watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let’s not single out any individuals

Started by fulhamexmouth, December 15, 2018, 07:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

For sixteen minutes we looked a reasonable proposition but then, the first time our defence is stretched, we concede.  The story of a season no matter the manager or the team, a team now described by pundits as 'unsuited for PL football'.  What have you got to say for yourself Mr Tony Khan?

SuffolkWhite

I thought we started well and both their goals were against the run of play, but as has been mentioned right across this forum we are getting caught out in defence.

If we had put our chances away we could have been two up but we didn't and they did, and that is the story of our season. Defending is a collective team problem and our manager has a lot of work to do.

I don't normally leave games early and hung on until the 85th minute but I could not see us getting a goal and just had that sinking feeling that relegation was more certain by the end of the season, and that's the first time I have felt that!

I will turn up for the rest of the season in the cold and wet and make my way home to Suffolk with the hope that at some point it all clicks and we can win a game.

As for apportioning blame I cant be bothered as its too painful watching at the moment without getting more negative, but each to their own that's what a forum is for.

It is going to be a great escape season if we are to stay up.

Anyway  :merry christmas:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2018, 08:10:19 PM
Seri plays too safe for me, and does it too slowly which he thinks seems to make him look calm under pressure. It bugs me because there is no sense of urgency. Such as his dummy attempt to Chambers in the first half.

Odoi jogged after he was beaten by Anderson. He not only slid in front of the player, but he also slid at a committing angle with no help behind him. He could have easily just tracked with Anderson, but chose to overcommit. He held onto the ball for way too long when he could have easily passed it or crossed it. Simple passes to feet, he couldn't execute. Notable was to Seri square in the first half, then square to Rico that went out of bounds, but not called.

I never doubt his trying. I have been okay with Odoi, but I would not be upset if he was benched - simply for the fact that we should be in a process of eliminating our players who have too many switched off moments. You could say that is the whole team, but consistently it's been Odoi for me.
I agree with the comments about Seri, who appears to me to have a reaction time of seconds rather than milli-seconds.  He seems to pause and take in the experience before continuing with the game.  Odoi has been placed on what has been our weakest flank all season in defence, midfield and attack because it is always vulnerable to counter.  It is earmarked by opponents as the way to spring counters and the ball was placed there so often by WHU straight out of defence.  The fault is not so much Odoi as players not covering the space we leave.  Ream was once the master of covering those spaces but not so this season.  I'd certainly have a right back and right midfield on the books for January, plus a right side central defender.

grandad

Quote from: fulhamben on December 15, 2018, 07:36:30 PM
I'm gonna single them out. If I never see schurrle Seri and ream in a fulham shirt again then I'll be a happy man

I don´t often agree with you but I do on this issue. We are stuck with Schurrle for this season & the next. Seri doesn´t want to be here & his body language shows it. Sadly Ream is out of his depth. I would also add Anguissa to the list.
Where there's a will there's a wife