News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Seri cost another Fulham manager his job?

Started by Nick Bateman, December 13, 2018, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 14, 2018, 01:21:06 AM
Don't blame the transfers for our problems. We should be able to get a few clean sheets and compete with Cardiff, Wolves and Huddersfield using last years starting XI, but we know the team below would let in 2 goals per game and that's not because of a weak bench of new recruits.

Betts

Christie Odoi Ream Bryan

Johnson KMac

AK47/Atyie  Cairney  Sessegnon

Mitro

Subs: Rico, Mawson, MLM, Chambers, Anguissa, Seri, Shurrle

I would put Mawson for ream and that team would offer more than the present line up and run through walls for the cause.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2018, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 06:42:27 AM
The xenophobic language that has creeped onto this site in the last few weeks is making it much more uncomfortable place to visit and I believe unless it's dealt with will not be to the benefit of FOF.

I once went out with a girl who was xenophobic, she hated Cornish Pasties.
Nothing wrong with Cornish Pasties!! (LOL)
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Moltobueno

I understand the topic starter needs a scapegoat and releases all his anger on Seri but IMO there's a reason why the manager chooses to play Seri and I doubt it's because his pricetag.

Peabody

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 14, 2018, 12:00:56 AM
One accepted TC being left out having recovered from injury in the Everton game, which incidently was the catalyst for Fulham's decline in form without him.  Now he has recovered and has PROVEN quality the manager should show the nous to pick him, certainly above a Frenchman who has never shown he can handle the physical nature of English football.

I would opt for Kevin Macdonald alongside Cairney.

I Know you know your footie Nick but Tom got his injury at home against Burnley, not away against Everton.

MJG

The xenophobic language that has creeped onto this site in the last few weeks is making it much more uncomfortable place to visit and I believe unless it's dealt with will not be to the benefit of FOF.

you can try and deflect my post away from the subject with some humour but I commented on because that's how I see it it here.
Just the views of a long term fan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 08:09:44 AM

you can try and deflect my post away from the subject with some humour but I commented on because that's how I see it it here.

Think your getting a tad worked up about nothing Mike.
I hate that Macron fella,just as I hate the p**** 3 doors from us,does that make me xenophobic just because Macron is French.

Stevieboy

Some comments attract more interest when highlighted.
We're all grown up here, a few descriptions accepted during our lifetimes won't bring the world down.
Too many snowflake pc brigage attitudes stifling this country........ ::pirate::

:merry christmas: :merry christmas: xma2

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2018, 08:54:37 AM

I hate that Macron fella,just as I hate the p**** 3 doors from us,does that make me xenophobic just because Macron is French.
No, but I'm talking about the language being used and you know perfectly well what I'm talking aboyt on this thread and elsewhere.
Just the views of a long term fan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 09:28:45 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2018, 08:54:37 AM

No, but I'm talking about the language being used and you know perfectly well what I'm talking aboyt on this thread and elsewhere.

Fair enough I take your point.

Spirit of 2000

Lee Clark gives a very interesting interview on the Fulhamish podcast where he pinpoints many of the new signings and Seri & Schurrle are used as prime examples who aren't pulling their weight. Stats I wouldn't give you a thank you for - it's largely Tony Khan's naff STAT based signings which have proven so terrible and bad fit for what we need. Unfortunately both Seri & Schurrle whilst obviously talented players in some respects are bad fits for what FFC need.

Someone ironically like Lee Clark would be exactly what this side needs, industrious a threat going forward, tracks back - ditto a Sean Davis, Legwinski etc - all of which would benefit us a lot more than Seri, Anguissa & Schurrle. Clarky also goes on to say that it was a mistake to totally disregard many of the players that got us to this level and whilst some may not be up to the standard - he has a point as I guarantee you that last years side that won the playoffs would beat this team - it's not just "talent" that matters, it's passion, work ethic and team spirit - a side with greater parts of these elements will often beat a side with a few more technically able players (not that Anguissa is technically able!!)

Baszab

Nose - you are so right - anyone actually at the game would see Seri's very poor work ethic - not worth his transfer fee whatever nationality he is - however because he has played previously in the French Ligue he may be struggling to adapt

toshes mate

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 14, 2018, 09:38:00 AM
Lee Clark gives a very interesting interview on the Fulhamish podcast where he pinpoints many of the new signings and Seri & Schurrle are used as prime examples who aren't pulling their weight. Stats I wouldn't give you a thank you for - it's largely Tony Khan's naff STAT based signings which hhave proven so terrible and bad fit for what we need. Unfortunately both Seri & Schurrle whilst obviously talented players in some respects are bad fits for what FFC need.

Someone ironically like Lee Clark would be exactly what this side needs, industrious a threat going forward, tracks back - ditto a Sean Davis, Legwinski etc - all of which would benefit us a lot more than Seri, Anguissa & Schurrle. Clarky also goes on to say that it was a mistake to totally disregard many of the players that got us to this level and whilst some may not be up to the standard - he has a point as I guarantee you that last years side that won the playoffs would beat this team - it's not just "talent" that matters, it's passion, work ethic and team spirit - a side with greater parts of these elements will often beat a side with a few more technically able players (not that Anguissa is technically able!!)
I have already said last season's side would have obtained more points that this season's side and the main reason is they clicked together like clockwork.  They knew each other and were bonded together in a way that made points winning very much simpler than it had been when they were not so familiar and didn't click together.   The object of the observations I make is to remind all concerned that it takes time to get players to click and once you have it you do not destroy it easily.  It is the last part that our recruiters almost entirely ignored.

RaySmith

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 14, 2018, 09:38:00 AM
Lee Clark gives a very interesting interview on the Fulhamish podcast where he pinpoints many of the new signings and Seri & Schurrle are used as prime examples who aren't pulling their weight. Stats I wouldn't give you a thank you for - it's largely Tony Khan's naff STAT based signings which hhave proven so terrible and bad fit for what we need. Unfortunately both Seri & Schurrle whilst obviously talented players in some respects are bad fits for what FFC need.

Without commenting on what Lee is saying, I noticed on looking at an old video, how good the team that won at Old Trafford 3-1 in 2003 now looks , with Lee himself, Steed and Inamoto scoring, and with Van Der Saar, Boa, Goma, Bonnisel, Legwinski, Saha, Volz.

Our curent team  is still a work in progress you could say, but we don't have much time to get it right,but feel under CR we have a good cahnce of surviving..

Jamie88

I think more laughable than the WUM that is Master Bates, is the fact that Seri is not French, he is Ivorian. A bit like calling an Australian an Englishman.
I believe he has also referred in the past to Anguissa being a "frog" - he of course is from Cameroon.

filham

I am struggling a little with modern language, just about got to gripps with xeophobic (although it is not in my big old dictionaries) but suspect that Cornish Pasties has a meaning other than people living in Cornwall.

Deeping_white

Out of interest, why have mine and several other comments about the OP making a racist post been removed? Just because you remove the one offending sentence that made clear he was being racist, doesn't really diminish from the quite obvious point of where he was going with this post?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 14, 2018, 07:15:47 AM

I love a full English every morning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: Baszab on December 14, 2018, 09:50:00 AM
Nose - you are so right - anyone actually at the game would see Seri's very poor work ethic - not worth his transfer fee whatever nationality he is - however because he has played previously in the French Ligue he may be struggling to adapt

My  youngest son likes seri and also thinks the stats are relevant. i actually think there is a talented pklayer inside seri but he is not doing it at the moment for whatever reason but worse is he really is not appearing to give 100%. When I wach sess and mitro they run themselves into the ground, if they m,ake errors they try to rectify them, seri seems to stand and watch and some of the replays are painful the number of times he is at the center of things going wrong.

As I say, I think he might yet becaome a top player but he is way off it at the moment and I do think good management would have him on the bench for a while to focus his attention.

Bill2

From my perspective Seri is not that bad a player except in his tracking back. He and Anguisa are not good enough and you often see them looking at the opponents mid field running through them they should be trying close them to close them down. Also he tends to play Tom further up the field close to Mitro to pick up all the lay offs.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 13, 2018, 01:48:42 PM
When will the "Tinkerman" wake up and smell the coffee that playing Seri in the centre of Fulham's midfield is harmful to further progress in our campaign to stay up.

Seri does not tackle, loses the ball far too easily, has poor work-rate and offers the defense no covering support.  He is kept in by a 'wonder-goal', something he will probably never repeat.

Last week Ranieri dropped Fulham star player Tom Cairney to accomodate this failing midfielder. We have seen similar laconic performances from Aguissa, who although harshly red carded last weekend, it may well be a blessing in disguise.  As someone has stated on this forum; THEY ARE NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT, and we should be making plans to recoup our spending in the January by off-loading these misfits and bring in the players we need to save our season.

Fulham should begin to keep a core first team together rather than these continued experiments as Ranieri goes through the process of learning who are his best players in the entire squad.  We need width and balls into Mitrovic, good link play from Cairney whose perception and awareness of teammates is second to none.  A pity Ranieri does not seem to possess the same perspicuity.

Sorry, but you're chatting utter nonsense.