https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Attention of Moderators - members replying to posts

Started by davew, January 10, 2019, 10:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replying to posts - Quote Options

Leave the system the way it is?
20 (48.8%)
Change the system so only the person you are replying to has their quote shown?
15 (36.6%)
Do not allow any requotes, let the poster just mention the name of the poster he is replying to?
4 (9.8%)
Provide a better suggestion to any of the above please (with notes)
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 17, 2019, 10:14:27 PM

sunburywhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2019, 11:23:17 AM
To be fair, it really doesn't happen that often. The last week or so has seen an unusual number of 'quote, quote, quote, quote' posts.

I KNOW
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WhiteJC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2019, 01:01:22 PM
No.  The people's vote is:

Leave the system the way it is? 18 (60%)
Change the system so only the person you are replying to has their quote shown? 9 (30%)
Do not allow any requotes, let the poster just mention the name of the poster he is replying to? 2 (6.7%)
Provide a better suggestion to any of the above please (with notes) 1 (3.3%)

I'll change it back  :54:

WhiteJC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2019, 01:01:22 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on January 11, 2019, 10:55:30 AM

I think I've turned off show quotes?

is this better?
No.  The people's vote is:

Leave the system the way it is? 18 (60%)
Change the system so only the person you are replying to has their quote shown? 9 (30%)
Do not allow any requotes, let the poster just mention the name of the poster he is replying to? 2 (6.7%)
Provide a better suggestion to any of the above please (with notes) 1 (3.3%)

should be back now

"new" quotes will show the originator

Southcoastffc

Thank you!  Pleased it's not taken 2 years to implement the will of the people to get to an almighty mess..........  :022:  (Feel free to delete if that's inappropriate!)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Its not rocket science for someone just to put a name on to reply to,instead of adding every quote,which half the time has nothing to do with what they are replying to.

davew

At least there has been some feedback, thanks! I thought it was a subject worth mentioning.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

One James stannard

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 11, 2019, 01:53:36 PM
Its not rocket science for someone just to put a name on to reply to,instead of adding every quote,which half the time has nothing to do with what they are replying to.

Hilda agrees   :022:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 11, 2019, 02:16:31 PM
At least there has been some feedback, thanks! I thought it was a subject worth mentioning.

As is a Large G & T.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Brawn

I believe forums can be set to have a limit of quotations (this is certainly the case on several other forums I know of), I would suggest a maximum of 3.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2019, 10:06:08 PM
Quote from: davew on January 11, 2019, 02:16:31 PM

As is a Large G & T.
I was trying to keep that quiet!!!!!

davew

Quote from: Brawn on January 11, 2019, 10:47:55 PM
I believe forums can be set to have a limit of quotations (this is certainly the case on several other forums I know of), I would suggest a maximum of 3.
A good compromise!!! I get so bored looking at the length of requotes, by the time I get through reading them I forget what the thread is about! Perhaps it is an age thing?

Mokes

Seeing as though there is a post dedicated to Mods...
Is it really necessary to lock a conversation thread because two idiots are being immature... What does locking a thread and starting a new one accomplish? Surely there is a way of just blocking certain users for a couple of days..

Sting of the North

I agree with you in principle, and trust that moderators act as they see fit. Just a humble request to refrain from personal insults, like calling fellow posters idiots.

Since I have a creeping suspicion that I am one of the aforementioned idiots, I do apologize for getting caught up in any pointless off topic conversations, and will try to better myself going forward. As stated, if moderators feel that I am being out of line in any way I hope that they let me know in a manner of their choosing, as it is never my intention to derail this message board. Now, let us all go back to supporting the team we love.

gezkc

Quote from: Milo on January 11, 2019, 11:17:46 AM
Quote from: Nero on January 11, 2019, 10:32:21 AM
yes very annoying when you have half a page taken up with 2 people arguing between themselves

I find it annoying too
I dont have an issue with it really.

I do when it gets to about haf a page, a couple of replies are fine, but when there is a couple of long replies or many quotes it just a waste of space

Only issue is when people adjust to new system, they may think for instance Nero said all the things in above message.

It also makes it look like he has multiple personality disorder and is arguing with himself! No it doesn't.  :005: