watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, January 20, 2019, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Thought we were a rad unlucky to lose that game. Spurs, despite their dominance, were in my opinion, disappointing. For those of you who are continually saying we had no fight, couldn't say that today.

Fernhurst

Thank you Mr P....
Must have have been a really difficult to watch that cruel result.
I'm absolutely gutted, can't think what the comments were like leaving the ground.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Steven Ageroad

The first half, with Babel in the side, was the best football I'd seen this season. Once Babel is fit and up to speed things look positive, unlike the right back position.

JoelH5

We have 9 days before Brighton. I pray PRAY Tony gets a CB and RB in or it well and truly is curtains.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

S.F.Sorrow

Very good first half. Not so good second half.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 20, 2019, 08:25:45 PM
The first half, with Babel in the side, was the best football I'd seen this season. Once Babel is fit and up to speed things look positive, unlike the right back position.
Im a fan of schurlle but am convinced that the right back position looks so poor as they get no cover. I'm not digging as I'm the eternal optimist but Christie constantly has two to cover when we loose the ball. Not saying he's cafu like but he's not as bad as the hammering he takes on here

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

mancwhite

Think we desperately need someone like Moses - Christie put in a shift but chose the wrong option going forward too many times - gave away some sill free kicks.
Your just too good to be true Fulham

bog

What a sickener.

092.gif

nose returns

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 20, 2019, 08:28:40 PM
We have 9 days before Brighton. I pray PRAY Tony gets a CB and RB in or it well and truly is curtains.

i am sorry to have to break it to you this way but if you are relying in TK to bring in the right players before brighton then do not hold your breath to long. now he could amaze us and get a few tomorrow or tuesday but I suspect if he does they will a) not be match fit, b) already injured or c) about to be injured putting on their boots, d) out of form or e) unkown poor players withan inflated reputation but good you tube vodeos showing their three best moments. TK has no idea and I am afraid it is curtains for us this season.... we will be lucky to get 25 points.

SuffolkWhite

I thought we were a tad unlucky to, although it makes a change having a bit of luck with their own goal.

I think it is in the stars that we go down, I thought we would put in a better performance today but for some reason always thought we would lose by a goal.

Every defensive error we make we get punished, Mitro was fouled most of the game and got little from the Ref and possibly could have had two pen's......like I say its in the stars.

If we get out of this it will go down as the greatest of escapes, cue "Escape to Victory"!!!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

Quote from: corbs83 on January 20, 2019, 08:34:04 PM
Im a fan of schurlle but am convinced that the right back position looks so poor as they get no cover. I'm not digging as I'm the eternal optimist but Christie constantly has two to cover when we loose the ball. Not saying he's cafu like but he's not as bad as the hammering he takes on here

Agree with this, I mentioned it a couple of times during the game.  Schurrle has some fine qualities but he doesn't help his right back at all. 

Bill2

Quote from: corbs83 on January 20, 2019, 08:34:04 PM

While Schurlie has a fantastic shot on him he can't pass for toffee, a number of short passes were made to a Spurs player yesterday and that is why Christie is left out of position, he has gone forward and then we give the ball away with a sloppy pass, something we were very guilty of yesterday. Then he has to chase back.

I thought that was one of our best performances of the season, fought hard and worked our socks off. Babel looked very good and from my perspective Chambers was outstanding.

SG

Quote from: nose on January 20, 2019, 09:49:45 PM

i am sorry to have to break it to you this way but if you are relying in TK to bring in the right players before brighton then do not hold your breath to long. now he could amaze us and get a few tomorrow or tuesday but I suspect if he does they will a) not be match fit, b) already injured or c) about to be injured putting on their boots, d) out of form or e) unkown poor players withan inflated reputation but good you tube vodeos showing their three best moments. TK has no idea and I am afraid it is curtains for us this season.... we will be lucky to get 25 points.

Another thread hijacked with the same old moaning from the same old posters

KJS

Quote from: nose on January 20, 2019, 09:49:45 PM

Yawn Yawn Yawn change the record as you obvious hate towards TK has really become a bore!! :doh:

Burt

Considering I was expecting a tonking before the match I thought the lads acquitted themselves quite well. For the most part we held out at the back, and did muster up quite a few chances. As seems to be our way, two errors lead to two goals.

Shame, as we were only 10 seconds away from giving the team a standing ovation. Such are the slim margins between success and failure, joy and gloom, etc.

Peabody

Meant to take a photo of the moon over the Johnny Haynes Stand, very impressive.

filham

Well no one could accuse our players of not fighting in that match, every one of them gave all we could ask of them. Spurs lucky with such a late goal and of course they did have the skills of a top six team.
Full marks to Ranieri for his tactics and for motivating the team, lets have more of the same against Brighton.

RaySmith

Quote from: filham on January 21, 2019, 10:09:08 PM
Well no one could accuse our players of not fighting in that match, every one of them gave all we could ask of them. Spurs lucky with such a late goal and of course they did have the skills of a top six team.
Full marks to Ranieri for his tactics and for motivating the team, lets have more of the same against Brighton.

0001.jpeg

Matt10

Quote from: filham on January 21, 2019, 10:09:08 PM

0001.jpeg