Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Rico
Odoi - Mawson - Ream
Christie - Chambers - Seri - Sessegnon
Cairney - Mitrovic - Kamara

Bench: Bettinelli, Le Marchand, Bryan, McDonald, Johansen, Schurrle & Ayite

Mullers OG

Sane team for me as at Newcastle unless Sess fit in which case he comes in for Bryan.

On bench Betts, Bryan, Le M (if fit otherwise Cisse), McD, SJ, Ayite, Kamara

Ayite on for Schurrle after 60 mins

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on December 23, 2018, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: filham on December 23, 2018, 10:50:54 AM
That was the most defensive line up and performance I have ever seen from a Fulham team, it was called for yesterday and was a tactical success for Ranieri . The point won was critical and kept Newcastle in the relegation zone.

However  more of the same is not going to get us the wins we now need to avoid relegation, we fielded five across the back yesterday plus Chambers, a centre back, in midfield. It will be interesting to see if Ranieri changes tactics for the next two games which are at home.
wolves are far better than Newcastle, plus with our mini goal drought, I think it would be suicidal to abandon a defensive line up. It just needs a little tweaking imo. Like I said above, swap out Bryan for sessegnion and swap out schurrle for ak. Those two changes would make us far superior in attack and more solid at the back. It's a no brainer imo.
Quote from: fulhamben on December 23, 2018, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: filham on December 23, 2018, 10:50:54 AM
That was the most defensive line up and performance I have ever seen from a Fulham team, it was called for yesterday and was a tactical success for Ranieri . The point won was critical and kept Newcastle in the relegation zone.

However  more of the same is not going to get us the wins we now need to avoid relegation, we fielded five across the back yesterday plus Chambers, a centre back, in midfield. It will be interesting to see if Ranieri changes tactics for the next two games which are at home.
wolves are far better than Newcastle, plus with our mini goal drought, I think it would be suicidal to abandon a defensive line up. It just needs a little tweaking imo. Like I said above, swap out Bryan for sessegnion and swap out schurrle for ak. Those two changes would make us far superior in attack and more solid at the back. It's a no brainer imo.

Yes Fulham Ben, I agree with you Sess. and Ben should help to give spark in attack and it has to be of prime importance to stay solid at the back,

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 23, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
After a clean sheet, finally, it looks as if Ranieri has come up with a formation and system that works so I'm going with more of the same. Seri had a good game, perhaps the extra cover helped? The only change I've made from the starting 11 is AK47 for Schurrle, I'm assuming that Ryan will not be fit

Rico

Odoi          Mawson          Ream

Christie          Chambers          Seri          Bryan

Cairney          AK47

Mitro

Subs: Betts, MLM, KMac, Ayite, Vietto, Schurrle

I'd only make one change to this lineup.

If Sess is healthy... I start him over AK47.     I then have AK47 come off the bench at minute 60 to replace Cairney or Seri.

Other than that, other than dropping Schurrle I wouldn't change the lineup this week.

Seri is growing on me.   I'm assuming they are beating defensive positioning and duties into him...and i like some of his longer passes.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on December 23, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 23, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
After a clean sheet, finally, it looks as if Ranieri has come up with a formation and system that works so I'm going with more of the same. Seri had a good game, perhaps the extra cover helped? The only change I've made from the starting 11 is AK47 for Schurrle, I'm assuming that Ryan will not be fit

Rico

Cairney          AK47

Mitro

I agree, but Sessegnon will hopefully be fit, so him for Schurrle, and Kamara as an impact sub.
no, ak for schurrle and sess for Bryan.boom that's a title winning team right there

I don't get this.    The offense is much better when Ryan is on the wing than when he's defending, and both MLM and Bryan can defend fine.

I want AK on the field too, but Ryan is more likely to finish his chances.    Plus, Ryan can be productive for a full 90 minutes...and play alongside both Mitro and AK47 late into games.

MrD1879

We have probably the striker with the biggest aerial threat in the league yet insist on playing inverted wingers. Get sess on the left and get some balls in the box.
Also love Cairney but he can't play in the new position isn't a threat going forward it's either him or Seri

Rico
       Odoi Mawson Ream
Christie                      Bryan
          Chambers Seri
Kebano                      Sess
             Mitro

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MrD1879 on December 23, 2018, 08:03:18 PM
We have probably the striker with the biggest aerial threat in the league yet insist on playing inverted wingers. Get sess on the left and get some balls in the box.
Also love Cairney but he can't play in the new position isn't a threat going forward it's either him or Seri

Rico
       Odoi Mawson Ream
          Chambers Seri
             Mitro

Rico
       Odoi Mawson Ream
          Chambers Seri
             Mitro

Quite like your line up, it makes sense, I just would personally prefer Tom Cairney to Seri, and Kamara may feel disappointed not to have a starting place, but I understand your reasons for this line up, and it could work.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

Rico
       Odoi Mawson Ream
          Chambers Seri
             Mitro

Rico
       Odoi Mawson Ream
          Chambers Seri
             Mitro

Quite like your line up, it makes sense, I just would personally prefer Tom Cairney to Seri, and Kamara may feel disappointed not to have a starting place, but I understand your reasons for this line up, and it could work.

Yes, start with Seri or Cairney and them they have 46-60 monies to leave everything on the pitch, then swap.

Milo

Quote from: fulhamben on December 23, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 23, 2018, 08:51:48 AM

Rico

Cairney          AK47

Mitro

I agree, but Sessegnon will hopefully be fit, so him for Schurrle, and Kamara as an impact sub.
no, ak for schurrle and sess for Bryan.boom that's a title winning team right there

:plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

Cannot see any justification for selecting Schurrie, he made no impact whatsoever, did not look genuinely interested. I hate to say it, but he is a liability in a relegation fight. Especially as we have alternatives.
AK 47 did far more when he case on than Schurrie did in the whole of time he was on, it must feel like playing with ten men when the lazy Schurrie is on the field of play.

Never forget your Roots.

MrFFC

Be mad to change formation Wolves are dangerous on the break we need men behind the ball we will create chances at home for sure

For me

Rico
              Odoi Mawson Ream
Christie                            Bryan
                 Seri Chambers
             Cairney     Kamara
                     Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli Le Marchand Johansen McDonald Schurrle Kebano Sessegnon (if injured then Vietto)
Come on you Whites!! :)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MrFFC on December 24, 2018, 12:09:55 PM
Be mad to change formation Wolves are dangerous on the break we need men behind the ball we will create chances at home for sure

For me

Rico
              Odoi Mawson Ream
Christie                            Bryan
                 Seri Chambers
             Cairney     Kamara
                     Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli Le Marchand Johansen McDonald Schurrle Kebano Sessegnon (if injured then Vietto)

I also agree with that lineup.

Never forget your Roots.

Brawn

GK 25 S Rico

RB 22 C Christie
RCB 4 D Odoi
CB 26 A Mawson
LCB 13 T Ream
LB 23 J Bryan

RCM 5 C Chambers
LCM 24 J Seri