watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

I can't wait for £900K Odoi to push another defender out of the first team! In Dennis we trust.

Bracken White

Just to record, as an epilogue, very saddened to see Stefan Johansen go. He would be in my first team squad & cannot understand how some lesser mortals have been preferred. Thanks for the commitment and contributions - superb midfielder for us & good luck at WBA.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

twang

Bordeaux president:
"We received an offer yesterday (Thursday) at 20:03. There was a clause in his contract that would have made this transfer. Sabaly had expressed the wish to travel to Fulham Thursday. I am very surprised that a club is allowed to contact a player without talking to his club. There are ways, and that's not ways. Unfortunately, beyond the fact that the club Fulham behaved badly, the conditions were absolutely not met, especially since this offer arrived at a time when globally you do not realize a transfer before the end from the window. We told Sabaly our negative opinion."

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Bordeaux-s-est-oppose-au-depart-de-youssouf-sabaly-vers-fulham/984228

FFC1987

Quote from: twang on February 01, 2019, 12:48:22 PM
Bordeaux president:
"We received an offer yesterday (Thursday) at 20:03. There was a clause in his contract that would have made this transfer. Sabaly had expressed the wish to travel to Fulham Thursday. I am very surprised that a club is allowed to contact a player without talking to his club. There are ways, and that's not ways. Unfortunately, beyond the fact that the club Fulham behaved badly, the conditions were absolutely not met, especially since this offer arrived at a time when globally you do not realize a transfer before the end from the window. We told Sabaly our negative opinion."

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Bordeaux-s-est-oppose-au-depart-de-youssouf-sabaly-vers-fulham/984228

And that folks is why you don't do your business so close to the window closing. Clubs are't going to suddenly sell players they value without ample replacement.

SP

Zambo coming back from injury is like a new signing...

:dead horse:

David I

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 01, 2019, 12:50:03 PM
Bordeaux president:

And that folks is why you don't do your business so close to the window closing. Clubs are't going to suddenly sell players they value without ample replacement.
Surely this must be #fakenews as the recruitment team have been working hard all January to secure signings....
The on and off the field shenanigans are making the club a laughing stock.
Maybe Kline has a point with some of his clams? Haven't seen a libel case against him.......

Milo

Bordeaux president:

Sounds like they're on sticky ground and will have to dig themselves out of it legally if the player takes action. Either way, the player's relationship with the club will be non existent very soon and everyone loses.

toshes mate

Quote from: David I on February 01, 2019, 12:55:35 PM
Bordeaux president:

Surely this must be #fakenews as the recruitment team have been working hard all January to secure signings....
The on and off the field shenanigans are making the club a laughing stock.
Maybe K has a point with some of his clams? Haven't seen a libel case against him.......
When they first surfaced I was also of the opinion that CK's smoke couldn't exist without some kind of attempt to start a fire even if it never actually produced flames.  He was close to TK and would have heard things, read things, and formed an opinion about them.   Of course, he could have got the whole lot most terribly wrong, and, from the manner of his exit he has a mountain to climb to prove otherwise.
What worries me most is the 'what if?'  What if the real villain of the piece never was CK and SJ knew that all along......  Poirot, where are you?

Statto

Bordeaux president:

+1

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2019, 01:46:24 PM
Bordeaux president:

+1

Exactly and spot on, the prosecution rests it's case.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.