watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To put it all into perspective

Started by sunburywhite, January 21, 2019, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

I suspect many of us have our fathers to thank (?) for introducing us to Fulham. Mine first took me in 1957 and my brother in 1963. Between us we have 4 sons all regulars at the Cottage and now the first grandson aged 5 is going. He has his football kit, kisses the badge and wants everything Fulham. Poor chap little does he know what he is letting himself in for but there was no chance of him supporting any other team. So the cycle goes on and gives us all some wonderful memories as well as many frustrations. It creates a strong bond between the generations

sunburywhite

Many thanks to all of you for the kind words. I guess it shows what a bond the club has with our lives

Thank you to Milo as well
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Swan

Condolences to you sunburywhite for your loss.
I lost my dad when he was 60 years old and my younger brother when he was only 55.
My dad did not go to watch Fulham but my brother was a season ticket holder like me.
He lived in Bedford and went to every game home and away.
I took my brother to his first Fulham game.
What memories we have from those days.
The Swan

Barrett487

So sorry for your loss SunburyWhite. Perspective is a great leveller.

Supporter losses often go unnoticed, so i'm glad you've given us the opportunity to pay respects.

9739.gif

KJS

Condolences to you Sunbury White its a hard thing to lose your Dad  9739.gif Mine died 3 weeks before we were promoted to the Premier league yet even now he still always seems to be closer to my thoughts whenever I am at the Cottage, I suppose its because we spent so much time there together in my youth and adult years watching Fulham through all the ups and downs great memories are with us all forever  049:gif

SP

Our thoughts are with you. I've been in the Riverside a few times when it's empty & I can almost feel the spirit of my parents in the seats they'd had since the stand opened.  Ma was early stage dementia for the Hamburg final but our plans to break her out of the home for one last hoorah came to nothing unfortunately.