watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rate the DEFENDERS

Started by AnOldBrownie, January 20, 2019, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWSixer

Ream and Christie just awful. Hello Championship.

hovewhite

Left side of defence useless,there first goal should of been cleared,as for the second no reaction to the ball accross bloody awful defending.
Revert to a 4 with Chambers,MLM c,b right side FB odoi left lB sess,as he's far better than Bryan.

the nutflush

Quote from: Milo on January 20, 2019, 08:47:53 PM
Or BUY new defenders in the window we are currently halfway through!!

Its just so crazy it just might work!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: hovewhite on January 20, 2019, 09:06:41 PM
Left side of defence useless,there first goal should of been cleared,as for the second no reaction to the ball accross bloody awful defending.
Revert to a 4 with Chambers,MLM c,b right side FB odoi left lB sess,as he's far better than Bryan.

I agree a four man defense of "Odoi, Chambers, MLM and Ryan Sessegnon" may keep us up. The 6-1-3 formation makes it too difficult to score more than a goal a game and we still leak two goals in game regularly.

Kelowna man

Christie - 2
Odoi - 6
Max - 7
Ream - 3
Bryan - 2
Chambers - 8

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 20, 2019, 08:32:09 PM
We could find that old Michael Jackson statue and use it as a Centre Back.

Unfortnately, the "Michael Jackson statue" cannot play as he is working at Motspur Park on Fulham's recruitment for the Winter Transfer Window.

The Rational Fan

Rating of Backs /10

Mawson - 8
Chambers - 7
MLM - 6
RyanSess- 6
Odoi - 5
Bryan - 4
Christie - 3
Ream - 2

You cannot have two weak players (<=5/10) next to each other on the field. Teams are clearly aiming their attacks between "Christie and Odoi" or "Ream and Bryan". Teams attack down the right side (Christie/Odoi) and then cross on to the far right post (Ream/Bryan/Seri), which is frankly a winning formula for any team decent down the left wing with a tall right sided player that can head the ball (with tall being any player over 175cm like Harry Winks).

ffcne

So Seri was not playing defensive midfield as well (Played decently)
Looked to me like he was .
Because as an attacking force the midfield was non existent.
One of our main problems .Playing with 7 defenders and 3 forwards.
To me nothing in the middle.
We are crying out for a box to box midfielder, Drinkwater?

hovewhite

Quote from: The Rational Fan link=topic=6thats about the best available9597.msg1031222#msg1031222 date=1548037442

I agree a four man defense of "Odoi, Chambers, MLM and Ryan Sessegnon" may keep us up. The 6-1-3 formation makes it too difficult to score more than a goal a game and we still leak two goals in game regularly.
that's about the best available the others are lower league standard unfortunately.

ffcne

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 21, 2019, 02:24:02 AM

To me looks like it is 7-0-3 formation with Seri playing defensive as well.

The Rational Fan

Would buying Fredricks, Kalas, Targett or Norwood make a difference?

bornafulhamfan

I'll try to l rank them :
MLM
Christie
Odoi
Bryan
Ream

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 21, 2019, 03:26:40 AM
Rating of Backs /10

Mawson - 8
Chambers - 7
MLM - 6
RyanSess- 6
Odoi - 5
Bryan - 4
Christie - 3
Ream - 2

You cannot have two weak players (<=5/10) next to each other on the field. Teams are clearly aiming their attacks between "Christie and Odoi" or "Ream and Bryan". Teams attack down the right side (Christie/Odoi) and then cross on to the far right post (Ream/Bryan/Seri), which is frankly a winning formula for any team decent down the left wing with a tall right sided player that can head the ball (with tall being any player over 175cm like Harry Winks).

Err Mawson didn't play.

toshes mate

Have we stopped defending from the front?  Looking at Mitro, the answer is no, looking at others, especially in midfield, the answer is yes.  Neither Christie nor Bryan were fit for purpose as wing backs yesterday and were not helped by their midfield cover either.  We were undone by dangerous crosses that were a continuous feature of our opponent's game.  Our problems are organisational and self inflicted failures to hold onto possession sufficiently well sufficiently often.  I do hope there are some good signings to come because what we have at the moment is not going to be good enough.   

Milo

Rewatched highlights today.

1st goal obviously started by Ream's miskick but Odoi was marking the eventual goal scorer and let him drift away, as well as not even attempting to head the ball clear. Christie tried his best to pick up the pieces but didn't stand much of a chance.

2nd goal the three Spurs players were being man marked by a Fulham player each. It was Bryan who let Winks score and, although the cross was angled in on goal so was tough to defend, you would have thought he could do better.

Leveller

I'm a Bristol City fan, just following JB's "progress".

He's always been better going forward than defending, and from the limited highlights I've seen he is whipping in some good crosses for you.

On the other hand he should not have let Winks past him for the winner. That said, he often seems to be caught on the line trying to keep the ball out - and frankly most of the damage has been done by then. There doesn't seem to be much success in preventing through balls and crosses into your six yard box. So is the weakness really in midfield?