Main Menu

Let’s not single out any individuals

Started by fulhamexmouth, December 15, 2018, 07:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: fulhamben on December 15, 2018, 07:46:51 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 15, 2018, 07:44:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 15, 2018, 07:36:30 PM
I'm gonna single them out. If I never see schurrle Seri and ream in a fulham shirt again then I'll be a happy man

Add the joke in your profile picture to that list. Absolute clown.
oh I see, I'm a clown for not wanting crap players to play for us again. So I presuming you are  QPR fan on the wum then.

Haha no I'm not calling you a clown! I mean Odoi!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Matt10

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 15, 2018, 07:59:34 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2018, 07:57:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 15, 2018, 07:54:41 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on December 15, 2018, 07:51:29 PM
I'm gonna single them out. If I never see schurrle Seri and ream in a fulham shirt again then I'll be a happy man

oh I see, I'm a clown for not wanting crap players to play for us again. So I presuming you are  QPR fan on the wum then.

You're blinkered to an atrocious defender costing us points every single week, both goals his fault
? Not blinkered at all. If we had a better right centre back or right back then I'd be all for dropping odoi. Unfortunately we don't at the moment. And that still doesn't negate that players like ream shouldn't be near the team, unless we have already resigned our self to relegation, and just want him to stick around for the championship next season

It's about who consistently switches off a match. The reality is, it's Odoi. Every single match he seems to have moments that switch off. In the championship, he can get away with it, in the prem, and with a system that is not built on our wingers tracking back to help, he's going to be exposed. That is exactly what has happened.

For Ream, this match, still trying to figure out where specifically he did anything wrong. I'd love some examples so I can look them up though.

What's your opinion on Seri?

And how did Odoi switch off in the first half?   He went for a tackle that he lost (he went for the tackle because the attacker had a step on him)...and he didn't defend a cross well enough.  He wasn't switched off.   He got beat, which is going to happen.

Seri plays too safe for me, and does it too slowly which he thinks seems to make him look calm under pressure. It bugs me because there is no sense of urgency. Such as his dummy attempt to Chambers in the first half.

Odoi jogged after he was beaten by Anderson. He not only slid in front of the player, but he also slid at a committing angle with no help behind him. He could have easily just tracked with Anderson, but chose to overcommit. He held onto the ball for way too long when he could have easily passed it or crossed it. Simple passes to feet, he couldn't execute. Notable was to Seri square in the first half, then square to Rico that went out of bounds, but not called.

I never doubt his trying. I have been okay with Odoi, but I would not be upset if he was benched - simply for the fact that we should be in a process of eliminating our players who have too many switched off moments. You could say that is the whole team, but consistently it's been Odoi for me.

Tezer

Cairney is a class act and he was a class act again today. For two and a half years he has been our most important player. Ranieri needs to recognise that.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2018, 08:10:19 PM

You're blinkered to an atrocious defender costing us points every single week, both goals his fault
? Not blinkered at all. If we had a better right centre back or right back then I'd be all for dropping odoi. Unfortunately we don't at the moment. And that still doesn't negate that players like ream shouldn't be near the team, unless we have already resigned our self to relegation, and just want him to stick around for the championship next season

It's about who consistently switches off a match. The reality is, it's Odoi. Every single match he seems to have moments that switch off. In the championship, he can get away with it, in the prem, and with a system that is not built on our wingers tracking back to help, he's going to be exposed. That is exactly what has happened.

For Ream, this match, still trying to figure out where specifically he did anything wrong. I'd love some examples so I can look them up though.

And how did Odoi switch off in the first half?   He went for a tackle that he lost (he went for the tackle because the attacker had a step on him)...and he didn't defend a cross well enough.  He wasn't switched off.   He got beat, which is going to happen.

Seri plays too safe for me, and does it too slowly which he thinks seems to make him look calm under pressure. It bugs me because there is no sense of urgency. Such as his dummy attempt to Chambers in the first half.

Odoi jogged after he was beaten by Anderson. He not only slid in front of the player, but he also slid at a committing angle with no help behind him. He could have easily just tracked with Anderson, but chose to overcommit. He held onto the ball for way too long when he could have easily passed it or crossed it. Simple passes to feet, he couldn't execute. Notable was to Seri square in the first half, then square to Rico that went out of bounds, but not called.

I never doubt his trying. I have been okay with Odoi, but I would not be upset if he was benched - simply for the fact that we should be in a process of eliminating our players who have too many switched off moments. You could say that is the whole team, but consistently it's been Odoi for me.

You say Seri slows things down, but posters on here moaned before as he found the corner flicks and quick flicks were to quick and needed to control, players are not on his level etc etc.

The guy cannot win, he will forever be a scapegoat goat whilst we are in this rut

fulhamben

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 15, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

You say Seri slows things down, but posters on here moaned before as he found the corner flicks and quick flicks were to quick and needed to control, players are not on his level etc etc.

The guy cannot win, he will forever be a scapegoat goat whilst we are in this rut
if he has a good game he might win. But we will probably never know
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamexmouth

Quote from: Tezer on December 15, 2018, 08:16:26 PM
Cairney is a class act and he was a class act again today. For two and a half years he has been our most important player. Ranieri needs to recognise that.

How anybody can say Cairney was a class act today is beyond me. I understand he can retain possession well at times but he's ridiculously one footed. People were always laughing at Scott Parker for his backwards turns and pirhouettes yet Cairney is far more often guilty of the same. This being said I'd like to make it clear I do like Tom and am grateful for all he's done the last couple of years, but today he was no better or worse than any of the others 10 players in white.

Matt10

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 15, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

I wasn't part of that crowd who had a problem flicks, etc. His brilliant assist to Schurrle early in the season is a testament to that.

From deep within the midfield though, he needs a bit more urgency. He plays very safe and fundamentally sound, you see, but that is too easy to defend. So it appears he's playing teammates into trouble even though he's simply just trying to keep the ball moving. His reading of the passing lanes is not as sharp deeper in the midfield, rather in a much more advanced role he's excelled. I honestly do not know what to do with him in Ranieri's system. I would stop having he and Chambers go wide defensively because it seems to be causing confusion as soon as the ball is switched.

The guy can't win because negativity soars faster than positivity. It's human nature. He's in the centre of the pitch where he can easily be exposed, and some bad bounces + lack of awareness are enough to hurt his chances of being accepted anytime soon. Today's match, he didn't do much wrong on the ball because what mistakes he did make (which were few) they were not exposed.

john dempsey

I would rather have 11 odois.
than 11 shurles.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: fulhamexmouth on December 15, 2018, 08:29:38 PM
Quote from: Tezer on December 15, 2018, 08:16:26 PM

How anybody can say Cairney was a class act today is beyond me. I understand he can retain possession well at times but he's ridiculously one footed. People were always laughing at Scott Parker for his backwards turns and pirhouettes yet Cairney is far more often guilty of the same. This being said I'd like to make it clear I do like Tom and am grateful for all he's done the last couple of years, but today he was no better or worse than any of the others 10 players in white.

Cairney was allegedly being linked with a couple of Prem teams last season but I think his 'stock' has dropped considerably over the last dozen or so games. It has been said on here several times that his captaincy skills are often lacking so I am not really sure where he goes from here. I had him down as one to watch during the transfer window as we have to keep an eye on the exit door as well but His performances of late makes a bid less likely. Chambers, looking at his cv, might decide he does'nt want a relegation on it and that would be, currently anyway, a bigger hole to fill than Cairney. Blimey that's grim reading. Mitrovic is apparently settled in London but again if he is looking at his cv a move would be a healthy option. Mitro to Palace anyone? No let's not single anybody out today but they play as individuals making it difficult not to.

filham

What positives can we take from that game. We looked good for the first 15 minutes and Chambers had another good game.
Maybe we will win against Huddersfield in a few weeks time but hard to see us taking any other points for a while.

Luka

I'm going to single players out.
We have the following that show they are PL quality :

Rico.
Mitro.
TC.
Sess.
Chambers.

You can't survive in the second most competitive league in the world with just five player at the required level.

Statto

Quote from: Luka on December 15, 2018, 10:10:21 PM

Rico.
Mitro.
TC.
Sess.
Chambers.

You can't survive in the second most competitive league in the world with just five player at the required level.

Interestingly though, that is almost a whole team except the back 4.
Personally I would add Seri and Schurrle, which does give you the whole team except the back 4.
Which is about right.
Today we looked exactly like a half-decent PL team with a Championship back 4

David I

For all my moaning we [fulham) were on top and West Ham's goals were against the run of play.. however, missed opportunity after missed opportunity scuppered our chances. 

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on December 15, 2018, 10:32:48 PM
Quote from: Luka on December 15, 2018, 10:10:21 PM

Rico.
Mitro.
TC.
Sess.
Chambers.

Interestingly though, that is almost a whole team except the back 4.
Personally I would add Seri and Schurrle, which does give you the whole team except the back 4.
Which is about right.
Today we looked exactly like a half-decent PL team with a Championship back 4

100% agree with that. Get the back 4 in order. You would think Ranieri would have learned something about that back 4 against Man United.

RaySmith

We're blaming individuals  and highlighting their errors, but it's a team game, and we aren't functioning as an organised team, where  everyone knows their role and what the players around them are doing.

Odoi  missed a tackle for the goal - slid in, but , one , it wasn't so easy to deal with that situation as it might seem, especially on the wet surface, and, two, he was isolated - the  attacker shouldn't have had a clear run on goal like that, should have been picked up in midfield, he had no cover either.

Both goals were classic counter attacks, with us being caught out  after nearly scoring. Our confidence was up, we really looked like scoring, but, again, were naïve in failing to  keep defensive cover. I bet CR  was throwing a fit.

As for Seri - he definitely gave his all, and I thought  he did quite well yesterday,but seems slow paced for the Prem - mentally, as well as physically, but it's obviously hard for him in a  struggling team like Fulham, where confidence is low, and he doesn't look confident, or sure of his role.

But we looked really good in athat first quarter of the game , when we should have scored, but  the goals seemed to knock the stuffing out of us - and we need to try and stop that, keep our heads up. West ham wee thee for the taking, and there wasn't such difference between the teams, except our terrible  defending but we shouldn't just blame our defenders - defending should start from the front, and we need   midfield, if not attacking, players, who can  run, cover, put in a tackle - and sweat blood for the cause.

We do have the wherewithal to get out of this, but  at the moment  we're not getting any breaks at all. A couple of wins, or even one, would probably work wonders for  much needed confidence.

the nutflush

No singling out anyone... but Schurrle's lack of inclination to get back and defend stood out like dogs balls.  As much to blame as anyone for the second goal.

Neil D

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 15, 2018, 07:37:42 PM

Cairney was one of our best players today. Far better than Odoi, Seri, Schurrle amongst others

With you on that. 

hovewhite

We will need odoi and the rest of last seasons squad when we are back in the EFL next season.

the nutflush

Would you be up for another promotion fight if you were Kmac or Johanssen after sitting on the bench all season?

e4b

Quote from: RaySmith on December 16, 2018, 04:27:39 AM
We're blaming individuals  and highlighting their errors, but it's a team game, and we aren't functioning as an organised team, where  everyone knows their role and what the players around them are doing.

Odoi  missed a tackle for the goal - slid in, but , one , it wasn't so easy to deal with that situation as it might seem, especially on the wet surface, and, two, he was isolated - the  attacker shouldn't have had a clear run on goal like that, should have been picked up in midfield, he had no cover either.

Both goals were classic counter attacks, with us being caught out  after nearly scoring. Our confidence was up, we really looked like scoring, but, again, were naïve in failing to  keep defensive cover. I bet CR  was throwing a fit.

As for Seri - he definitely gave his all, and I thought  he did quite well yesterday,but seems slow paced for the Prem - mentally, as well as physically, but it's obviously hard for him in a  struggling team like Fulham, where confidence is low, and he doesn't look confident, or sure of his role.

But we looked really good in athat first quarter of the game , when we should have scored, but  the goals seemed to knock the stuffing out of us - and we need to try and stop that, keep our heads up. West ham wee thee for the taking, and there wasn't such difference between the teams, except our terrible  defending but we shouldn't just blame our defenders - defending should start from the front, and we need   midfield, if not attacking, players, who can  run, cover, put in a tackle - and sweat blood for the cause.

We do have the wherewithal to get out of this, but  at the moment  we're not getting any breaks at all. A couple of wins, or even one, would probably work wonders for  much needed confidence.
Agree with a lot of this post .We are not functioning as a team.Why is this?Managers fault? Transfer policy? No doubt we bought some good players in the summer but have they fitted in together?If two good managers can not get them to work as a unit then something is wrong with the system.No matter how skillful and talented a player is you will only get the best out of them if they have the right players around them.Mitro cant score goals if you dont give him the ball.Rico wont keep a clean sheet if the players in front of him dont do their jobs.