anguissa was seen apparently - portrayed to us as such - as  a young player of enormous potential. The thing is, he and Seri have had to prove their quality in the brutal  atmosphere of the Prem, with no previous experience of football at such a level of pace and strength apparently,

and not in the security of a top team, with very experienced players  all around them, but for Fulham, new to the Prem, and with other inexperienced players around them.

But it is what it is - now we just have to get on with it. We aren't yet adrift at all, and we should trust CR to organise and get the best of the players  at his disposal - who are quality players, along with  such as Sess, Mitro, Cairney and Kmac - who will always give 100 % for Fulham, and  also have quality.

toshes mate

There is one absolutely brilliant thing about computer databases (shared with footie simulations) and that is you can use them 24/7 to find the perfect fit for your team's missing 'star' (singular or plural) and you do not have to be a nerd to use them.  I would imagine all our scouts, full, part-time and special job, are able to watch players live as necessary from selections made from the moment a 'star' was found to be missing on the training ground and in matchday analysis.  Most of us can spot there is a defect even if we are not quite sure who is defective or how the defect is occurring, but football people have the sixth sense required, don't they?  And so the moment we say we are looking for a centre back the guys are already familier with the short list of potentials, the scouting reports have been collated, and the top picks sorted with the coaches.

No, it isn't rocket science and it should work very much more often than it doesn't work.