watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

9 points isn't a true reflection

Started by davew, December 16, 2018, 01:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

it is an exaggerated total! Looking back, hard to look forward, I have always thought although we played well against Burnley we were fortunate that Burnley had played a Europa match a few days before and looked jaded. Watching Burnley's performance yesterday I don't think there is any way we would beat them now. The Southampton result was also a somewhat fortunate win for us and just to be more negative I also think we are flattered by the goals conceded total to date, it should be far worse. Thankfully in recent weeks it seems that teams are not interested in trying to beat us by a cricket score, just get 2 or 3 in front and sit back and relax and save themselves for their next fixture.  I keep reading about improvements, I am not convinced, the league table doesn't lie!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

No, I definitely think we  deserve  to have more points, and could have with a bit of the rub of the green - should have got three at home to Leicester- terrible defending again, at least a point at Liverpool - undone by  refereeing  and yesterday - if only one of those early chances had gone in I feel we would have won - we were equal to West Ham, apart from, crucial I know, defensive  errors.

OK a lot of 'ifs', but no more than you, with your post.

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on December 16, 2018, 01:04:17 PM
it is an exaggerated total! Looking back, hard to look forward, I have always thought although we played well against Burnley we were fortunate that Burnley had played a Europa match a few days before and looked jaded. Watching Burnley's performance yesterday I don't think there is any way we would beat them now. The Southampton result was also a somewhat fortunate win for us and just to be more negative I also think we are flattered by the goals conceded total to date, it should be far worse. Thankfully in recent weeks it seems that teams are not interested in trying to beat us by a cricket score, just get 2 or 3 in front and sit back and relax and save themselves for their next fixture.  I keep reading about improvements, I am not convinced, the league table doesn't lie!!

This is just ridiculous. You can easily say this about any result one way or another. I believe we have been far more unfortunate than fortunate this season. I know you love to moan and berate the team, but this takes the cake.

davew

Quote from: RaySmith on December 16, 2018, 01:16:57 PM
OK a lot of 'ifs', but no more than you, with your post.

I can't disagree with that part of your comment.

Woolly Mammoth

I think sometimes when a club is down the bottom, luck, the rub of the green and referees decisions do seem to go against.
That is why the players must fight for everything, and never throw in the towel, because fortune can change if you can make your own luck.
It's down to the players with the guidance of the manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 16, 2018, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: davew on December 16, 2018, 01:04:17 PM

This is just ridiculous. You can easily say this about any result one way or another. I believe we have been far more unfortunate than fortunate this season. I know you love to moan and berate the team, but this takes the cake.
Hard not to moan this season as unfortunate or fortunate it may seem!

Ara's bacon crisps

Yes, I'd thought we aren't having the rub of the green recently, particularly with some of the worldies being scored against us at the moment. On another day those from Snodgrass, Armstrong and Young (to pick just three) could have landed in Row Z. However, if you let in 42 so quickly, then some are bound to be very good goals.

But you're dead right - the way to change this is to work hard and make your own luck. Hard work imho comes from good leadership on the pitch and I can't see any leaders out there at the moment, which is why KMac would be my first name on the team sheet every week, acknowledging that his lack of pace at this level would be more than compensated for by his leadership, organisation and will to win.

davew

Plan Z could be the one, bring back K Mac as captain, why not, TC is certainly not a leader!

Stevieboy

I've never seen hindsight so negative!!

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif. ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
                                  :merry christmas:

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: davew on December 16, 2018, 02:18:40 PM
Plan Z could be the one, bring back K Mac as captain, why not, TC is certainly not a leader!
Haha - yes, I've lost count of all the plans we've already tried this season, but think we may have used up plans A-Y, so perhaps plan Z is now at the top of the pile!