watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why start Nevland

Started by alfie, February 07, 2010, 09:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

I reckon that most of us know by now that he is non existent from the start but is very dynamic when he comes on late, thats 2 games running that we have been playing with 10 men, sorry if that is harsh but it is such a waste of a player.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KCat

Maybe Roy played him because he knew the best we could get was a draw, and it would do Nev's fitness the world of good to play a full game ( he was pretty ropy against Pompy)   
...and he would not have to play him next  Tuesday  and would be in better shape, both mentally and physically for next week -end. 

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on February 07, 2010, 09:53:13 AM
I reckon that most of us know by now that he is non existent from the start but is very dynamic when he comes on late, thats 2 games running that we have been playing with 10 men, sorry if that is harsh but it is such a waste of a player.

Got to agree with you there Alfie, Nev is a good player, but he's never quite shone as a starter for us. He's better coming on for the last 20 minutes and using his fresh legs to get by knackered defenders and score.
I was surprised he got the shout over Okaka though, and even more surprised to see Elm start next to him.

WhiteJC

perhaps Roy was thinking of Nev & Elm as a 'partnership', Okaka can't have created an 'understanding' with anyone yet as hes only been here 5 minutes

Lighthouse

I have no objection to Elm and Nevland. Both are fine reserves. But had we played AJ and BZ the same outcome would have occured. Our tactics of bringing 11 players behind the ball means we never have an escape route.

We have been made to look relegation contenders by Stoke, Bolton and Pompey. This has little to do with  BLUNT forward line alone. Murphy is a 10 minute player at best now, Dika was injured after putting in an ok performance and we have a centre half at right back and Brede has lost all form.

Poor tactics,Injured players,poor organisation with bringing players in and sadly too many players off form. Elm and Nevland are the least of our problems. Although my point about having our best remaining forward out on loan still stands. Unlike our injured players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

reading between the lines I don't think Roy had too much choice about Kamara going to Celtic

Lighthouse

Kamara has just scored for Ceptic and looks in fairly in good shape. As for Roy I really don't care whose fault it was. The point is we know we have our best fit striker not playing for us but up in Scotland. Without putting the blame on anybody this is a Fulhamish situation. Very friustrating for fans knowing we cannot play our best team.

But sadly it is just one problem brick in the wall of sorrow that poor old Fulham are going through right now. But as quick as our form has dipped we can suddenly regain it. I hope.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Once again there was very poor service to the front runners even if we had Roony up front he would have not faired better, we play far too deep in  the midfield leaving no link to the forwards and we have no one capable of running through defences to create the link apart from  duff perhaps who is always heavily marked.

HatterDon

For Roy, it was a case of either start Nevland or wake up Sunday morning with a horse's head in his bed. Gentleman Jim is NOT to be trifled with.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

EJ would have been better....
The Dude abides.

DevonFFC

I think that it has to be BZ and Okaka against Burnley, When we look to break now we still remain to have 10 bodies behind the ball. With the two big goals up there the holding up of the ball will be much better allowing to bring others into play.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 07, 2010, 12:45:41 PM
I have no objection to Elm and Nevland. Both are fine reserves. But had we played AJ and BZ the same outcome would have occured. Our tactics of bringing 11 players behind the ball means we never have an escape route.

We have been made to look relegation contenders by Stoke, Bolton and Pompey. This has little to do with  BLUNT forward line alone. Murphy is a 10 minute player at best now, Dika was injured after putting in an ok performance and we have a centre half at right back and Brede has lost all form.

Poor tactics,Injured players,poor organisation with bringing players in and sadly too many players off form. Elm and Nevland are the least of our problems. Although my point about having our best remaining forward out on loan still stands. Unlike our injured players.

I agree with you except for the last bit. While I quite like Eddie Johnson, I don't think he's our "best remaining forward."

As for the rest:

QuoteGloom, despair, and agony on me; deep dark depression excessive misery; if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all; gloom, despair, and agony on me.

You know the most interesting part of all this moaning? It's that it's happening just after we've taken 4 points from 2 matches in 4 days. If we keep up this horrible performance pace, we'll get 26 more points from our last 13 matches and end up with 57 for the season. Then it'll definitely be wrist-slitting time.

And yes, I'd like to see a bit more adventure on the road.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

Maybe Roy should be left to pick who he see's fit to, afterall how many of us on here are qualified to be a Premiership Manager (and I don't mean the computer game)?