more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rate the DEFENDERS

Started by AnOldBrownie, January 20, 2019, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Christie, Odoi, MLM, Ream, Bryan

And I'm going to include Chambers too because I thought he was that good today.

Christie-6
Odoi-6
MLM-7
Ream-3
Bryan-5

Chambers-7

People talk about how Claudio's system has improved Fulham's defensive numbers.    It's not the system.   It's playing Calum Chambers as a CDM.

The players behind him are still average to poor.

51 goals conceded in the premiere league after 23 games.   That's never been done before.

Nero

THough Chambers is playing well as the CDM, I think it may be time to drop him back to CD, know he was a bit shaky to start with but think he could do the job that we need at the moment he couldn't be any worse

jarv

Bryan Ream Odoi and Christie are just not premier standard.  All are littered with mistakes I feel. A for effort today but as usual, a D for achievement.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Nero on January 20, 2019, 06:20:41 PM
THough Chambers is playing well as the CDM, I think it may be time to drop him back to CD, know he was a bit shaky to start with but think he could do the job that we need at the moment he couldn't be any worse

That move would increase the pressure on the back.    He's not fast, but his work rate (compared to every other midfielder we have including Seri) is like night and day.   He's the one that keeps running like he's a footballer that has EPL experience.

Take that work rate out of the midfield and replace it with...who?   Cairney and Seri as a midfield two?    That's an extra goal a game conceded.

davew

Chambers 7, Christie 6, MLM 6, Odoi 4, Ream and Bryan 2, generous marks.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nero

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 20, 2019, 06:30:20 PM
Quote from: Nero on January 20, 2019, 06:20:41 PM

That move would increase the pressure on the back.    He's not fast, but his work rate (compared to every other midfielder we have including Seri) is like night and day.   He's the one that keeps running like he's a footballer that has EPL experience.

Take that work rate out of the midfield and replace it with...who?   Cairney and Seri as a midfield two?    That's an extra goal a game conceded.

we arent wining with him there, and something needs to change at the back if we arent signing anyone, cisse hasnt done bad when hes come on, we have to try something different

milis

Rico 4, Christie 5, MLM 6, Odoi 4, Ream 3, Bryan 3

FulhamStu

Christie - 5
Odoi - 6
Max - 7
Ream - 4
Bryan - 5
Chambers - 8

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 20, 2019, 06:41:31 PM
Christie - 5
Odoi - 6
Max - 7
Ream - 4
Bryan - 5
Chambers - 8

Sans Chambers...something tells me that will be Fulham's back line next season.   And they'll probably do a good job in the championship.

They just aren't starters for any other EPL side...and I say that thinking that Chambers and MLM can be decent on their day.

fcfulham55

Christie - 2
Odoi - 3
Max - 6
Ream - 3
Bryan - 4
Chambers 7

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Dodger53

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 20, 2019, 08:00:19 PM

Christie - 2
Odoi - 3
Max - 6
Ream - 3
Bryan - 4
Chambers 7
0001.jpeg

AnOldBrownie

Christie - 2
Odoi - 3
Max - 6
Ream - 3
Bryan - 4
Chambers 7

How do you rate Christie lower than Ream?   I thought he was decent offensively and defensively.  5 maybe...but a 2?

the nutflush

Can we please please please Mr Khan get some proper defenders in!!!  The problem sticks out like dogs balls and yet here we still talking about the same issues we have all season.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 20, 2019, 08:04:01 PM

Christie - 2
Odoi - 3
Max - 6
Ream - 3
Bryan - 4
Chambers 7

How do you rate Christie lower than Ream?   I thought he was decent offensively and defensively.  5 maybe...but a 2?

Christie was awful, he dashes down the wing then gets surrounded by 2 or 3 of the opposition and hasn't got a clue what to do with it. The last 10-15 minutes of the game he ran is if he was running in porridge! An average championship player at best.

brightster

Thought the left side was wide open again, Ream and Bryan too far apart and Bryan keeps either going to far up or seems to drift over to the right side, chases his man literally instead of handing over to someone else.
Christie-6
Odoi-6
MLM-8 - Thought it was his best game for us today, solid, good in the air and his passing was very good today.
Ream-3
Bryan-4

Chambers-8

Defiantly need a new CB if not 2, RB (Although Christie isn't bad) and a LB with experience.

Steeeeeeeeeed

We could find that old Michael Jackson statue and use it as a Centre Back.

Dodger53

Christie is hopeless but today he seemed to play further up the field and probably had one of his better games.. Still useless but slightly better.

Statto

Christie - 2
Odoi - 3
Max - 6
Ream - 2
Bryan - 2

Chambers - 8

fcfulham55

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 20, 2019, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 20, 2019, 08:04:01 PM

Christie - 2
Odoi - 3
Max - 6
Ream - 3
Bryan - 4
Chambers 7

Christie was awful, he dashes down the wing then gets surrounded by 2 or 3 of the opposition and hasn't got a clue what to do with it. The last 10-15 minutes of the game he ran is if he was running in porridge! An average championship player at best.

Nailed it.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Milo

Or BUY new defenders in the window we are currently halfway through!!