watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team against Wolves - Wednesday 26/12/18

Started by WhiteJC, December 23, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

After a clean sheet, finally, it looks as if Ranieri has come up with a formation and system that works so I'm going with more of the same. Seri had a good game, perhaps the extra cover helped? The only change I've made from the starting 11 is AK47 for Schurrle, I'm assuming that Ryan will not be fit

Rico

Odoi          Mawson          Ream

Christie          Chambers          Seri          Bryan

Cairney          AK47

Mitro

Subs: Betts, MLM, KMac, Ayite, Vietto, Schurrle

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 23, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
After a clean sheet, finally, it looks as if Ranieri has come up with a formation and system that works so I'm going with more of the same. Seri had a good game, perhaps the extra cover helped? The only change I've made from the starting 11 is AK47 for Schurrle, I'm assuming that Ryan will not be fit

Rico

Cairney          AK47

Mitro

I agree, but Sessegnon will hopefully be fit, so him for Schurrle, and Kamara as an impact sub.

fulhamben

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 23, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on December 23, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

Rico

Cairney          AK47

Mitro

I agree, but Sessegnon will hopefully be fit, so him for Schurrle, and Kamara as an impact sub.
no, ak for schurrle and sess for Bryan.boom that's a title winning team right there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobby01

I agree, I don't think there is much between mlm and ream. I would take Vietto off the bench and put kebano there for some pace in the closing stages.
I think and always have with the summer recruiting that the summer buys were or a 3-5-2 system,but Slav never really had a chance to start with it due to injuries.
Also playing Wednesday.😝

:merry christmas: to everyone
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Neil D

We would do better to field a team against Wolves on Wednesday rather than Saturday.  Also, AK for Schurrle certainly.

WhiteJC

Quote from: bobby01 on December 23, 2018, 09:04:55 AM

Also playing Wednesday.😝

well spotted, just shows I'm not really awake yet  :dft011:

Neil D

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 23, 2018, 09:12:26 AM

well spotted, just shows I'm not really awake yet  :dft011:
With 53k plus posts your keyboard probably doesn't know what day of the week it is either!

Hoppus

Kamara got a lot of energy, but he is a walking red card.

filham

That was the most defensive line up and performance I have ever seen from a Fulham team, it was called for yesterday and was a tactical success for Ranieri . The point won was critical and kept Newcastle in the relegation zone.

However  more of the same is not going to get us the wins we now need to avoid relegation, we fielded five across the back yesterday plus Chambers, a centre back, in midfield. It will be interesting to see if Ranieri changes tactics for the next two games which are at home.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on December 23, 2018, 10:50:54 AM
That was the most defensive line up and performance I have ever seen from a Fulham team, it was called for yesterday and was a tactical success for Ranieri . The point won was critical and kept Newcastle in the relegation zone.

However  more of the same is not going to get us the wins we now need to avoid relegation, we fielded five across the back yesterday plus Chambers, a centre back, in midfield. It will be interesting to see if Ranieri changes tactics for the next two games which are at home.
wolves are far better than Newcastle, plus with our mini goal drought, I think it would be suicidal to abandon a defensive line up. It just needs a little tweaking imo. Like I said above, swap out Bryan for sessegnion and swap out schurrle for ak. Those two changes would make us far superior in attack and more solid at the back. It's a no brainer imo.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

If we wish to give ourselves the best chance to achieve another clean sheet, keep the same formation with the exception of Schurrie. We still created chances. A clean sheet means we only need to score once.
Being at home makes hardly any difference, we are not good enough to throw caution to the wind.
Stability and consistency is paramount, injuries permitting, although the one exception, the lazy Schurrie needs a dam good thrashing to shake him out of his apathy. He let his team mates down again yesterday, until he went off, Fulham were playing one man shy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Same team from Newcastle game but with Sess in for Bryan
STH H3

hovewhite

Quote from: fulhamben on December 23, 2018, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: filham on December 23, 2018, 10:50:54 AM

wolves are far better than Newcastle, plus with our mini goal drought, I think it would be suicidal to abandon a defensive line up. It just needs a little tweaking imo. Like I said above, swap out Bryan for sessegnion and swap out schurrle for ak. Those two changes would make us far superior in attack and more solid at the back. It's a no brainer imo.
tend to agree as must be a back 5 every game now.

DevonFFC

Whilst our defence is not capable of keeping a clean sheet playing A flat back 4 I think we should stick to what worked against Newcastle. If and when we buy some players who hopefully will sure up the defence then we can look to attack again.

Wolves are a very attack minded team and if we try to go toe to toe I feel we will concede easily and be left with nothing but a deflated team  and the same old posters moaning about Tony Khan, Seri and the sacking of Slav

Wingnut

Don't mind seeing a few changes further up the field, i.e. Sess if fit, AK for Schurrle, Ayite for TC even but please don't change the defence.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Statto

Quote from: @jolslover on December 23, 2018, 11:19:39 AM
Same team from Newcastle game but with Sess in for Bryan

+1

Kamara on for Schurrle after 60 min

@jolslover

STH H3

Robbie

My worry is we now seem to have no goals.
Mitro, Shirley and AK are mis firing.
I know we all love AK's power and pace but he has NO composure in front of goal.
Mitro - not convinced at the moment ... looks fat.

Shirley ... Fonte / Ruiz like ... luxury.

Moltobueno

wouldn't mind the same formation but I really doubt Ranieri will play it again... if he does, I agree with the comments Sess to replace Bryan (hopefully he's fit) - I must admit I'm a fan of Bryan but so far he has made a lot of silly errors...

If the formation is about to change, I'm still waiting to see a 4-1-4-1 where Cairney and Seri can help Mitro in attack together and Chambers controlling the midfield.

Slaphead in Qatar

The lads looked whacked at the end yesterday - they are not used to giving 90 minutes effort.

It's a busy schedule at this time - the tinkerman may tinker.