more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: RaySmith on January 23, 2019, 09:34:09 AM
I'd be amazed if TK and his team aren't trying very hard to find suitable players and bring them in - relegation being such a terrible  event for everyone involved with the club, and   very adversely   affecting the Khans' investment

But I'm sure this isn't easy to do, especially the position we're in now. Why always  signings made at the last minute - well, players aren't usually queuing up to come to Fulham, and avenues need to be explored, contracts negotiated - -most clubs  seem to take it to the wire with new signings in the Window.

Precisely.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JoelH5

Quote from: Holders on January 23, 2019, 10:15:30 AM
I'd be amazed if TK and his team aren't trying very hard to find suitable players and bring them in - relegation being such a terrible  event for everyone involved with the club, and   very adversely   affecting the Khans' investment

But I'm sure this isn't easy to do, especially the position we're in now. Why always  signings made at the last minute - well, players aren't usually queuing up to come to Fulham, and avenues need to be explored, contracts negotiated - -most clubs  seem to take it to the wire with new signings in the Window.

Precisely.

We can all agree our defence is woefull. There's probably a good what, 50/60 CBs in Europe at least who would be a big upgrade. Now, obviously the vast majority of those wouldn't come here so let's narrow that down to say 6/10 players. When this is so time sensitive, why don't we approach them all? By virtue of odds, one of them will accept.

Now I know we may have our 1 or 2 preferred targets but we've already potentially lost 6 points we could have won by being so slow getting defenders in. The amount of points we're losing out on could have been set off by getting someone who's not our exact target but still an upgrade.

I guess my point is, in the situation we are in, urgency was vital but 3 weeks have gone by and we still haven't got any defender in.

If I was tasked at work with a time constrained project, kept missing the deadline but said I'm trying really hard, I'd still lose my job. I personally have been very patient with all this but there comes a time when you need to accept that maybe the people conducting the process simply aren't experienced enough.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 23, 2019, 10:33:55 AM

We can all agree our defence is woefull. There's probably a good what, 50/60 CBs in Europe at least who would be a big upgrade. Now, obviously the vast majority of those wouldn't come here so let's narrow that down to say 6/10 players. When this is so time sensitive, why don't we approach them all? By virtue of odds, one of them will accept.

Now I know we may have our 1 or 2 preferred targets but we've already potentially lost 6 points we could have won by being so slow getting defenders in. The amount of points we're losing out on could have been set off by getting someone who's not our exact target but still an upgrade.

I guess my point is, in the situation we are in, urgency was vital but 3 weeks have gone by and we still haven't got any defender in.

If I was tasked at work with a time constrained project, kept missing the deadline but said I'm trying really hard, I'd still lose my job. I personally have been very patient with all this but there comes a time when you need to accept that maybe the people conducting the process simply aren't experienced enough.

Just out of curiosity, how many targets have Fulham had, and how many were approached?

MJG

Could be that what many people wanted...Managers final say fully....is happening and Claudio Ranieri is saying no to quite a few of the options, hanging on for the right ones to become available.
Just the views of a long term fan

Carborundum

The deadline is when the transfer window, to borrow Jim White's trademark phrase "slams shut"

Rather than think of it like a project at work, I see it like Christmas shopping.  Hard deadline, great to be ahead of the game, but a variety of facts and circumstances conspiring to introduce delay.  Are you all done and dusted on 18th December?  I'm not. 

BedsFFC

Sadly, right now, anyne we are interested in, will be holding out for something better.

In many ways, we need to target a player that has gone off the boil and has something to prove. This was pretty much Roys strategy when he joined.

Babel fits the bill perfectly

The Rational Fan

Precisely.

100% Agree, I said early in the window we should consider old men like Robert Huth and Jermaine Defoe. Everyone was saying this is not the kind of quality we need to stay up, which is true but I think the best we can do is get together a squad of 25 players that want there first chance or last chance in the Premier League to prove themselves that no one else believes in. Hopefully a few arrive that prove they aren't too young, others that prove they arent too old and others that the bigger clubs underesimated them.

hovewhite

So guys even rumours have dried up,so much for multiple signings TK was forecasting.I am not really suprised.

Bill2

Quote from: hovewhite on January 23, 2019, 12:07:19 PM
So guys even rumours have dried up,so much for multiple signings TK was forecasting.I am not really suprised.
This is the most depressing post I have seen on here for a long time and I have to agree with it. Every day I look here and on the official site to hear something bit the silence is deafening. This was the week you had to do business to give a chance for any new boys to settle and get to know their team mates.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 23, 2019, 12:00:37 PM

Precisely.

100% Agree, I said early in the window we should consider old men like Robert Huth and Jermaine Defoe. Everyone was saying this is not the kind of quality we need to stay up, which is true but I think the best we can do is get together a squad of 25 players that want there first chance or last chance in the Premier League to prove themselves that no one else believes in. Hopefully a few arrive that prove they aren't too young, others that prove they arent too old and others that the bigger clubs underesimated them.

We still need to consider would they add anything to our squad if we sign them. Defoe would, but I don't think Huth would. Just signing squad players to boost the numbers won't save our season.

FFC1987

Quote from: Bill2 on January 23, 2019, 12:18:18 PM
This is the most depressing post I have seen on here for a long time and I have to agree with it. Every day I look here and on the official site to hear something bit the silence is deafening. This was the week you had to do business to give a chance for any new boys to settle and get to know their team mates.

Did we scare away all the ITK accounts calling BS or......is there just no signings coming......

Sting of the North

Quote from: Bill2 on January 23, 2019, 12:18:18 PM

Although I agree that it is disappointing to see no rumors, I don't think that this is necessarily indicative of whether or not there is a lot of activity. Most rumors seem to me to be 90 % made up anyway, although I can of course not know that.

Two Ton Ted

I said early in the window we should consider old men like Robert Huth and Jermaine Defoe.

Please! Enough about Robert Huth! He announced his retirement from the game over Christmas and has not been fit enough to play for over 18 months
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on January 23, 2019, 12:39:46 PM

I said early in the window we should consider old men like Robert Huth and Jermaine Defoe.

Please! Enough about Robert Huth! He announced his retirement from the game over Christmas and has not been fit enough to play for over 18 months

I say we offer him an 18-month 100k/week contract. Surely that would tempt him out of retirement.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 23, 2019, 12:44:20 PM

I say we offer him an 18-month 100k/week contract. Surely that would tempt him out of retirement.

Read a great interview with him. Came across really well. He admitted that he drinks more beer than exercise now. We should certainly get him down, but just for a few beers in Putney pre-game

Mince n Tatties

Southcoastffc

But after last Summer's influx of players, which helped destabilise the success of last season, do we really want "multiple signings".  I'd not want more than 2 - a CDM and a CB. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Steven Ageroad

I can't make my mind up, are you serious or having a laugh?!

twang

Josh Maja close to joining Bordeaux for £3,5m....

Sting of the North

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 23, 2019, 02:04:50 PM

I can't make my mind up, are you serious or having a laugh?!

Sorry, thought this was so obviously ridiculous that there should be no question, but to clarify I was trying to have a laugh. Obviously not entirely successful.