more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (26/12/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 26, 2018, 08:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Wolves Tickets

Join us for Boxing Day action when Fulham take on Wolverhampton Wanderers at Craven Cottage.

The Whites go into the match on the back of Saturday's away draw at St. James' Park, which saw Claudio Ranieri's side pick up their first clean sheet of the season.

Continue the festivities and bring your support to SW6 on Wednesday with tickets for the match on sale now.

Fans can secure their seat now online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Details of the Club's Ticket Office and Stadium Store opening hours across the festive period can be found here.

COYW!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/december/24/wolves-tickets

WhiteJC

Fulham to renew interest in Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida?

Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida has reportedly emerged as a January transfer target for Fulham.

Vida helped Croatia reach the World Cup final during the summer and although the 29-year-old was heavily linked with a switch to the Premier League, the versatile player remained in Turkey.

However, Besiktas are off the pace in the top flight this season and according to Fotomac, Fulham are considering an approach for Vida at the midway point of the campaign.

Fulham kept their first clean sheet of the season at Newcastle United on Saturday, but Claudio Ranieri remains desperate for defensive additions with the West Londoners four points adrift of safety.

Vida still has just over three-and-a-half years remaining on his contract, but that is unlikely to stop Fulham and other English clubs from registering an interest in the coming weeks.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/fulham-to-renew-interest-in-vida_345070.html

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Wolves preview: Claudio Ranieri's side look to move off bottom
Watch live on Sky Sports Premier League on Boxing Day from 12pm

Fulham will be looking to end a five-match winless run and move off the bottom of the Premier League when they host Wolves on Boxing Day, live on Sky Sports.

The Cottagers have not tasted victory since Claudio Ranieri's first game in charge, a 3-2 win over Southampton on November 24.

They did manage to keep their first clean sheet of the season in a 0-0 draw with Newcastle on Saturday, and Ranieri hopes they can build on that.

"The atmosphere is always positive and today it is more positive," he said.

"Now our minds are on Wolverhampton. [Nuno] Espirito Santo is doing a good job, I watch their match against Liverpool. Wolverhampton played a fantastically. They create two or three great chances in the first half and Liverpool at the end won the match. It will be another tough match for us."

Wolves saw their three-match winning run ended with a 2-0 home defeat to Premier League leaders Liverpool on Friday.

Team news

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri has no fresh injury problems.

Winger Ryan Sessegnon missed Saturday's goalless Premier League draw at Newcastle with a groin strain and could return as the Londoners attempt to build upon a first Premier League clean sheet of the season on Tyneside.

There was no place either for midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa as he recovers from a knock, but Ranieri reported an otherwise clean bill of health after the 90 minutes at St James' Park.

Diogo Jota is likely to miss Wolves' trip to Fulham as he continues to battle a hamstring injury.

Boss Nuno Espirito Santo confirmed the forward remains a doubt having missed Friday's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool.

Conor Coady and Ryan Bennett are one caution away from a suspension ahead of the yellow card amnesty.

Opta stats

Fulham have won just one of their last 10 games against Wolves in all competitions (D3 L6), however that did come in the most recent meeting (2-0 in February).
    Wolves have won six of their last eight league games against Fulham (D1 L1), scoring three or more goals on five occasions.
    This will be the first Premier League meeting between Fulham and Wolves since March 2012, when the London side won 5-0 at Craven Cottage under Martin Jol.
    Wolves have never previously won away at Craven Cottage in the Premier League (P4 D2 L2), losing on each of their last two trips.
    Wolves have lost all three of their Premier League games played on Boxing Day, the most games played on the day without earning a single point in the competition.
    This will be Wolves' 100th league game played on Boxing Day, making them just the second side to play as many on the date (after West Bromwich Albion).

Merson's prediction

I watched Fulham on Saturday and they looked quite solid and you would never have guessed they have let in a million goals already this season. They defended really well, while Wolves got well beat by Liverpool, so I am going to go for a must-win Fulham victory. I just think that they have got to win this game, so they will have a lot more intensity than Wolves.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-wolves/preview/390940

WhiteJC

Neves fully focused on Fulham

Ruben Neves knows Wolves will prepare for the Boxing Day visit to Fulham in the same way as every other match – despite the opposition sitting bottom of the Premier League.

Wolves head to west London on Wednesday off the back of their first defeat in four matches against league leader Liverpool, who Neves believes are the best team his side have played this season.

The midfielder is expecting a short Christmas Day with his young family as attention is fully focused on Fulham.

On Liverpool performance
"It was a tough game, but we knew that is was going to be like that. I think we gave everything, but it's football, Liverpool is a very good team and are doing an unbelievable in the league.

"They're one of the best teams, of course we have a lot of good teams in the Premier League, but at the moment they are the team, for me, that are playing better.

"I think we gave a very good game, unfortunately we lost, but we have to look forwards to what we're going to have, what we're going to find."

On recent form
"That's what we want every time. We want to play well and win games. I think we are in a good way, but we have a long way to go so let's focus on the next game."

On preparing for Fulham
"It is the same for us. We don't think about the table, we think about the game, we think about what we have to do, and Fulham, we know already, is a very good team and it is a tough stadium to play, and we have to focus on that.

"We have to think about our game, the way we're going to play there, and try to get the win."

On family time at Christmas
"We have time to enjoy Christmas with our family, on this special date, but we have our work on the 26th, so we have to be fast and prepare well for the game."

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20181224-neves-fully-focused-on-fulham/

WhiteJC

Cyrus Christie admits Fulham need to improve their finishing

The Cottagers have only scored 16 goals in 18 games.

Cyrus Christie is convinced Fulham can pull off a Premier League escape if they can find a killer touch in front of goal.

The Cottagers kept their first clean sheet of the league campaign in Saturday's 0-0 draw at Newcastle, a drab affair during which the home side failed to trouble goalkeeper Sergio Rico once.

They might have emerged with a rare victory had either former Magpie Aleksandar Mitrovic or substitute Aboubakar Kamara managed to make the most of late opportunities at St James' Park.

And Christie knows that is where they have to improve as they prepare for home clashes with Wolves and Huddersfield.

Christie said: "They are two big games. We are getting better as the games go by. We're defending well, but we just need to score a few more goals now and keep the clean sheets and I'm sure we'll be fine."

Fulham left the north east with plenty of positives after manager Claudio Ranieri opted for the first time to field a three-man defence, but wondering what might have been.

Christie said: "It was a hard-fought draw. We had chances at the end there, but when your luck is out, that's what happens.

"We defended well, it's a clean sheet and it's a point on the board. If we had won, the table would look a bit better, but we have got two home games coming up now and we need to make the most of them."

The draw took the club's points tally into double figures – they now have 10 from their 18 games – but they remain at the foot of the table, if only by virtue of goal difference behind Huddersfield and Burnley, who are two points better off.

In the circumstances, the Terriers' visit to Craven Cottage on Saturday could prove hugely significant, although it is Wolves, who lost 2-0 at home to leaders Liverpool on Friday evening, who are the initial focus on Boxing Day.

Fulham have won only once in their last 15 league games and a change in fortunes against one of the sides with which they came up from the Sky Bet Championship at the end of last season would provide a major boost.

However, Ranieri said: "[Manager Nuno] Espirito Santo is doing a very good job – I watched the match against Liverpool and Wolverhampton played fantastically.

"They created two or three great chances in the first half and Liverpool at the end won the match. It will be another tough match for us."

http://sport.bt.com/news/cyrus-christie-admits-fulham-need-to-improve-their-finishing-S11364319853496

WhiteJC

Report: Crystal Palace and Fulham hit a problem in Victor Moses move

Chelsea outcast Victor Moses has been linked with a number of Premier League sides ahead of the January window, including former club Crystal Palace.

Crystal Palace appeared to be well placed to bring Victor Moses back to Selhurst Park ahead of the January transfer window.

Despite interest from Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United and Fulham, the Standard reported on Friday that Palace were confident of striking a deal for the Nigerian international next month.

Moses started his professional career with the Eagles, making 69 appearances for the club before he left for Wigan Athletic in 2010.

But, according to the Sun (23 December, page 61), the 28-year-old's homecoming is now under threat. It is understood that Moses's move back to Crystal Palace has now hit a snag due to the size of his wages.

The former Liverpool and Stoke City loanee is earning £130,000 a week at Chelsea and it seems that Palace, as well as Fulham, could be scared off from striking a deal – unless Maurizio Sarri's side are willing to let him leave on loan and contribute a decent portion of his earnings.

It certainly makes sense for Moses to leave Stamford Bridge, given that he has played just 26 minutes of Premier League football since Sarri took over from Antonio Conte.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/24/do-report-crystal-palace-and-fulham-hit-a-problem-in-victor-mose/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Wolves | 5 things to know

Wolves have a quick chance to get back to winning ways on Boxing Day when they take on bottom club Fulham. Here are five things to look out for at Craven Cottage.

1. FORM IN THE CAPITAL

Wolves have enjoyed their time in the capital this season, remaining unbeaten in three trips to the London. Two of Wolves' three victories on the road have been achieved in London and they'll look for the hat-trick on Boxing Day. The first three-point haul of the season came in the east at West Ham, while the second on the road came in south against Crystal Palace. Furthermore, Nuno's side picked up a respectable point in the north against Arsenal. The west will be visited on Wednesday, so can Wolves pick up another victory in the capital?

2. RANIERI EFFECT

The new manager effect. Claudio Ranieri is still new to the Craven Cottage dugout and made a winning start against Southampton. The Italian has a proven track record in the Premier League, having managed Chelsea and famously led Leicester to the title in 2016. On home soil they also drew with Ranieri's former club, but were beaten on their last Craven Cottage outing against Newcastle. The Londoners were so strong on home soil in their promotion season last time out, losing only twice, and results at the Cottage are likely to be crucial if Fulham are to avoid relegation.

3. JONNY BACK TO FORM

Jonny Otto has made a welcome return to the starting line-up in the recent weeks and has slotted back in like he's never been away. The Spaniard could be a good option for Fantasy Premier League teams at just £4.3. Jonny has been picked by just 1.5 per cent of FPL managers and is Wolves' fifth-highest points earner, despite missing four matches through injury. Against Bournemouth and Liverpool he was a threat in both halves and already got off the mark for the season against Southampton in September. He'll be looking to add to his tally at Craven Cottage, so now looks the time to draft him in.

4. SESSEGNON BACK FIT?

Fulham look set to welcome back one of their prized possessions on Boxing Day, with Ryan Sessegnon returning to fitness. Last season's Championship Player of the Year has missed the last two matches, but has undoubted ability. The youngster has netted once against Cardiff, but provided two assists in Ranieri's first game against Southampton. Frank Anguissa will miss out once again through injury.

Diogo Jota is likely to miss out once again on Wednesday, a big loss to Wolves after he began to hit form earlier this month. He'll be the only absentee for Nuno, who will decide if to bring the likes of Morgan Gibbs-White, Ivan Cavaleiro and Helder Costa into his starting line-up.

5. CAVALEIRO WARY OF FULHAM

Ivan Cavaleiro is on three goals for the season and is excited for a return to action at Craven Cottage. The Portuguese forward spoke pre-match and is wary of the threat Fulham will pose, despite their lowly position in the Premier League.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20181221-fulham-vs-wolves-5-things-to-know/#

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham want Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida

Premier League strugglers Fulham need a new centre-back and could reportedly go for Croatian World Cup finalist Domagoj Vida in January.

Domagoj Vida might have missed out on a move to the Premier League in the summer but it seems he still has admirers in arguably the most high-profile competition in world football.

According to Fotomac, Fulham have expressed an interest in signing the Besiktas defender with the January transfer window set to open in a week.

Understandably, a new centre-back is a top priority for Claudio Ranieri, with Fulham's defensive record leaving a lot to be desired. The Cottagers have conceded an eye-watering 42 goals in 18 games since promotion, although they did claim their first clean sheet of the season in Saturday's 0-0 draw at Newcastle United.

And Fotomac believes that Vida, whose reputation skyrocketed after he helped Croatia reach the World Cup final in Russia, has emerged as Fulham's number one target.

Strong, physical and commanding, the former Dinamo Kiev man would certainly enhance a defence that has looked far too open all season.

Fanatik claimed in the summer that Besiktas were demanding £30 million for Vida, however, so Fulham will be praying that they are willing to settle for less. Fortunately for Ranieri, Besiktas are in dire straits financially, having been forced to release Vida's centre-back partner Pepe earlier in December.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/24/do-report-fulham-want-30m-besiktas-defender-domagoj-vida/

WhiteJC

Why Alfie Mawson was PUNCHED in head by his own team-mate

The Fulham defender was smashed by keeper Sergio Rico... and a team mate thinks he knows why

Tom Cairney has revealed the real reason why he thinks Alfie Mawson was PUNCHED by his own keeper Sergio Rico.

Fulham's England U21 defender took a hammer blow from Rico during their 0-0 draw at Newcastle as he tried to make a clearance.

Mawson was left flat out on the pitch and needing lengthy treatment to check he didn't have concussion.

The right hook to the cheekbone was so badly time it has left Fulham players speculating as to why Mawson was decked!

Now Cairney has revealed all - and it could be a legacy of the player's Christmas knees up.

He said: "Sergio said he owed him money from the Christmas do so he was waiting for it a little bit!

Sergio Rico clocks team-mate Alfie Mawson (Image: Newcastle Utd via Getty Images)

"It was a double hand punch as well. I heard Alfie calling for it early so I think Sergio just wanted to do it!"

Hard lad Mawson insisted: "It's fine, it's fine, it's fine.

"The staff were worrying and I understand that, but looking back it was quite funny to be honest. I couldn't afford to be up in the air and pull away.

"If Sergio had done the same then we would have been in trouble. It is what it is. It's sore but there you go, you just carry on."

Fulham have found a formula to keep a clean sheet after 21 Premeir League games conceding, including 42 leaked this season.

Mawson said: "Ranieri's been brilliant. Three centre halves is a formation that does suit us with the ability we've got on the ball and the belief we can get forward more."

Mawson is back in the side after being dropped and "letting my standards slip."

He added: ""It was tough, but at the end of the day we do the best job in the world so I can't complain. I'm not going to moan or go mad at decisions or throw my toys out of the pram. That isn't me.

"It was a test for me because I've played the last two seasons back to back every game, but you have to get on with it.

"It was different for me, being pushed out of my comfort zone and I wouldn't say I enjoyed it but I've learned things about myself and my body which I might not have learned if I was playing all the time.

"It's good to be back in and now I've got to make sure I don't give the manager the chance to get rid of me to be honest."

Fulham play Wolves and Huddersfield at home over Christmas.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alfie-mawson-punched-head-team-13773775

WhiteJC

De la Torre lined up for January loan move

Fulham are looking to send Luca de la Torre out on loan.

The 20-year-old has been on the periphery of the Whites first team for some time.

Fulham will allow him to leave for more first-team games next month and they have received initial interest from clubs in Germany and the Netherlands.

Several League One clubs are also interested in the midfielder but he would favour a move abroad.

Major League Soccer outfit New England Revolution asked about him earlier this year but have since cooled their interest.

The United States international impressed for Fulham in the League Cup win at Millwall earlier this season – his 10th appearance for the first team.

Follow Fulham academy player Matt O'Riley is also potentially available for a loan move next month.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-duo-lined-up-for-loan-moves-as-dutch-and-german-clubs-show-interest

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers
WED 26 Dec 2018   Premier League
Venue: Craven Cottage

Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored in each of his previous two league starts against Wolves.

TEAM NEWS

Fulham are hopeful Ryan Sessegnon can play on Boxing Day after two games out with a groin injury.

Midfielder Frank Anguissa remains sidelined and is not expected to return until the new year, according to manager Claudio Ranieri.

Wolves are again likely to be without forward Diogo Jota, who missed the defeat by Liverpool because of a hamstring injury.

He is Wolves' only injury concern heading into the festive period.

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri: "Nuno Espirito Santo is doing a very good job. I watched the match against Liverpool, and Wolverhampton played fantastically.

"They created two or three great chances in the first half. It will be another tough match for us."

Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves on facing bottom club Fulham: "We don't think about the table, we think about the game, we think about what we have to do.

"Fulham, we know already [from last season] is a very good team and it is a tough stadium to play, and we have to focus on that."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Fulham ended a nine-match winless streak in this fixture by beating Wolves 2-0 at home when the sides last met in February.
    This is their first Premier League meeting since March 2012, when Fulham recorded a 5-0 home win.
    Wolves have never won in four previous Premier League trips to Craven Cottage, losing twice.

Fulham

Fulham have claimed five points from six games since Claudio Ranieri was appointed manager.
    The Whites kept their first clean sheet of the season at Newcastle last Saturday - it was their first in 21 Premier League matches.
    They have failed to score in six of their last nine league games.
    Ranieri has never won a Premier League Boxing Day fixture in six previous attempts, losing four of them.
    Only three sides in Premier League history have avoided relegation having been bottom of the table at Christmas: Leicester in 2014, Sunderland in 2013 and West Brom in 2004.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves have won three and lost three of their last six league fixtures.
    They have kept one clean sheet in 10 matches, having begun the season with four in their opening eight games.
    Nuno Espirito Santo's side have lost all three of their Premier League games played on Boxing Day.
    This will be Wolves' 100th league game played on Boxing Day, making them just the second side to play as many on the date, after neighbours West Bromwich Albion.
    Wolves have 25 points after 18 games, which is as many as they accrued in total in their last Premier League season in 2011-12.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46615162

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: View Of The Opposition - Thomas Baugh From The Wolves Blog
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is an interview with Thomas Baugh, who is the editor of the Wolves Blog, and he was on to preview the upcoming match for Fulham against Wolves.

During the intervew, he shared his views on Wolves so far this season. We ended the show with Thomas sharing his thoughts on this upcoming the match, and he gave a prediction. This is our preview show for this match.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2018/12/24/18154907/cottage-talk-view-of-the-opposition-thomas-baugh-from-the-wolves-blog

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v James bassist Jim Glennie

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's stint as interim Manchester United manager began with a bang as they won 5-1 at Cardiff on Saturday, but how will he get on in his first home game in charge?

United host struggling Huddersfield Town on 26 December and BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson says: "The atmosphere will be great at Old Trafford, which it wasn't very often under Jose Mourinho, and the players already look in a better mood too.

"Solskjaer's approach will be very different to what the fans have seen recently. It will be all about passing forward and creating chances - United will have a smile on their faces, and they will be playing as if the shackles have come off."

This week's guest is Jim Glennie, bassist with rock band James and a Manchester City fan.

It is safe to say that Glennie is enjoying life under Pep Guardiola - not just City's success, but the way they have achieved it.

"It is absolutely fantastic," he told BBC Sport. "I am getting to as many games as I can. First, because it is lovely to see us winning games for a change, but also because of the quality of the football.

"Regardless of it being City, it is just stunning. It is so entertaining to watch."

City suffered a shock home defeat by Crystal Palace on Saturday that leaves them four points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool but Glennie is still pretty confident about their prospects of defending their title.

"When we get to the thick end of the season, I think City's squad will just kind of steamroller through it and I cannot see Liverpool keeping it together - but I have been saying that for the past 10 games or so already."

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS
WEDNESDAY

Fulham v Wolves (12:30 GMT)

Wolves got in some good positions in their defeat by Liverpool on Friday, but could not make the most of them.

Adama Traore played up front in that game and, although he is lightning quick, he just is not a goalscorer. He had a couple of chances where he should have done a lot better.

Fulham got a good point against Newcastle on Saturday and a clean sheet too, which was another positive after a difficult few weeks.

I actually thought they looked a better team than the Magpies, and if Claudio Ranieri can get a repeat performance in this game, I can see them getting a much-needed win.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Jim's prediction: 1-2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46622613

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wolves: Sessegnon eyes return, Wolves star set to miss out

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri has no fresh injury problems ahead of the Boxing Day clash with Wolves.

Winger Ryan Sessegnon missed Saturday's goalless Premier League draw at Newcastle with a groin strain and could return as the Whites attempt to build upon a first Premier League clean sheet of the season on Tyneside.

There was no place either for midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa as he recovers from a knock, but Ranieri reported an otherwise clean bill of health after the 90 minutes at St James' Park.

Provisional squad: Rico, Bettinelli, Fabri, Fosu-Mensah, Christie, Odoi, Chambers, Mawson, Ream, Ayite, Bryan, Seri, Johansen, De La Torre, McDonald, Kebano, R Sessegnon, S Sessegnon, Schurrle, Vietto, Mitrovic, Fonte, Cairney, Kamara.

Diogo Jota is likely to miss out as he continues to battle a hamstring injury.

Boss Nuno Espirito Santo confirmed the forward remains a doubt having missed Friday's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool.

Conor Coady and Ryan Bennett are one caution away from a suspension ahead of the yellow card amnesty.

Provisional squad: Patricio, Ruddy, Norris, Doherty, Dendoncker, Bennett, Enobakhare, Hause, Boly, Coady, Gibbs-White, Jonny, Saiss, Neves, Costa, Moutinho, Vinagre, Bonatini, Traore, Jimenez.

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/fulham/fulham-v-wolves-sessegnon-eyes-return-wolves-star-set-to-miss-out/

WhiteJC

Forget Lys Mousset – Fulham must instead turn their attention towards this 7-goal Bundesliga sensation and here is why

Dodi Lukebakio would make a great January signing for Fulham

According to Sky Sports, Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri is keen to bolster his squad in January to help the Cottagers in their bid for survival in the top-flight.

If reports are to be believed, Ranieri in interested in adding a centre-back, a right-back and a striker in January and Bournemouth's out of favour youngster Lys Mousset has emerged on his radar.

The 22-year-old has struggled to make an impact on the south coast since making a move from Le Havre back in 2016. The French U21 international's involvement has been limited to just 7 starts over the course of two seasons.

Granted, Mousset is a promising youngster who can add more depth to Fulham's squad but the Cottagers need some in-form players to boost their chances of survival. They need s striker who can hit the ground running immediately after making a move in January as the west Londoners are already rock bottom of the table in the relegation zone.

And someone like Dodi Lukebakio definitely fits the bill at Craven Cottage. Much like Lys Mousset, he is a promising youngster and the Belgium-born Congolese striker has been making a lot of noise in the Bundesliga this season.

A product of Anderlecht's youth system, Lukebakio made his move to Watford in January last season but was loaned out to Fortuna Dusseldorf at the start of the ongoing campaign after making a single Premier League appearance for the Hornets.

The 21-year-old was once again on target in the Bundesliga this week as Fortuna Dusseldorf pulled off a major upset to end Borussia Dortmund's winning streak. Lukebakio has made eyeballs turn with his consistently impressive performances in the German top flight for a relegation contending club, scoring 7 goals from 14 appearances.

If there is anything that embodies his fine start to the season, it has to be his hat-trick in Fortuna Dusseldorf's 3-3 draw against Bayern Munich last month. As a matter of fact,  Lukenakio became the first player in the history of Bundesliga to net three goals in a single game past Manuel Neuer.

The 21-year-old, who has 12 caps for Belgium at the U21 level, is a tactically versatile attacker with a good enough technique who is capable of playing in a number of positions in the final third. Essentially a left-footed inverted winger or a wide forward down the right, Lukebakio is also capable of playing as a conventional winger down the left and as a centre-forward.

His main attributes are his lightning pace, mesmerizing dribbling skills and instant acceleration. He is adept at cutting inside from the right onto his stronger left foot and creates space for himself to fire powerful shots from outside the box. An explosive attacker, Lukebakio is known for his quick feet, good close control and unpredictable movement in the final third and can be a handful for any opposition on a given day.

To put things into perspective, Fulham need an explosive and energetic player like him to add that cutting-edge to their attack. Andre Schurrle has been inconsistent and the Cottagers have apparently lacked a plan 'B' when Aleksandar Mitrovic hasn't fired.

Given that Lukebakio is currently on loan from Watford, Fulham should try to test their resolve with their financial muscle to cut short the loan agreement and secure his services permanently in January.

https://www.mediareferee.com/2018/12/24/forget-lys-mousset-fulham-must-instead-turn-their-attention-towards-this-7-goal-bundesliga-sensation-and-here-is-why/

WhiteJC

Fulham fans will be delighted by Roy Hodgson's fond away memories

In the aftermath of Crystal Palace's stunning 3-2 away win against Manchester City, Roy Hodgson was naturally asked where the result ranked among his best career matches.

Hodgson's response will delight Fulham fans, as the Englishman cited a game from the Whites' Great Escape season when discussing his fondest managerial feats.

In comments reported by football.london, Hodgson fondly recalls Fulham's come-from-behind victory at Eastlands in 2008 as one of his favourite ever matches.

"[Saturday's win] ranks very highly but probably doesn't rank as highly as the one many years ago that kept Fulham in with a shout of staying in the Premier Division," Hodgson said. "It didn't keep us in the Premier Division, it's just at 2-0 at half-time, had that result stayed – and even if we pulled it back to 2-2 – we would have been relegated... we won the game 3-2 which was a deja-vu moment back to today."

Although Hodgson noted the Manchester City side of 2018 possessed far more quality than the team Fulham beat a decade ago, the Cottagers' win was far more meaningful.

From effectively down and out at halftime to a buoyant away win 45 minutes later, Hodgson engineered a famous fightback that saved Fulham's Premier League status. Propelled by a brace from Diomansy Kamara and a goal from Danny Murphy, Fulham won at the Etihad and were granted the momentum they needed to survive.

Ten years later, Roy Hodgson still remembers that fateful day at the Etihad, and luckily for Fulham fans, rates it higher than Crystal Palace's stunning weekend win.

https://tbrfootball.com/fulham-fans-will-be-delighted-by-roy-hodgsons-fond-away-memories/

WhiteJC

Revealed: 82% of Swansea fans want to hijack Fulham's move for Lys Mousset

According to the results of a recent Football FanCast poll, a large majority of Swansea fans want Graham Potter to hijack Fulham's move for Bournemouth striker Lys Mousset.

The 22-year-old Frenchman has only made seven starts for the Cherries since his move from Le Havre in 2016, but after his impressive performance in the recent Carabao Cup loss to Chelsea, Eddie Howe told Sky Sports that Mousset would be an important part of the club's future.

Because of this Fulham may not succeed with their permanent offer, and 82 per cent of Swansea fans were keen for Potter to make a loan move to get the jump on the Premier League side.

Mousset is a technical player and his fitness is a big asset, meaning he would fit well in Potter's high-tempo, high-press system.

Signing a striker on loan should be a priority for the Swans too as they are currently reliant on Oliver McBurnie for the majority of their goals as Wilfried Bony looks to find form after his long-term injury.

https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/swansea-city/revealed-82-of-swansea-fans-want-to-hijack-fulhams-move-for-lys-mousset

WhiteJC

With just 16 goals in 18 games, Fulham need this Belgian World Cup ace and Ranieri must get him

Why Fulham should plot an ambitious January swoop for Adnan Januzaj

Slavisa Jokanovic helped Fulham achieve promotion to the Premier League after winning last season's play-off final against Aston Villa.

To make their position strong in England's top-flight league, Fulham backed Slavisa Jokanovic with a lot of money in the summer. A lot of exciting signings were made and the Cottagers looked set to enjoy their ride back in the Premier League after four long years.

Unfortunately, things haven't panned out as the Fulham supporters would have hoped as the West Londoners currently lie rock bottom of the table, having conceded a staggering 42 goals in just 18 games.

Jokanovic was sacked last month and replaced by Claudio Ranieri. The Italian tactician has done very little so far to suggest Fulham will be in the Premier League after the end of 38 games. Ranieri clearly needs reinforcements in January to steer Fulham out of relegation and while the priority has to be to strengthen the defence, he cannot overlook the need to bolster his attacking ranks.

The Cottagers have scored just 16 goals in 18 games despite having the likes of Aleksandar Mitrovic, Luciano Vietto, Andre Schurrle and Aboubakar Kamara in the squad. Mitrovic has spearheaded Fulham's attack and has a decent tally of 7 goals in 18 games to show for in an underperforming side.

But the big Serb has lacked support from his fellow attackers and Ranieri must get an attacker capable of scoring goals and assisting aplenty. To put things into perspective, Fulham must make a move for Real Sociedad star Adnan Januzaj.

The 23-year-old had an impressive debut season with Real Sociedad in the La Liga, bagging 3 goals and 5 assists and his performances were enough to earn him a call-up to Belgium's 2018 World Cup squad. He has started this in good form as well, assisting twice in seven league games.

A technically-gifted player, Adnan Januzaj is an agile, left-footed winger who can play in various positions in the final third. He combines his wonderful technique with his skill-set and stature to keep exceptional close control in tight areas along the flanks.

The Belgian has blistering pace and his sharpness, agility and instant acceleration coupled with his creative passing make him a potent threat in the final third.

The former Manchester United star not only has the ability to leave the defenders for dead with his sudden burst of pace and movement but he is capable of delivering spectacular goals with his left foot. Furthermore, Januzaj is also a decent finisher in front of the goal.

All in all, Januzaj can definitely add the X-factor to Ranieri's attack and also provide cover and competition for the likes of Vietto, Schurrle and Kamara. Therefore, a move for the 23-year-old Belgian would be a step in the right direction for the Cottagers.

Truth be told, Januzaj definitely deserves another chance in the Premier League after failing at Manchester United and Sunderland.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/12/25/with-just-16-goals-in-18-games-fulham-need-this-belgian-world-cup-ace-and-ranieri-must-get-him/

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri admits Fulham need points but not only at Craven Cottage
Watch Fulham host Wolves on Boxing Day, live on Sky Sports Premier League from 12pm

Claudio Ranieri says he would love Fulham to make Craven Cottage a fortress as they battle to maintain their Premier League status, but his immediate priority is to pick up points.

Fulham host Wolves on Boxing Day, live on Sky Sports, before another home game against fellow strugglers Huddersfield on Saturday is followed by a trip to face Unai Emery's Arsenal on January 1.

Ranieri, whose side will spend Christmas bottom of the league, has picked up four points from his three home games in charge so far but the Italian says where his side win points is of little significance in the short term.

"I would like to get more points at home because in front of our fans they deserve it," Ranieri said.

"But in this moment wherever I can get points is not important. Getting points is more important than where."

After the club's goalless draw against Newcastle on Saturday, Ranieri stressed his belief Fulham would avoid relegation and the vastly experienced Italian says their fans can provide a boost as they strive to move away from danger.

"Our fans are very close to us and they believe," he added.

"If I believe, they believe. If they believe they strengthen everything. We try to transmit to them our strength.

"We feel our fans are behind us. It is important. They fight a lot to get back into the Premier League. That is important for us, for them, for everybody."

Wolves were also promoted to the Premier League last season but, while the Cottagers have failed to impress, their opponents have earned plaudits under the leadership of Nuno Espirito Santo.

"[Under] Nuno Espirito Santo, Wolves are working very well. He has created a very good team," Ranieri said.

"They play well - well done to him. I am not surprised because I know [Santo]. I follow him and his teams. I know he is a very good manager."

Asked why both clubs had enjoyed contrasting success in the opening half of the season, Ranieri was pragmatic about why Fulham hadn't been able to kick on following their return to the top flight for the first time in four years.

"It is life. It is football. Football is fantastic for this reason," he said.

"There are teams stronger than others but you can never say a victory is sure for one team."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11588280/claudio-ranieri-says-fulham-need-points-whether-they-come-at-home-or-not

WhiteJC

Chelsea could save rival's Premier League life by sanctioning triple deal

CHELSEA could dish out a late Christmas present to one of their Premier League rivals in the January transfer window.

Maurizio Sarri has a bloated squad with a number of first-team players on the fringes under the Italian tactician.

Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses are the three most high-profile players to have been frozen out.

Cahill - out of contract at the end of the season - has been limited to seven appearances in all competitions, Drinkwater has not featured since the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City while Moses has started once all season.

SW6 neighbours Fulham have been linked with the trio, who will be allowed to leave in the mid-season sales.

Cahill, a serial trophy winner with years of experience, would improve the quality of Claudio Ranieri's defence.

Alfie Mawson is beginning to show signs of the form that previously saw him earn an England call up in March but question marks remain over Denis Odoi and Tim Ream's ability to step up from the Championship.

Drinkwater won the Premier League at Leicester under Ranieri and would be the perfect midfield anchor for the Italian.

That is a possession where Fulham have struggled in the top flight.

Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses could all leave in January (Pic: GETTY)

Kevin McDonald has struggled with the pace in the top-flight, Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa has failed to impress while Calum Chambers' outstanding work rate is belied by an ability to retain possession.

The other area where Fulham could do with strengthening is on the right-hand side.

Cyrus Christie and Timothy Fosu-Mensah have battled it out for the right-back spot to little success while Andre Schurrle is a poor fit on the wing, despite his goal threat.

Moses' ability to play anywhere on the right-hand side of the pitch would be ideal.

Chelsea have been generous to Fulham on the transfer front in recent seasons.

Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon spent two seasons on loan at Craven Cottage in the Championship so it would be little surprise if the two clubs strike further deals in January.

Fulham sit bottom of the Premier League table on Christmas Day - but the arrival of Cahill, Drinkwater and Moses would given them a huge boost in the bid to avoid the drop.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/749657/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Gary-Cahill-Danny-Drinkwater-Victor-Moses-Fulham