more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (09/01/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 09, 2019, 07:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Ranieri: We played well and we have to continue in this way

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri has a massive task on his hands if he is to get Fulham out of the Premier League relegation zone - they are currently rock bottom.

But he can take some comfort in his charges performance in the 2-0 defeat against neighbours Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this afternoon.

The ex-Blues boss said: I'm satisfied - not with result, of course - but with the way we reacted and played.

"I think we played much better today than against Southampton, and we have to continue in this way.

"The players need to understand my philosophy better because I like to play very fast. Today, we made good decisions in a very short period of time.

"I think it was a good match. At the beginning we gave them a good present when we lost the ball and they scored on the counter attack, but we reacted well.

"I told our players before the match that we can win or lose, but I want us to play with our philosophy.

"We didn't make enough chances in the first half, but it was much better in the second half. With our two wingers, we created some problems for them and had chances to draw the match.

"In the end, they scored the second goal. I think it was a good match in the second-half, but when Maurizio [Sarri] made some changes and put on [Alvaro] Morata, [Ruben] Loftus-Cheek, it's not easy. They have quality players – [Eden] Hazard is amazing."

"I was pleased because in the first half we conceded one goal after a mistake in midfield, but after I decided to change the system and put two wingers who were faster than their defensive line, and we created some chances.

"Now, we think about the next match," he said. "It's a congested period but it's important to improve our fitness, everything, because we're pressing a lot and playing faster than before. It's important for us to make a right decision in a very short time.

"It will be difficult in every game this season, but I am very confident in my players."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2018/12/02/Fulham-boss-Ranieri-We-played-well-and-we-have-to-continue-use-this-way

WhiteJC

Arsenal transfer news: Calum Chambers 'part of future' despite Fulham loan deal - Sheth

ARSENAL TRANSFER NEWS: Calum Chambers is still a part of Arsenal's future, despite the fact he is on loan at Fulham.

That is the claim of Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth, who was speaking on the Transfer Talk podcast.

The Gunners have got real problems at the back this season, with Laurent Koscielny only recently back from a long-term Achilles problem and Rob Holding out for the season after damaging his anterior cruciate ligaments.

With Nacho Monreal also missing much of the autumn through injury, the likes of Granit Xhaka, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Carl Jenkinson have been fielded out of position at centre-back.

Meanwhile, Chambers has been playing in midfield for Fulham, who are struggling in a battle against relegation.

Sheth claimed: "Calum Chambers - I think [Unai Emery] only said he could go on loan at Fulham.

"Whatever you think about the qualities of Calum Chambers, Emery seems to rate him.

"He's at Fulham on loan, but it looks like he's part of Arsenal's future as well.

"I just think Emery will be given time to mould his squad and perhaps he won't have too much pressure and expectation until another couple of transfer windows have elapsed because then you'll see the players that he's brought in.

"He'll start phasing out the ones that are slightly older, bringing in younger ones to play alongside perhaps the likes of Holding and Chambers.

"They'll need that real experience and the guy who can command a defence to help these guys through."

Emery's men are currently fifth in the table, three points behind Chelsea in the last Champions League place.

They also have an FA Cup fourth round clash with Manchester United to look forward to, and a Europa League last 32 against BATE Boris.

Sheth continued: "Lots of Arsenal fans, after the Liverpool game [a 5-1 loss] in particular, were accusing Arsenal that nothing's changed since [Arsene] Wenger's gone.

I heard some of those comments, and I'm not saying it's the view of the majority of Arsenal fans.

"I felt it's a little bit unfair because I'm sure Unai Emery knows there are issues in central defence and I'm sure he wants to reinforce but he has had horrendous luck with injuries.

"Rob Holding was a regular starter, he rates him really highly, out for the season.

"Koscielny, got injured before the World Cup started and only just came back."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/752344/Arsenal-transfer-news-Calum-Chambers-Fulham-loan-deal-centre-back?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Chelsea news: Two Blues stars shown around Fulham training ground ahead of proposed move

CHELSEA stars Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses look set to moved across west London according to reports.

Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses could be on their way to Fulham (Pic: GETTY)

The pair have been frozen out by new boss Maurizio Sarri since the Italian's summer arrival.

Drinkwater cost the club £35m when he arrived from Leicester, but the midfielder has failed to make an impact.

Moses played an important role at wing-back under Antonio Conte but now looks to have no future at Stamford Bridge.

And it seems Chelsea's loss could be their west London neighbours Fulham's gain.

According to Love Sport Radio, Moses and Drinkwater were spotted taking a tour of the club's training ground ahead of a propsed switch.

Chelsea's club captain Gary Cahill is also on the verge of joining Claudio Ranieri's struggling outfit.

Fulham have conceded a mammoth 47 goals in 21 Premier League games so far this season.

Cahill has been displaced under Sarri this term, seen just 21 minutes of top-flight football and is desperate for more action.

The 33-year-old had also been linked with a move to Arsenal who are in the midst of a defensive injury crisis.

But the Gunners appear to have lost out, much to the chagrin of former Gunners defender Rhys Weston.

"If they're going to bring someone in now, who is there?" Weston told Ian Stone's Comedy Breakfast.

"The only person that really stands out is someone like Gary Cahill at Chelsea.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/752380/Chelsea-Fulham-Danny-Drinkwater-Victor-Moses-Gary-Cahill-transfer-news

WhiteJC

Chelsea Coach Deflects Question About Future Of Fulham, Cardiff City Target Victor

Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri faced the cameras shortly after his side were beaten 1-0 by Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley in the Carabao Cup semi-final first leg on Tuesday night.

Former Nigeria international Victor Moses was not in the Blues squad for their third straight match in the competition.

Given his lack of playing time, the winger has been tipped to depart Chelsea in the January transfer window, with the likes of Wolves, Crystal Palace, Fulham and Crystal Palace credited with an interest.

Moses has not seen as much action as he did in the two seasons manager Antonio Conte was in charge at Stamford Bridge, logging only 176 minutes in the six matches he was mostly used as a substitute.

Sarri preferred not to talk about the potential departure of the Nigerian when quizzed by reporters in London.

''I don't know because I am not in charge of the market. You have to call the club and ask the man in charge. I don't know,'' the Italian said.

Bayern Munich target Callum Hudson-Odoi has overtaken Moses in the pecking order of wingers and it remains to be seen if Chelsea will allow their number 15 to leave in this window if they agree terms with the Bundesliga champions.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=30620

WhiteJC

The Sean Davis Column

It's always disappointing to go out of the FA Cup early on, especially when it's a home tie against lower league opposition. That was Oldham's cup final, they came to cause an upset, they worked hard, and they got the result. For us, the players who were given an opportunity to stake a claim for a regular place, didn't really give the Manager much food for thought. When you're not playing week in and week out it can be difficult, but as professionals you have to be ready when the opportunity comes, and unfortunately not enough of the lads seized their chance. Fair play to Oldham, though. They'll get a decent bit of money for progressing to the next round, and we wish them well for the rest of the competition. The Premier League always has been the priority, and maybe that match has given the Manager an idea of where needs strengthening the most.

It's a big one up next as we head to Turf Moor on Saturday. It's a horrible place to go to, and that's no disrespect to Burnley. It's so tough, their fans make it very difficult, it's very intimidating. They've slowly just got back to form; they did very well to beat West Ham, they had a massive game at Huddersfield which they won, so they're going to be right up for it. It's going to be a difficult match but it's one that we cannot afford to take nothing from. We can't just rely on the home form, we need to start picking up some more points from our away matches.

I played there a couple of times with Fulham and it never went well. First time I played there we went 1-0 up through a Barry Hayles header but ended up losing 2-1. That was probably the first time I saw Jean Tigana lose it in the changing room. Fabrice Fernandes – what a player he was by the way – came off the bench, it was freezing cold and he just didn't fancy it. He didn't run about and the two of them nearly came to blows in the changing room after, and that's the most animated I'd ever seen Tigana. He threw the toothpick and everything! The next time I featured at Turf Moor I got sent off, so hopefully the boys end up with better memories of the place than I have!

We know what we're going to get from Burnley, so if you don't give 110 per cent and fight and battle and scrape for every yard, every inch, then you're not going to get anything. We need all 11 of the lads giving everything they've got. We can't afford any passengers, especially away from home. They're going to make it difficult, they're going to press, they're going to be organised, they'll have the crowd behind them. They've got boys up front who can cause damage, and from set-pieces as well they can be very dangerous. They've come through a tough time and are high on confidence, but we've got to believe we can go there and get something. With the ability we've got, we're more than capable.

Back the boys at Turf Moor, with tickets still available to purchase on General Sale.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/08/the-sean-davis-column