News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi and Seri should be permanently dropped.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 15, 2018, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Quote from: maoconnor on December 15, 2018, 08:11:10 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on December 15, 2018, 08:02:21 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on December 15, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
What exactly did Seri do wrong today, over and above anyone else on the pitch?

Ermmmm, he had a very good pass completion rate, put himself about, started some good attacking plays... no in fact let's just blame Seri and also Zambo because they cost a lot.

Could you please find his pass completion rate and post it here? I am calling your bluff on his pass completion rate.

Well at the end the first half, Cairny was too, Seri second and Diop third as per BT sports stats so I will leave you to crawl off and find that.

Spirit of 2000

Seri has poor defensive awareness and playing deep is a liability... he cannot last 90 mins ... he cannot take a decent set piece ... he gets caught in possession often .... he plays too safe ... and before anyone tries to justify him with stats ... stats mean little and can be very misleading and at the core of our poor transfer policy that Tony Khan puts too much faith in!

DevonFFC

Quote from: Tezer on December 15, 2018, 08:13:48 PM
Ranieri picked the wrong back 4 today. Ream should not have been centre back and Odoi should not have been right back. It took him 45 minutes to realise but to his credit he corrected his error of judgement.

Seri is tidy BUT look where he is for the goals. Look where he is for the Manchester United goals. I assume he couldn't be bothered rather than he doesn't have the ability. It would be charitable to say he is marking space because actually wasn't marking at all. He needs to up his game.

Its a pity AK doesn't have a brain because he could be a good player.

The team played well today first half and half the second half. All is not doom. BUT Ranieri has to pick the right team. And Seri needs to put some effort in

The issue is, you all think Seri is a box to box combative midfielder. He isn't, he wasn't brought in as that, unfortunately we are in a place where we need that type of player and he isn't it. So if we are judging him in this role he will never excell. Some players can play across postitions based on their attributes but he cannot. Kante is having the same issue at Chelsea with the manager wanting him to play a position he doesn't play and doesn't suit his style of play

Matt10

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 15, 2018, 08:21:27 PM
Ranieri picked the wrong back 4 today. Ream should not have been centre back and Odoi should not have been right back. It took him 45 minutes to realise but to his credit he corrected his error of judgement.

Seri is tidy BUT look where he is for the goals. Look where he is for the Manchester United goals. I assume he couldn't be bothered rather than he doesn't have the ability. It would be charitable to say he is marking space because actually wasn't marking at all. He needs to up his game.

The team played well today first half and half the second half. All is not doom. BUT Ranieri has to pick the right team. And Seri needs to put some effort in

The issue is, you all think Seri is a box to box combative midfielder. He isn't, he wasn't brought in as that, unfortunately we are in a place where we need that type of player and he isn't it. So if we are judging him in this role he will never excell. Some players can play across postitions based on their attributes but he cannot. Kante is having the same issue at Chelsea with the manager wanting him to play a position he doesn't play and doesn't suit his style of play

You're absolutely right. If you watch him for Nice last year, he was the captain essentially playing CDM with a free role to push forward when the ball is further advanced. Similar to how Chambers plays for us. However, the defending is not the same at all. Defensive positioning for Nice is 1:1 meaning if you are a CDM, you stay in that CDM spot defensively. Ranieri's designed system is not built that way. His CDMs cover the wingers as a unit.

It is completely unnatural for Seri, I'm afraid. He's a good player, but placed in the wrong system. I just don't think we can sacrifice moving Chambers out of his position though.

AnOldBrownie

The issue is, you all think Seri is a box to box midfielder. He isn't, he wasn't brought in as that, unfortunately we are in a place where we need that type of player and he isn't it. So if we are judging him in this role he will never excell. Some players can play across postitions based on their attributes but he cannot. Kante is having the same issue at Chelsea with the manager wanting him to play a position he doesn't play and doesn't suit his style of play

Who is " you all"?

I knew nothing about Seri as a player until I saw him play for the Whites and the eyeball test says unequivocally he isn't a box to box.

But when I said he couldn't play with Cairney, or that Seri wasn't needed on team that had Cairney, I was called on it.

I'd rather have a defensive minded midfielder on the pitch if Cairney is going to play.

And I want Cairney playing every game.

DevonFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 15, 2018, 08:28:50 PM

The issue is, you all think Seri is a box to box midfielder. He isn't, he wasn't brought in as that, unfortunately we are in a place where we need that type of player and he isn't it. So if we are judging him in this role he will never excell. Some players can play across postitions based on their attributes but he cannot. Kante is having the same issue at Chelsea with the manager wanting him to play a position he doesn't play and doesn't suit his style of play

Who is " you all"?

I knew nothing about Seri as a player until I saw him play for the Whites and the eyeball test says unequivocally he isn't a box to box.

He's an attacking mid.

But when I said he couldn't play with Cairney, or that Seri wasn't needed on team that had Cairney, I was called on it.

I'd rather have a defensive minded midfielder on the pitch if Cairney is going to play.

And I want Cairney playing every game.

I wasn't necessarily pointing a finger at you but reading the comments about Seri gets on my t1ts as I don't see any other the other 10 players out their playing blinders.

I said at half time I would like to see Ciisse on and move Seri forward to see what he can do with less defensive duties.

I'm still holding on to hope with this team, they have have the quality it's just so they have the minerals we shall see

Burntheashes

I really like to see a 5-3-2 with Johansen-Mcdonald-Cairney in the mid seeing them try their best and take a L, rather to watch another game of Seri...

@jolslover

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 15, 2018, 08:02:21 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on December 15, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
What exactly did Seri do wrong today, over and above anyone else on the pitch?

Ermmmm, he had a very good pass completion rate, put himself about, started some good attacking plays... no in fact let's just blame Seri and also Zambo because they cost a lot.

so real, the game ended when Seri got taken off. We didn't make a single attack after he went off. Didn't create a single chance. But no, Johansen is better because he runs around. Honestly I am angry
STH H3

Matt10

Quote from: Burntheashes on December 15, 2018, 08:40:15 PM
I really like to see a 5-3-2 with Johansen-Mcdonald-Cairney in the mid seeing them try their best and take a L, rather to watch another game of Seri...

Honestly, I would not be against this, but not for the Seri remark. I just want to see the old 3 back together again. However, Johansen has looked off the mark when he's been in. He does approach the game differently with his creativity though. Too bad his touches were poor and he had very minimal chances to be creative.

@jolslover

Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2018, 08:47:34 PM

Honestly, I would not be against this, but not for the Seri remark. I just want to see the old 3 back together again. However, Johansen has looked off the mark when he's been in. He does approach the game differently with his creativity though. Too bad his touches were poor and he had very minimal chances to be creative.

Why do you think this? Johansen and Mcdonald have both looked poor when they've played in the prem. Arguably worse than Anguissa and Seri. Why do you think this would work?. This worked in the championship yes but we are a level above now. These players are not good enough to keep us up. Mcdonald hasn't been included in any of Ranieris squads for a reason.
STH H3

Spirit of 2000

Nobody has looked worse than Anguissa... what does he do and what are his qualities?? Cisse looked a lot better than him when he played.

@jolslover

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 15, 2018, 09:01:28 PM
Nobody has looked worse than Anguissa... what does he do and what are his qualities?? Cisse looked a lot better than him when he played.

He is very good at holding onto the ball in tight spaces. Just one observation. When on the ball shows agility and strength.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on December 15, 2018, 09:05:45 PM

He is very good at holding onto the ball in tight spaces. Just one observation. When on the ball shows agility and strength.
he actually drives forwards too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

Quote from: @jolslover on December 15, 2018, 08:58:10 PM

Why do you think this? Johansen and Mcdonald have both looked poor when they've played in the prem. Arguably worse than Anguissa and Seri. Why do you think this would work?. This worked in the championship yes but we are a level above now. These players are not good enough to keep us up. Mcdonald hasn't been included in any of Ranieris squads for a reason.

Frankly, we haven't seen that combo this year. Have we? You're only as good as your fellow teammates, and those 3 have proven 23 times just how good they are as teammates.

I'm not saying Ranieri needs to do that or I'm out, I'm just saying I wouldn't be against it. I wasn't against Cairney playing RM either, and it turned out to be pretty good.

I don't play the unproven theory game. I also don't play the "not prem level" game. That's what got us in this mess, to begin with.

TC, Kmac and Stefjo have been called upon individually, but not as a unit yet this season. Again, I wouldn't be against it, but on the flip-side I don't think it's realistic because where would Chambers go - but I also didn't think it would be realistic for CR to pick Odoi in the RB spot after Man United. Go figure!

@jolslover

Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2018, 09:09:55 PM

Frankly, we haven't seen that combo this year. Have we? You're only as good as your fellow teammates, and those 3 have proven 23 times just how good they are as teammates.

I'm not saying Ranieri needs to do that or I'm out, I'm just saying I wouldn't be against it. I wasn't against Cairney playing RM either, and it turned out to be pretty good.

I don't play the unproven theory game. I also don't play the "not prem level" game. That's what got us in this mess, to begin with.

TC, Kmac and Stefjo have been called upon individually, but not as a unit yet this season. Again, I wouldn't be against it, but on the flip-side I don't think it's realistic because where would Chambers go - but I also didn't think it would be realistic for CR to pick Odoi in the RB spot after Man United. Go figure!

Yes in the level below mate. They have proven to be good in a league of worse quality than the Premier league. So by that logic Anguissa and Seri have proven they are good as well as they have performed in the French league right? The exact same logic applies.
STH H3

Spirit of 2000

And driving forward or in close quarters, Anguissa  ends up inevitably losing the ball...he has zero football intelligence, no pace, no goal scoring threat, no defensive awareness and at 27 million was overpriced by about 25 million based on his performances in a Fulham shirt.

Matt10

Quote from: @jolslover on December 15, 2018, 09:11:14 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2018, 09:09:55 PM

Yes in the level below mate. They have proven to be good in a league of worse quality than the Premier league. So by that logic Anguissa and Seri have proven they are good as well as they have performed in the French league right? The exact same logic applies.

I'm not arguing with the logic. You're arguing against an unproven theory. There's no winning for me here because I have no way to prove it, and no losing for you because those 3 players have actually played, but individually. It's out of context, but like the 1975 say, like a modern debate, it can just be taken out :) .

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: @jolslover on December 15, 2018, 09:05:45 PM

I agree with this.

I think, to his detriment, he thinks he's better at it than he actually is.    I think overconfidence is hindering his development.

Quote from: fulhamben on December 15, 2018, 09:15:39 PM

problem is, we don't look any better when he doesn't play
[/quote]

Mike dropped.   It's true.    The team doesn't look better overall.

I seriously think the panic spend by the front office hurt the team chemistry.   I'd have at least tried to get the existing players to raise their game, then if it didn't work...spend, spend, spend.

Hindsight 20/20 though.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 15, 2018, 09:12:54 PM
And driving forward or in close quarters, Anguissa  ends up inevitably losing the ball...he has zero football intelligence, no pace, no goal scoring threat, no defensive awareness and at 27 million was overpriced by about 25 million based on his performances in a Fulham shirt.

Did you not see the little give and go on the edge of the box before laying it through to Bryan ?? Which led to a corner

fulhamben

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 15, 2018, 09:12:54 PM
problem is, we don't look any better when he doesn't play
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.