more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (16/01/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 16, 2019, 07:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham looking to complete deal to bring in Simpson

Fulham are looking to tie up a deal to bring Danny Simpson back to west London from Leicester City.

The right-back, 32, was promoted with QPR in 2014 and later that year joined Leicester, where he went on to play a prominent role in the Foxes side which sensationally won the Premier League title under Claudio Ranieri.

Now Fulham boss Ranieri wants to take him to Craven Cottage to help keep the Whites in the top flight.

Ranieri is looking to shore up his defence and wants a more solid option at right-back.

Fulham want to end Timothy Fosu-Mensah's season-long loan from Manchester United, while Leicester have indicated that they are willing to let Simpson leave on loan.

Simpson, who won promotion from the Championship while on loan at Sunderland and then Newcastle prior to his time at QPR, has made just four league appearances for Leicester this season.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-looking-to-seal-signing-of-former-qpr-man

WhiteJC

Another Fulham player targeted for January exit, wouldn't be a great loss, opportunity for all involved

Transfer rumours relating to Fulham during the current transfer window have overwhelmingly been about players potentially arriving at the club.

Claudio Ranieri has made no secret of his desire, almost desperation, to get new faces in at the club and the Italian manager wants to add experience to his squad.

Fulham have been linked with moves for endless defenders, as clubs and agents likely see an opportunity to make some money from the Premier League side, and the Cottagers themselves move from target to target.

It's slightly reminiscent of the club's old chase for a striker which seemed to last for several windows during their Championship days.

Outgoing, it's Fabri getting a lot of attention, and a potential return to Turkish football.

Stefan Johansen has also been linked with a move.

Now L'Equipe report that Floyd Ayité is being 'followed closely' by Bordeaux with relation to a January transfer. The 30 year old has played 161 minutes for Fulham in the Premier League this season, split over seven substitute appearances.

What goes against him is that during his first spell with Bordeaux, the city he's from, he didn't do too well.

It wouldn't be a great loss for Fulham and would give the French club a roll of the dice and the player a fresh start.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-attacker-targeted-january-exit-wouldnt-great-loss-opportunity-involved/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Aboubakar Kamara involved in training ground disagreement during yoga

The pair have history with Kamara and Mitrovic arguing over who would take a penalty in the 2-1 win over Huddersfield

Fulham forwards Aleksandar Mitrovic and Aboubakar Kamara were involved in yet another disagreement with each other after a yoga session at Motspur Park.

This news comes on the back of yet another defeat for the club, their 14th of the season, after Burnley beat them 2-1 at Turf Moor without having a single shot on target.

It's not the first time that Mitrovic and Kamara have butted heads either - the pair infamously rowed with one another over who was taking a penalty against Huddersfield Town with the Frenchman eventually winning out before missing the penalty.

That led to Kamara feeling not only the wrath of the fans but also his manager, Claudio Ranieri, who said in his post match press conference after the game that he wanted 'to kill' Kamara.

Kamara wasn't in the squad for the trip to Burnley and the Sun, who first reported the incident, suggest that his time may be up at Fulham with Ranieri apparently indicating he would be happy to get rid of the 23-year-old after the disagreement at Motspur, although it is believed no punches were thrown during the incident.

It has not been a happy week at the club with Director of Football Operations, Tony Khan, also making headlines after he told a fan on Twitter to 'go to hell' in an exchange on the social media site.

The club sit in 19th place in the Premier League and are five points off safety with Ranieri saying last week that they need to bring quality into the club in order to survive, although at present no business has been done.

They've been linked with both Ryan Babel and Gary Cahill, both of whom have Premier League experience, but have yet to get a deal over the line for either player.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/aleksandar-mitrovic-aboubakar-kamara-involved-15679182

WhiteJC

Sunday Opening Hours

Due to Fulham hosting Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday (kick-off 4pm), please be aware of the following opening times:

Stadium Store: Opens at 12pm until the match kicks off, then re-opens for up to an hour post-match.

Ticket Office: Open from 11am until half-time. Will not re-open post-match.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/15/sunday-opening-hours

WhiteJC

Report explains why Gary Cahill has not joined Fulham from Chelsea

Gary Cahill was expected to leave Chelsea for their Premier League and West London rivals Fulham in the January transfer window.

Gary Cahill looked set to pack his bags and make the short trip across West London this month.

Love Sport Radio claimed at the start of January that the 33-year-old centre-back was on the verge of joining Fulham from local rivals Chelsea, a move that would be more than welcome at Craven Cottage given the defensive problems that continue to hamper Claudio Ranieri's side.

Almost two weeks later, however, the trail has grown cold.

And, according to the Mail, there is a reason for that. It is understood that Cahill is suddenly having second thoughts about joining Fulham and that could have something to do with their perilous position in the Premier League relegation zone.

The Cottagers are five points adrift in the bottom three and lost 2-1 away to Burnley on Saturday after conceding two, yes two, own goals. Cahill would undoubtedly shore up the top flight's worst backline but whether he alone is enough to save them from relegation is up for debate.

Fortunately for Cahill he should have other options, with the Mirror claiming that West Ham and Southampton are also interested.

The Hammers and The Saints are certainly better placed in the Premier League table than Fulham right now.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/15/do-report-explains-why-gary-cahill-hasnt-joined-fulham-from-chel/

WhiteJC

Report: Lucas Moura could return from injury in time for Tottenham Hotspur's next match

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has limited options to pick up-front at the weekend.

According to a report in the Guardian, Tottenham Hotspur's Lucas Moura could recover from injury in time to play this weekend.

Tottenham are set to take on Fulham on Saturday and they could be without a recognised senior number nine.

Harry Kane is set to be out with injury, while Heung Min Son is away at the Asian Cup.

It leaves Moura likely to be Mauricio Pochettino's first choice striker, but he is also out with injury currently.

Moura suffered a thigh injury last month, when Tottenham took on Tranmere in the FA Cup, but the 26-year-old flyer is close to a return now.

And the Guardian report that Moura could be back in action sooner than expected.

If Moura is fit to face Fulham it would be a major boost for Spurs, as they would surely carry more of an attacking threat with the former PSG man involved.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/15/report-lucas-moura-could-return-from-injury-in-time-for-tottenha/

WhiteJC

Club's board prefer other option to signing Fulham player, going against manager's wishes

Milliyet claim Besiktas manager Senol Gunes still wants to sign Fulham goalkeeper Fabri but the Turkish club's board are not entirely keen on bringing in the Spaniard just six months after he left to join the Premier League side.

We recently covered comments made by Gunes who stated he would love to be reunited with Fabri, but Milliyet claim the Besiktas hierarchy are insisting he must continue with Liverpool loanee Loris Karius at least until the end of the season.

According to the Turkish newspaper, Besiktas board are unable to offload the Liverpool player and are against the idea of having two foreign goalkeepers competing for the one spot in the second half of the season.

It's claimed unless something dramatic happens, Karius will stay as Besiktas' first choice goalkeeper but the Turkish club will open talks with Fabri in the summer.

There have been recent reports Besiktas had agreed personal terms with the Fulham outcast, but it seems they've done a u-turn due to Liverpool's Karius still being with the club.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-boards-prefer-option-signing-fulham-player-going-manager/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri keen on Danny Simpson transfer

Simpson has found his first team prospects hampered this term under Claude Puel

Danny Simpson is wanted by Fulham but remains in the dark over his future at Leicester.

The Foxes' former title-winning boss Claudio Ranieri is keen on the right-back to boost his survival bid.

Ex-Manchester United trainee Simpson,32, is out of contract at the King Power Stadium this summer but was a regular in their 2015/2016 Premier League triumph.

He has fallen down the pecking order behind last summer's £20million signing Ricardo Pereira.

It has limited Simpson to just seven first-team appearances in total this season under Claude Puel.

But Simpson featured in the wins over Everton and Manchester City over Christmas and is now waiting to learn what the Foxes intend to do with him.

Decision-making at the King Power Stadium has been complicated by the tragic loss of owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in a devastating helicopter crash in October.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-boss-claudio-ranieri-keen-13860111

WhiteJC

Babel Signs For Fulham

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Babel on a permanent transfer from Besiktas, with the deal running until the end of the season.

A versatile attacker who is comfortable operating anywhere along the frontline, Babel already has plenty of experience of English football, having made 146 appearances for Liverpool during a three-and-a-half year stint on Merseyside.

The 32-year-old Netherlands international has been assigned the number 12 shirt.

Speaking to fulhamfctv upon signing, Babel said: "My first impressions are good and I'm very excited.

"I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up. That's one of the reasons that I'm here, to try and help that to happen. I'm ready to go, I'm excited and I can't wait."

Tony Khan added: "Ryan has excelled at playing attacking football on both the club and international stage, and we welcome that experience as we build our squad for a strong second-half push with nine important home fixtures remaining, beginning Sunday when Spurs visit the Cottage.

"Ryan scored 15 goals across all competitions last season and arrives with the support of our Manager. Claudio and I are confident that Ryan's return to the Premier League here will be every bit as good for him as his addition will be good for our squad. Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/15/ryan-babel-signs-for-fulham

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham eye move for West Ham forward Michail Antonio

According to reports from ESPN, struggling Premier League side Fulham are interested in signing West Ham forward Michail Antonio in the January transfer window.

Antonio, who is on £70k-per-week wages at the club, is a key player for Manuel Pellegrini and the the Hammers are determined to keep him at the club.

The versatile forward, who can also play in midfield and at full-back positions, has made 19 Premier League appearances, starting 11 of those, scoring two goals and providing three assists.

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri is desperately looking to bolster his squad during the January transfer window, and has earmarked the 28-year-old as a fantastic option for his side.

Antonio is a fantastic player, and would be a very good signing for Fulham. However, with Mark Arnautovic's future now hanging in balance, it is highly unlikely that West Ham will sanction his departure.

However, Fulham are one of the high spenders in the league, and it remains to be seen whether they submit any tempting bid for Antonio as Ranieri is looking to steer the club to Premier League safety.

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-eye-move-for-west-ham-forward-michail-antonio/256165/

WhiteJC

Ryan Babel: Career So Far

Born in Amsterdam, Ryan Babel joined local side Ajax aged 11 and progressed through their famed academy, making his senior debut shortly after his 17th birthday when he claimed an assist in a 4-0 Eredivisie victory over ADO Den Haag.

The following season – 2004/05 – he began to really establish himself in the Ajax side, scoring seven goals in 20 top flight appearances, while he was also given his first taste of Champions League football when he started matches against Juventus and Bayern Munich.

After scoring 24 times in 111 appearances for Ajax, Babel made the move to Liverpool in the summer of 2007. He immediately became a regular for the Reds, featuring 49 times in his maiden campaign as they finished fourth in the Premier League and reached the Semi-Finals of the Champions League where he scored against Chelsea, one of 10 goals he netted that season.

Babel was heavily involved again in 2008/09 as Liverpool finished second in the league, just four points behind Manchester United, while the following campaign he helped them reach the Europa League Semi-Finals where they beaten by Atletico Madrid, kyboshing the prospect of an all-English showdown with Fulham in Hamburg.

He departed Liverpool midway through the 2010/11 season just shy of 150 appearances, during which he scored 22 times. The Bundesliga was his next destination with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, where he played 51 times prior to rejoining Ajax 18 months later.

In his one season back with his hometown club they won the Eredivisie title, with Babel scoring four goals in 16 league outings.

A three year spell in Turkey followed with Kasimpaşa S.K. who he represented 59 times, scoring 14 goals and assisting 12, before a brief stint with Arabian Gulf League champions Al Ain.

Babel then signed a short term deal with Deportivo de la Coruna for the first half of the 2016/17 season, and he impressed with five goals in 12 matches. Deportivo were keen to extend his stay, but he opted to return to Turkey with Besiktas in January 2017.

He made an immediate impact, featuring significantly as Besiktas won the Süper Lig that year. He departs having scored 29 times in 89 outings.

When he scored on his debut for the Netherlands in March 2005, Babel became the youngest player to find the net for Holland in almost 70 years. He has now scored eight times in 54 appearances for his country, the most recent coming in a Nations League meeting with France last September.

He was part of the Netherlands squad at both the 2006 and 2010 World Cups, while he would also have appeared at Euro 2008 had it not been for an ankle injury.

Furthermore, Babel enjoyed success for his nation at Under-21 level, putting in a man of the match display and scoring as they won the European Championships in 2007 with a 4-1 win over Serbia in the Final.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/january/15/ryan-babel-career-so-far

WhiteJC

Ryan Babel: Fulham sign former Liverpool winger from Besiktas

Babel has played in Spain, Turkey, Holland, Germany and the UAE since leaving Liverpool

Fulham have signed former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel from Turkish side Besiktas.

The 32-year-old Dutch international, who spent three and a half years at Anfield, has joined the club until the end of the season.

Fulham are 19th in the Premier League and five points from safety.

"I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up," said Babel, who has scored six goals this season. "That's one of the reasons that I'm here."

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan added: "Ryan has excelled at playing attacking football on both the club and international stage, and we welcome that experience as we build our squad for a strong second-half push.

"Claudio [Ranieri] and I are confident that Ryan's return to the Premier League here will be every bit as good for him as his addition will be good for our squad."

After leaving Liverpool in 2007, Babel had spells at Hoffenheim, Ajax, Turkish side Kasımpasa, Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates and Deportivo de La Coruna, before arriving at Besiktas in 2017.

He has won 54 caps for the Netherlands, scoring eight goals, the most recent of which came against France in the Nations League in September.

Babel was also part of the Dutch squad that lost in the final of the 2010 World Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46884791

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Babel from Besiktas

32-year-old Dutch forward moves to Craven Cottage on permanent deal

Fulham have announced the signing of Ryan Babel from Besiktas for an undisclosed fee for the rest of the season.

The 32-year-old Dutch forward returns to the Premier League after an eight-year absence, having made 91 Premier League appearances with Liverpool, scoring 12 goals and providing five assists.

He is Claudio Ranieri's first signing of the January transfer window as Fulham seek a way out of the relegation zone.

"I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up," Babel told Fulham's official website. "That's one of the reasons that I'm here, to try and help that to happen.

"I'm ready to go, I'm excited and I can't wait."

Babel could make his debut when Fulham are at home to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/975740

WhiteJC

Fulham sign former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel from Besiktas on short-term deal until the end of the season

Ryan Babel made 146 appearances in the Premier League with Liverpool 
    Dutch forward was permitted to leave Besiktas and join Fulham on short deal
    Fulham are looking to strengthen in bid to avoid relegation from top flight
    The 32-year-old said: 'I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up'

Former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel has signed for Fulham on a permanent deal from Besiktas until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old Dutchman made his name in the Premier League over three-and-a-half seasons with the Reds and is back in the English top flight on a short contract.

Speaking to fulhamfctv upon signing, Babel said: 'My first impressions are good and I'm very excited.

Ryan Babel will spend six months with Fulham as they bid to avoid relegation

'I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up. That's one of the reasons that I'm here, to try and help that to happen. I'm ready to go, I'm excited and I can't wait.'

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan added: 'Ryan has excelled at playing attacking football on both the club and international stage, and we welcome that experience as we build our squad for a strong second-half push with nine important home fixtures remaining, beginning Sunday when Spurs visit the Cottage.

'Ryan scored 15 goals across all competitions last season and arrives with the support of our manager.

'Claudio and I are confident that Ryan's return to the Premier League here will be every bit as good for him as his addition will be good for our squad. Come on Fulham!'

The Dutchman will give Claudio Ranieri another option to call on in the final third

The 32-year-old is in the twilight of his career but still has plenty to offer in front of goal

Babel scored six goals and set up one in 19 games this campaign for Besiktas.

He has enjoyed a varied career across the world, playing 146 times for the Reds between 2007 and 2011 before moving to Hoffenheim.

He then returned to Ajax before joining Turkish side Kasimpasa, Al Ain in the UAE and then Deportivo La Coruna.

Fulham are in desperate need of a cutting edge in the final third and are currently five points from safety.

Besiktas allowed Babel to leave the club and join the Cottagers on a six month deal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6595251/Fulham-sign-former-Liverpool-forward-Ryan-Babel-loan-Besiktas-end-season.html

WhiteJC

Fulham sign former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel from Besiktas on deal until end of season

Babel has Premier League experience with Liverpool between 2007-2011 Credit: ANADOLU

Fulham have completed the signing of former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel from Besiktas.

The 32-year-old Holland international, who made 146 appearances during his three-and-a-half year spell at Anfield, has signed a deal until the end of the season.

The Cottagers are second bottom of the Premier League after Claudio Ranieri's side lost 2-1 at fellow relegation-battlers Burnley on Saturday.

Babel told Fulham's official website: "My first impressions are good and I'm very excited.

"I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up. That's one of the reasons that I'm here, to try and help that to happen. I'm ready to go, I'm excited and I can't wait."

Babel, who had scored six goals in 19 games for the Turkish side in all competitions so far this season, is expected to go straight into Ranieri's squad for the visit of Tottenham to Craven Cottage on Sunday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/15/fulham-sign-former-liverpool-winger-ryan-babel-besiktas-deal/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Ryan Babel from Besiktas

Fulham have signed former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel from Besiktas on a permanent deal.

The 32-year-old Netherlands international has signed a deal until the end of the season with the west London club, who are 19th in the Premier League.

Babel, who has 54 caps for his country, has played for a host of clubs since his three-and-a-half year spell at Anfield, which ended in 2011.

"My first impressions are good and I'm very excited," Babel told Fulhamfctv.

"I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up. That's one of the reasons that I'm here, to try and help that to happen.

"I'm ready to go, I'm excited and I can't wait."

Babel moved to Hoffenheim from Liverpool, before returning to his boyhood club Ajax a year later. He then had stints with Turkish side Kasimpasa, Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates and Deportivo de La Coruna, before joining Besiktas in 2017.

Fulham have failed to maintain the attacking prowess they displayed when earning promotion from the Sky Bet Championship last season and have scored just 20 goals in 22 Premier League games this season.

Their struggles led to a change of manager in November, as Slavisa Jokanovic was replaced by former Chelsea and Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri.

"Ryan has excelled at playing attacking football on both the club and international stage, and we welcome that experience as we build our squad for a strong second-half push with nine important home fixtures remaining," Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan said.

"Ryan scored 15 goals across all competitions last season and arrives with the support of our manager.

"Claudio and I are confident that Ryan's return to the Premier League here will be every bit as good for him as his addition will be good for our squad."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11608327/fulham-sign-ryan-babel-from-besiktas

WhiteJC

Fulham transfer news: Cottagers confirm signing of former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel

The Dutch winger, who made 146 appearances for Liverpool, joins Fulham until the end of the season

Ryan Babel has signed for Fulham on a permanent transfer from Besiktas

Babel, who made 146 appearances during a three-and-a-half year stint at Liverpool, has signed a short-term contract which will expire at the end of the season.

The 32-year-old Dutch international has made 19 appearances for Besiktas this season, scoring six goals in all competitions.

"My first impressions are good and I'm very excited," Babel said to Fulhamfctv after the moved was confirmed.

Fulham vice chairman Tony Khan added: "Ryan scored 15 goals across all competitions last season and arrives with the support of our Manager. Claudio and I are confident that Ryan's return to the Premier League here will be every bit as good for him as his addition will be good for our squad. Come on Fulham!"

Fulham are currently lagging five points clear of safety in the relegation zone, winning just three of their 22 matches.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-fulham-liverpool-ryan-babel-signing-besiktas-rumours-gossip-a8729601.html

WhiteJC

Ryan Babel has a strong message for the Fulham fans as former Liverpool man joins Whites

Frontman has signed until the end of the season

Ryan Babel has signed for Fulham.

And he has set out his stall nice and early - saying that he is here to save Fulham from relegation.

Babel has signed a deal with the Whites until the end of the season, joining from Turkish side Besiktas.

The 32-year-old spent three and a half years in the Premier League with Liverpool from 2007 to 2011, scoring 21 goals in all competitions.

He started this season on fire for Besiktas, scoring five goals in his first seven appearances for the club.

But he has not found the back of the net since then and has now made the permanent move to Craven Cottage.

Fulham are second bottom in the Premier League, following their promotion last season, five points adrift of saftey. But the Dutch international believes he can help the club to stay in the league.

Speaking to fulhamfctv, he said: "My first impressions are good and I'm very excited.

Ryan Babel scores against Arsenal in the 2008 Champions League quarter final second leg

Babel's first game could be this weekend's Sunday afternoon clash with high-flying Tottenham, who received the news that star man Harry Kane will be out until March today.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/ryan-babel-strong-message-fulham-15683678

WhiteJC

Fulham Signs Ryan Babel From Besiktas on Deal Through End of the Season

Fulham have confirmed the permanent signing of Ryan Babel from Besiktas for an undisclosed fee, on a deal set to run until the end of the season.

The Cottagers had been linked with a loan move for the Dutchman, with striking additions required considering their meagre total of just 20 goals in 22 Premier League games. But it has now turned into a permanent deal, though they will be able to decide on his future at the end of the season.

The former Liverpool forward played 146 times for the Reds across competitions, and after inconsistent spells with Hoffenheim, Ajax and Deportivo La Coruna among others, found his feet once again with the Turkish giants in 2017. He has now been reinstated in the Dutch national team, and is expected to figure against England in the UEFA Nations League semifinals.

In an official statement, Fulham confirmed: "The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Babel on a permanent transfer from Besiktas, with the deal running until the end of the season.

"The 32-year-old Netherlands international has been assigned the number 12 shirt."

Speaking to Fulhamfctv upon the announcement, Babel declared: "My first impressions are good and I'm very excited.

Claudio Ranieri's side currently sit in 19th position, five points from safety, with their most recent outing a disappointing 2-1 loss to Burnley.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/01/15/fulham-confirm-signing-ryan-babel-besiktas-deal-until-end-season

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Dutch forward Babel from Besiktas

(Reuters) - Fulham have signed Dutch international forward Ryan Babel from Turkish club Besiktas on a permanent deal running until the end of the season, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.

Babel makes a return to the English game, having made 146 appearances for Liverpool during his three-and-a-half year stint on Merseyside between 2007 and 2011.

The 32-year-old is manager Claudio Ranieri's first signing of the January window as 19th-placed Fulham seek a way out of the Premier League relegation zone.

"I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up," Babel told the club's website.

"That's one of the reasons that I'm here, to try and help that to happen. I'm ready to go, I'm excited and I can't wait."

Babel could make his debut when Fulham host Tottenham Hotspur in the league on Sunday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-ful-babel/fulham-sign-dutch-forward-babel-from-besiktas-idUKKCN1P92GA?rpc=401&;