watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Highlights

Started by ex-Pat, December 23, 2018, 01:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I will nominate a waste of space, now injured apparently after his time off which was unfortunate, hope he gets well soon!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MikeW

Dave W: re point three in your response.  Woolly is spot on.  Players will not come to a club they see as relegation fodder;  We are.
Therefore, however much you splash out, the loanees will view it it as a payday bonanza and then bugger off when they fail and anyone you persuade to sign will be over the hill or no better than what we have.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

davew

Quote from: MikeW on December 23, 2018, 08:50:34 PM
Dave W: re point three in your response.  Woolly is spot on.  Players will not come to a club they see as relegation fodder;  We are.
Therefore, however much you splash out, the loanees will view it it as a payday bonanza and then bugger off when they fail and anyone you persuade to sign will be over the hill or no better than what we have.
Exactly, perhaps I didn't use the right words, we don't need any more loanees or people I have never heard of from a foreign country without previous experience in the PL and signed for ridiculous fees, we have tried that so many times and where are we at the moment, oh yes still bottom!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 23, 2018, 08:41:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2018, 07:52:31 PM
Quote from: davew on December 23, 2018, 06:43:31 PM
Seri made quite a few passes of more than a few yards, not sure what percentage were to the opposition though! I can't slag him off as much as Fonte, but he and Cairney are not ball winners and if we are fortunate enough to avoid relegation (which is possible providing the other 3 teams i.e. Cardiff, Burnley and Huddersfield don't improve), we will need to bring in better players next Summer and how much will that cost?

Dave, It will cost what it takes to bring in the right players who have the right qualities and the right character and can communicate, and settle ASAP.
That takes research which you generally do not find on a Stats spread sheet.
Three issues have to be accomplished before we can launch a team of English Premier League Standard with the presence of mind to know what to expect from them.
1st Acomplishment is to stay up in the Division we currently are in. The mission into the January Transfer Window may have an important bearing on this.
2nd Acomplishment is to indentify the players that is felt can strengthen the first 11, and I hope Claudio Ranieri will have a major input in this issue, and not keep relying on too many loan players, as we end up chasing our tail.
3rd Acomplishment is to attract these players who it is felt are the players we need, and to show them that Fulham are a club that are worth playing for.
That is the challenge, and I would like to think our current Manager Claudio Ranieri is the man to stear Fulham in the right direction, if he is allowed to do his job without any interference that Slavisa was clearly burdened with.

The guys involved in the transfer selections probably can't even understand spread sheets, something I am particularly good at (including setting them up), I wouldn't have got to where I did as an accountant if I wasn't an expert on spread sheets!

Your 1st point, if we don't venture into the transfer market then in a word (or more) that you are familiar with, we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  to relegation!

Your 2nd point and I hope you don't me asking what you have been drinking today (lol...and only joking), I hope we don't have to indentify the players first as that sounds painful and who would understand how to do that apart from you, an identification parade would be better! Agree about CR's role in choosing/approving any potential signings!

Your 3rd point, attracting the right sort of new players may prove too difficult, we don't need to prove we are a club worthy for them to play for, they should be honoured that they are considered good enough for us to select them.

Hope you have a good Christmas as I do all FFC supporters!!

Merry Christmas to you also Dave,
Two things I would like to say.
Your first paragraph, about spread sheets.
I have just spread a sheet on my bed.
The second paragraph says "" making repetitive replies that aren't funny "" What did you actually say to prevent you from saying what you wanted to say, but couldn't ""
Also to answer your question, what have I been drinking.
I have been drinking to swimming with bow legged women, which is Southern Comfort. 🆘🥃
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Cheers Woolly, have a good festive break and I hope you bought a litre bottle. Roll on Boxing Day, though I am not able to go to the Cottage these days it has been a bonus though not always a pleasure to watch all of Fulham's games this season by 1 way or another through the internet or links via a firestick and in the background listen to our famous Gentleman Jim, we didn't have any of this in the old days. I was made to watch the matches in the Directors Box and if I spoke, Grandad used to tell me to be quiet! All the best and now back to the Gordon's and yes it is a litre bottle (lol)!

ffcne

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 23, 2018, 06:35:52 PM
Quote from: ffcne on December 23, 2018, 05:48:37 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on December 23, 2018, 05:35:30 PM
Quote from: ffcne on December 23, 2018, 05:20:15 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on December 23, 2018, 04:36:33 PM
Enjoyed hearing our fans, enjoyed our very good defending, Ream's amazing tackle, the geordies boos, gj's commentary,  Seri's passing, mawson bravery, Mitro's passion, kamara's speed and Rico's punching.

Thanks for sharing

Wow passing a ball a couple of yards 
Well done Seri 

Why would you come on a fulham forum on a sunday eve near Xmas and bother to type a snidey little comment like that.

What would be happening in your life to bother doing that? Not much, I imagine

Calm down. I'm sorry for ruining your Christmas .If you dont like people having a different opinion 
I suggest you hang your stocking up and wait for Santa.
Were you there ?

I was a bit harsh. Apologies

No worries .Have a good one .

HillingdonFFC

Depends which highlights you watched. Saw entended ones & we looked ok, last 10 all Fulham & could've scored a couple with a bit more luck (& quality)