News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Seri cost another Fulham manager his job?

Started by Nick Bateman, December 13, 2018, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: davew on December 13, 2018, 08:47:38 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 13, 2018, 08:34:43 PM
The evidence is in the proof of the pudding, being that Fulham are the bottom of the PL having spent over £100 million and Seri has played in every match!  Having seen Fulham play the best football in ANY division last season with  Tom Cairney instrumental in the heart of almost every move, we have become the "whipping boys" of this league and our defence is suffering from lack of protection because of lazy and indolent frogs like Seri.

Seri was at fault in our last match for at least two goals as he is virtually every week.  Forget phantom stats and believe what you see!
QuoteThat's what I have done all season but I have now booked an appointment to Vision Express as my Specsavers prescribed glasses are apparently not working, I believe what I see or what I think I see, agree with you Nick!
me too
1975 just leaving home full of hope

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on December 14, 2018, 10:04:21 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 14, 2018, 09:38:00 AM
Lee Clark gives a very interesting interview on the Fulhamish podcast where he pinpoints many of the new signings and Seri & Schurrle are used as prime examples who aren't pulling their weight. Stats I wouldn't give you a thank you for - it's largely Tony Khan's naff STAT based signings which hhave proven so terrible and bad fit for what we need. Unfortunately both Seri & Schurrle whilst obviously talented players in some respects are bad fits for what FFC need.

Someone ironically like Lee Clark would be exactly what this side needs, industrious a threat going forward, tracks back - ditto a Sean Davis, Legwinski etc - all of which would benefit us a lot more than Seri, Anguissa & Schurrle. Clarky also goes on to say that it was a mistake to totally disregard many of the players that got us to this level and whilst some may not be up to the standard - he has a point as I guarantee you that last years side that won the playoffs would beat this team - it's not just "talent" that matters, it's passion, work ethic and team spirit - a side with greater parts of these elements will often beat a side with a few more technically able players (not that Anguissa is technically able!!)
I have already said last season's side would have obtained more points that this season's side and the main reason is they clicked together like clockwork.  They knew each other and were bonded together in a way that made points winning very much simpler than it had been when they were not so familiar and didn't click together.   The object of the observations I make is to remind all concerned that it takes time to get players to click and once you have it you do not destroy it easily.  It is the last part that our recruiters almost entirely ignored.
Sorry but how on earth do you know that last seasons side would have obtained more points, these are the sort of comments that really annoy me because you cannot possibly know that. I don't mean to come across all fussy but it what I need to say.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Yes, what we need right now is Lee Clark in our midfield and while that it is not possible it is worth giving credibility to his comments.
A few of us have been saying for some time that we cannot afford the luxury of both Cairney and Seri in midfield. The hard fact is that we are getting beaten in this area and we really need a tough ball winner to get us in the game, neither Seri or Cairney can do this job. Until we find better we should use either Mc Donald or Johanson in this role

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: filham on December 14, 2018, 02:32:08 PM
Yes, what we need right now is Lee Clark in our midfield and while that it is not possible it is worth giving credibility to his comments.
A few of us have been saying for some time that we cannot afford the luxury of both Cairney and Seri in midfield. The hard fact is that we are getting beaten in this area and we really need a tough ball winner to get us in the game, neither Seri or Cairney can do this job. Until we find better we should use either Mc Donald or Johanson in this role

+1

jarv

I think Seri and Cairney can provide tremendous attacking capabilities, playing together. Just fix the defensive midfield role and another solid centre half to play alongside Mawson. 

Statto

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 09:28:45 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2018, 08:54:37 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 08:09:44 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2018, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 06:42:27 AM
The xenophobic language that has creeped onto this site in the last few weeks is making it much more uncomfortable place to visit and I believe unless it's dealt with will not be to the benefit of FOF.

I once went out with a girl who was xenophobic, she hated Cornish Pasties.
you can try and deflect my post away from the subject with some humour but I commented on because that's how I see it it here.

Think your getting a tad worked up about nothing Mike.
I hate that Macron fella,just as I hate the p**** 3 doors from us,does that make me xenophobic just because Macron is French.
No, but I'm talking about the language being used and you know perfectly well what I'm talking aboyt on this thread and elsewhere.
Honestly I do not see the difference between zenophobia and expressing dislike for Chelsea or QPR.

Racism, sexism etc have a different status legally and culturally because the context there is slavery and decades of institutional prejudice, inequality etc. They're groups that have been treated poorly by our society at times in the past.

No one persecuted the French. There are 70 million of them and they are doing fine. Most of them dislike us and call us "roast beef". So I see no problem with calling them frogs for a bit of a laugh, and enjoying getting one over on them in the World Cup. Oh and don't even get me started on the krauts...

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bill2 on December 14, 2018, 11:29:50 AM
From my perspective Seri is not that bad a player except in his tracking back. He and Anguisa are not good enough and you often see them looking at the opponents mid field running through them they should be trying close them to close them down. Also he tends to play Tom further up the field close to Mitro to pick up all the lay offs.

He's not a bad player.    He's playing poorly in this league at the moment.    When I see one of our back line players passing the ball to Seri so that he can initiate something from the back I'm thinking..."hey, he ain't no dang #8...if he loses the ball because the opposing mid is pressing him...and happens to be stronger and faster than Seri...we're screwed"

Seri is not a #8.    He's not even really a #6.

If I were an opposing coach I would have Seri man marked and press him every time it even looked like he was going to get the ball.

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on December 14, 2018, 01:14:55 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on December 14, 2018, 10:04:21 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 14, 2018, 09:38:00 AM
Lee Clark gives a very interesting interview on the Fulhamish podcast where he pinpoints many of the new signings and Seri & Schurrle are used as prime examples who aren't pulling their weight. Stats I wouldn't give you a thank you for - it's largely Tony Khan's naff STAT based signings which hhave proven so terrible and bad fit for what we need. Unfortunately both Seri & Schurrle whilst obviously talented players in some respects are bad fits for what FFC need.

Someone ironically like Lee Clark would be exactly what this side needs, industrious a threat going forward, tracks back - ditto a Sean Davis, Legwinski etc - all of which would benefit us a lot more than Seri, Anguissa & Schurrle. Clarky also goes on to say that it was a mistake to totally disregard many of the players that got us to this level and whilst some may not be up to the standard - he has a point as I guarantee you that last years side that won the playoffs would beat this team - it's not just "talent" that matters, it's passion, work ethic and team spirit - a side with greater parts of these elements will often beat a side with a few more technically able players (not that Anguissa is technically able!!)
I have already said last season's side would have obtained more points that this season's side and the main reason is they clicked together like clockwork.  They knew each other and were bonded together in a way that made points winning very much simpler than it had been when they were not so familiar and didn't click together.   The object of the observations I make is to remind all concerned that it takes time to get players to click and once you have it you do not destroy it easily.  It is the last part that our recruiters almost entirely ignored.
I have given my reasons for my opinion so there is really no reason for you to be annoyed unless of course you doubt the logic of my original posting on the subject or perhaps haven't even read it.

Nick Bateman

One stands corrected on Seri's nationality, he is Ivorian, and Anguissa from Cameroon, and both play for their countries and not eligible to play from France, who have "nationalised" many from their colonies.

They did however play in the French league which is an inferior standard to even England's 2nd tier. Perhaps they need time to adapt, I had hoped Anguissa could become Fulham's "Patrick Vieira", he showed coolness under pressure, has an imposing stature and shows decent ball skills.  Unfortunately he is a lazy blighter, a criticism I would not impart on Seri.

Seri, in my view, does not seem to know when or where to apply himself - he looks "lost".  To omit Tom Cairney for such a poor performer is folly and it may be too late to turn our fortunes around if "Tinkerman" does not see it soon.

The players may need time that Fulham have none to allow them and one would rather get rid in January, recoup some of the millions wasted, and reinvest in quality proven new blood.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 14, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
The xenophobic language that has creeped onto this site in the last few weeks is making it much more uncomfortable place to visit and I believe unless it's dealt with will not be to the benefit of FOF.

you can try and deflect my post away from the subject with some humour but I commented on because that's how I see it it here.

I hate that Macron fella,just as I hate the p**** 3 doors from us,does that make me xenophobic just because Macron is French.
No, but I'm talking about the language being used and you know perfectly well what I'm talking aboyt on this thread and elsewhere.
Honestly I do not see the difference between zenophobia and expressing dislike for Chelsea or QPR.

Racism, sexism etc have a different status legally and culturally because the context there is slavery and decades of institutional prejudice, inequality etc. They're groups that have been treated poorly by our society at times in the past.

No one persecuted the French. There are 70 million of them and they are doing fine. Most of them dislike us and call us "roast beef". So I see no problem with calling them frogs for a bit of a laugh, and enjoying getting one over on them in the World Cup. Oh and don't even get me started on the krauts...
I understand that but when using that language let's look at the context its used.
I don't see anyone who has sagged Christie off mention he is irish
The negatives... And there have been some... Towards MLM never seem to mention his nationality.
Do people slag mwason off by saying English CB Mawson?
It seems nationalities being used by some individuals seems to be mentioned only with particular players. Maybe this is on the wrong thread but it's how I'm seeing it.
Just the views of a long term fan

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 04:23:14 PM

I understand that but when using that language let's look at the context its used.
I don't see anyone who has sagged Christie off mention he is irish
The negatives... And there have been some... Towards MLM never seem to mention his nationality.
Do people slag mwason off by saying English CB Mawson?
It seems nationalities being used by some individuals seems to be mentioned only with particular players. Maybe this is on the wrong thread but it's how I'm seeing it.
Excellent post, and I think certain individuals need to think before posting, especially with regards to a player's nationality, is this really a good thing to mention?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Sorry Statto but what evidence do you have that the idea that most French people dislike the British is true? As a matter of fact all the French people (albeit just a few) I know love living in England and have no problems, and I have stayed with people in France before and they were very hospitable. It's a very baseless assumption to rationalise xenophobia with, and with regards to it being 'a laugh', I reckon those Chelsea scum who abused Sterling the other day thought it was 'a laugh' at the time too. Call me a snowflake whatever I don't care, but either way I feel and so do the majority of others that xenophobic language is unacceptable, either in sport or society in general.

Milo

Nick has already said he made a mistake with the nationalities.. I'd like to know what you guys think about Seri's performances!

@jolslover

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 14, 2018, 04:51:32 PM

Sorry Statto but what evidence do you have that the idea that most French people dislike the British is true? As a matter of fact all the French people (albeit just a few) I know love living in England and have no problems, and I have stayed with people in France before and they were very hospitable. It's a very baseless assumption to rationalise xenophobia with, and with regards to it being 'a laugh', I reckon those Chelsea scum who abused Sterling the other day thought it was 'a laugh' at the time too. Call me a snowflake whatever I don't care, but either way I feel and so do the majority of others that xenophobic language is unacceptable, either in sport or society in general.

Good post +1
STH H3

Nick Bateman

I do not believe the Chelsea 'mob' (was about 4 fans) racially abused Sterling.  He showed no reaction at the time and any such language would have brought a complaint to the referee immediately.  Sterling is one of today's pampered overpaid players who constantly dives.  One recalls a similar accusation made by another incorrigible cheat El Haj Diouf when trying to explain why he SPAT in the face of an over-friendly child claimed he was racially abused.  Far too often is the race card played; they even tried to call Brexit racist!

Sterling changed his nationality to suit his wage pocket and his off the field antics have brought attention from the media.  One would not however claim the British 'gutter' press racist.  They are without many other scruples but that is not among them.  Needless to say many supporters dislike or envy people like him, but he is making millions so should learn not to have such a thin skin and take verbal, non-racial attacks from the terraces on the chin and stop whingeing afterwards because his team lost.

Regarding the subject, Seri's place in Fulham is harming our survival and while MJG pontificates, Fulham stay bottom of the Premier League.  MJG has had a history of standing up for people employed by this club performing badly while I simply want Fulham to start winning games and not to go down to face unfair Fair Play resistrictions which will bankrupt the club!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 14, 2018, 09:23:53 PM
I do not believe the Chelsea 'mob' (was about 4 fans) racially abused Sterling.  He showed no reaction at the time and any such language would have brought a complaint to the referee immediately.  Sterling is one of today's pampered overpaid players who constantly dives.  One recalls a similar accusation made by another incorrigible cheat El Haj Diouf when trying to explain why he SPAT in the face of an over-friendly child claimed he was racially abused.  Far too often is the race card played; they even tried to call Brexit racist!

Sterling changed his nationality to suit his wage pocket and his off the field antics have brought attention from the media.  One would not however claim the British 'gutter' press racist.  They are without many other scruples but that is not among them.  Needless to say many supporters dislike or envy people like him, but he is making millions so should learn not to have such a thin skin and take verbal, non-racial attacks from the terraces on the chin and stop whingeing afterwards because his team lost.

Regarding the subject, Seri's place in Fulham is harming our survival and while MJG pontificates, Fulham stay bottom of the Premier League.  MJG has had a history of standing up for people employed by this club performing badly while I simply want Fulham to start winning games and not to go down to face unfair Fair Play resistrictions which will bankrupt the club!
ill call its as I see it and simply you are a racist.
Just the views of a long term fan

@jolslover

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 09:49:16 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 14, 2018, 09:23:53 PM

ill call its as I see it and simply you are a racist.

+1
STH H3