more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schürrle

Started by bornafulhamfan, January 12, 2019, 11:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: General on January 13, 2019, 08:21:41 PM
Two players scored own goals yesterday, our defence is the leakiest I think I've ever seen it and we have players we've paid £30 million sitting on the bench, not giving their all and you single out the player who scored for us and who has scored multiple goals for us this season (in a relegation threatened side where it's even more important) and can create something out of nothing and has class to find that extra yard and you single him out for criticism?

Beggars belief some on this board. I simply don't get it. I appreciate you may get frustrated because you think he could offer more because he's clearly talented, but out of what we've got singling him out at times like this seems extremely odd... especially as he's producing goods and is on a two year loan deal.

This is because there are many who are stuck in Slav time, or traditional hard-nosed Championship wingers. Anyone who doesn't perform like that template is considered a luxury player. In a world where we need someone who will take shots, and actually have those go in, yeah...I'll take Schurrle. Not to mention he and Mitro are completely in-sync, look at the Arsenal match as a good example.

I personally wasn't even a fan of Schurrle's at anytime, but for some reason I always feel like I have to defend him out of purely fighting the illogical statements made against him.

General

Feel some fans must be fairweather.. anyone who remembers even as far back as Lawrie sanchez let alone watching the team in old league two (that's as far back as my association goes sadly), Will appreciate the quality of players we have and the significance of a player who can create something out of nothing but also be bothered enough to at least contribute something. No player or person for that matter is perfect.. finding faults is easy, anyone can do that.. but fixing them is hard. Schurrle's the least of our problems though.

Woolly Mammoth

Schurrie is capable of winning games for us, but not capable of saving them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 14, 2019, 03:06:34 AM

A man needing convincing remains unconvinced.

fulhamben

when is he going to show us thatvhe is capable of winmg games for us, becauae we have only won 3 all season, and he has played in the majority of them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on January 14, 2019, 04:23:34 AM

A man needing convincing remains unconvinced.
If the team were convincing then we would all be convinced..... sadly we are mostly convinced it isn't convincing.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2019, 11:35:32 PM
Quote from: General on January 13, 2019, 08:21:41 PM
Two players scored own goals yesterday, our defence is the leakiest I think I've ever seen it and we have players we've paid £30 million sitting on the bench, not giving their all and you single out the player who scored for us and who has scored multiple goals for us this season (in a relegation threatened side where it's even more important) and can create something out of nothing and has class to find that extra yard and you single him out for criticism?

Beggars belief some on this board. I simply don't get it. I appreciate you may get frustrated because you think he could offer more because he's clearly talented, but out of what we've got singling him out at times like this seems extremely odd... especially as he's producing goods and is on a two year loan deal.

This is because there are many who are stuck in Slav time, or traditional hard-nosed Championship wingers. Anyone who doesn't perform like that template is considered a luxury player. In a world where we need someone who will take shots, and actually have those go in, yeah...I'll take Schurrle. Not to mention he and Mitro are completely in-sync, look at the Arsenal match as a good example.

I personally wasn't even a fan of Schurrle's at anytime, but for some reason I always feel like I have to defend him out of purely fighting the illogical statements made against him.

The main critisism I've seem against Schurrle is that his defensive abilities are poor and I don't think that could be described as illogical statements. He's obviously not a poor footballer but I'm not convinced he the best choice in a relegation fight with a leaking defense.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2019, 08:23:49 AM
when is he going to show us thatvhe is capable of winmg games for us, becauae we have only won 3 all season, and he has played in the majority of them
How many goals has he scored, he was the only one on the scoresheet on Saturday
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on January 14, 2019, 09:10:37 AM

he has scored 6. And we lost on Saturday

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2019, 10:42:37 AM

Ben, I know you dont like him, but I'm not sure Schurlle is the issue. Without his goals we would be in even worse trouble.
Maybe it would be easier if we went to 532/352 and allowed himk to stay up top with Mitro.
the crossing on our right and ablity to stop it was more down to Christie and odoi in my books. Given we play with pretty much 3 wide up top.
Just the views of a long term fan

alfie

Oh ok so clearly he was the reason we lost, get it now
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on January 14, 2019, 12:34:14 PM

Oh ok so clearly he was the reason we lost, get it now

nope, but clearly he didn't help us win either

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on January 14, 2019, 11:02:11 AM

Ben, I know you dont like him, but I'm not sure Schurlle is the issue. Without his goals we would be in even worse trouble.
Maybe it would be easier if we went to 532/352 and allowed himk to stay up top with Mitro.
the crossing on our right and ablity to stop it was more down to Christie and odoi in my books. Given we play with pretty much 3 wide up top.
you can say without his goals we would have been in worse trouble but there is no proof for that, because for all you know his replacement could have gone on to score goals himself, with assists and had motm performances. Before Burnley away, all I can say is we have looked far better when he has been replaced with either ak or sess.