watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cahill not coming because

Started by The Swan, January 21, 2019, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppus

We are still favorites @ sky sports transfer bets.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 21, 2019, 08:50:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 21, 2019, 06:39:07 PM
Sensible decision. If we gave him 120k a week for 18 months and go down we are in trouble. Those kind of wages would pay for 3-5 top championship players.

Agree 100%

It is rumoured that Anguissa's contact lowers his current wage of £67,000 dramatically if we go down and Gary Cahill didn't want that clause. Gary Cahill will jump to Fulham if it's us or Huddersfield.

Woolly Mammoth

Gary Cahill would have been the ideal player we could have done with.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Wouldn't be a surprise to see a deal agreed.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2019, 06:53:31 AM
Gary Cahill would have been the ideal player we could have done with.

+1 absolutely

Pieter A’dam

if the money is more important than him than playing football, OK that is his decision and move on. If this is his mindset, not too sure he would fight to keep us up ....

ScalleysDad

In a way all these negotiations have come down to throwing a dart whilst blindfolded into a spinning dart board with yes/no written on it. Cahill won't be here in time to offer 110 percent against Brighton and as has been said if we lose that it's virtually lights out so we will have a mercenary tagging along until May.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 22, 2019, 06:01:20 AM
It is rumoured that Anguissa's contact lowers his current wage of £67,000 dramatically if we go down

If true that would, for once, be a great bit of business from the club. All the big summer signings are on long contracts. It would be great if we could keep them here on lower wages next year. A year playing together in the Championship, to compensate for its failings this season and come back stronger in 20/21, would be just the tonic this group of players need. 

nose returns

Quote from: MJG on January 21, 2019, 10:02:26 PM
Quote from: nose on January 21, 2019, 09:56:37 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 21, 2019, 06:39:07 PM
Sensible decision. If we gave him 120k a week for 18 months and go down we are in trouble. Those kind of wages would pay for 3-5 top championship players.
we need a top class center half, he was available, do you have an alternative suggestion of a player that may make a similar impact?
you don't know what impact he will make. Last played a game in late November.
You will note I said sensible because of the 18 month possibility. Short term I'm still not sure he's right for us but maybe worth the gamble... But not longer because of the cost.
We went down last time with over 30's with no value on  40k plus a week, let's learn by our mistakes and not do that again.

I noted your comments and understand the rational but I was asking do you know of an alternative that presents such a good possibility to hit the ground running. Personally I don't know anyone else and I think at that salary he is taking the wattsit and agree is a non starter. However, with a little imagination I suspect he could have been tempted with a carrot such as be more reasonable now and if we stay up we will improve your salary, for all  i know they tried that.

As it is he is an idiot sitting on the bench and he seemed such a good fit. Perhaps with that attitude he wasn't the right man, But we still need a center half.

Bill2

I am not sure what he wants. He is 33 years old and he wants a long contract, not sure where he is going to get that but it won't be with a premier ship club. The best he can hope for is a year with a Championship club but not on 120k a week. So he comes to us or sits on his backside at Chelsea. He needs to come quick to take advantage of the free week so he can start training with the rest of the team and get match fit

BigbadBillyMcKinley

£120 grand a week? Really? And people bulked at the idea of paying fredricks half that.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bill2 on January 23, 2019, 12:14:42 PM
I am not sure what he wants. He is 33 years old and he wants a long contract, not sure where he is going to get that but it won't be with a premier ship club. The best he can hope for is a year with a Championship club but not on 120k a week. So he comes to us or sits on his backside at Chelsea. He needs to come quick to take advantage of the free week so he can start training with the rest of the team and get match fit

He can go to China or the MLS.   The MLS doesn't normally shell out big money for defenders though.

MJG

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on January 24, 2019, 12:01:40 AM
£120 grand a week? Really? And people bulked at the idea of paying fredricks half that.
yes, because at the time he wanted a new contract signed we were still in the championship with no guarantee we would get promoted.
Just the views of a long term fan

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2019, 05:59:17 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on January 24, 2019, 12:01:40 AM
yes, because at the time he wanted a new contract signed we were still in the championship with no guarantee we would get promoted.

Still a no from me. Cheaper options. Younger option. Better options.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Mince n Tatties

Cahill to Fulham or Monaco who are bottom of French league is the word.
With Henry about to be sacked after just 15 games in charge,who will he choose?

john dempsey

a nice walk to the ground along Monaco beach front.
or a walk round butterwick and up the Fulham palace road
hmmm. let me think about that..