watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff New Striker Missing Sky new Breaking

Started by brightster, January 22, 2019, 09:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

There is a funny side to death and it comes to us all. Do you really want people mopeing around when it is your turn? Somebody I know was in a bar after a match last weekend and his best mate dropped dead at age 45 still holding his pint of beer. It can happen any time and none of us are immune. I don't want anyone being miserable at my funeral havedrinks and tell as many jokes as they can

Riversider

Quote from: Andy S on January 22, 2019, 03:06:50 PM
There is a funny side to death and it comes to us all. Do you really want people mopeing around when it is your turn? Somebody I know was in a bar after a match last weekend and his best mate dropped dead at age 45 still holding his pint of beer. It can happen any time and none of us are immune. I don't want anyone being miserable at my funeral havedrinks and tell as many jokes as they can

Agreed, if it had been a Fulham striker in the plane that we had just paid £18 million for, he would probably have missed the ocean.

gezkc

I agree humour does have a place in helping people cope with all manner of things, but there is a time and a place.

To make jokes about someone dying in a plane crash just shows a lack of respect.
If this happened to someone you knew, I doubt any of us would appreciate strangers having a laugh about it.

Marcel_Gecov

I echo the sentiments regarding hearts to the families etc and it's such a shame that something that strted with so much hope has ended so abruptly.

A question I do have (and forgive me as this will be viewed as insensitive by many) - more out of intrigue than anything else - but what happens to the money Cardiff have agreed to pay? Are they still liable for it? Written off in insurance etc?

If people feel this is too soon then do please feel free to delete. I just thought as this has never happened before that it was interesting (a wrong word perhaps) situation.

FFC1987

Do we have confirmation that its definitely a death scenario too? Maybe its me being naive, but isn't there still a chance he's alive and stranded?

sarnian

If he crashed into the sea off the Casquets which can be pretty rough there is little chance of survival. Radio contact was lost at just over 2000ft and there is nowhere near where a plane can land.  Heard or seen search helicopters last night and this morning but don't think there is much hope.

I have nothing against humour but some of the sick jokes going round is not acceptable. Would they say the same if it was one of their relatives.

Fulham 442

Very doubtful he and the pilot are still alive. They made a request to land near the Channel Islands but then went off radar.  An expert has said that although extensive searches have been carried out the plane could drift up to 20 miles in the current. Also that the water is freezing.  He seemed to think there was no hope of survival. Terribly sad.

Riversider

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 22, 2019, 03:53:32 PM
I echo the sentiments regarding hearts to the families etc and it's such a shame that something that strted with so much hope has ended so abruptly.

A question I do have (and forgive me as this will be viewed as insensitive by many) - more out of intrigue than anything else - but what happens to the money Cardiff have agreed to pay? Are they still liable for it? Written off in insurance etc?

If people feel this is too soon then do please feel free to delete. I just thought as this has never happened before that it was interesting (a wrong word perhaps) situation.
As soon as the money is transferred he is insured,
Cardiff are currently £18 million out of pocket, plus a signing on fee,
They will get the transfer fee back but too late to help them in this window

FFC1987

Cheers for updating me, as I said, I assumed I was being naive but was holding out for some hope  :dft004:

nose returns

Steven Ageroad

Very sad news.

So make the most of today, because you just don't know what's going to happen tomorrow.

SG

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 22, 2019, 04:47:09 PM
Very sad news.

So make the most of today, because you just don't know what's going to happen tomorrow.

So true, life can kick you in the teeth and is precisely why I'm in Barbados and going to the cricket tomorrow.

Twig

Just wanted to add my condolences. Nothing funny about this at all and absolutely no place for jokes in very bad taste. Just very sad news that a young man in his prime should suffer such a dreadful demise. 
Similar sentiments regarding the pilot too.

The Rock

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 22, 2019, 03:53:32 PM

I had the same question and it is a valid one, emotions aside.

I am led to believe as long as the papers are signed and he is on Cardiff books, then Nantes should already have their check in the bank/money coming to them in payments regardless of the circumstances. I'd be interested to hear if there is any fine print in these situations; or if clubs take re-insurance on a player or situation or have any clauses of this nature. But on paper, Cardiff just lost however many million. Bitter pill.

JoelH5

Players are viewed by banks as assets and so they probably have their player insured. Nothing to do with Nantes though as he's a Cardiff player.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Riversider

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2019, 06:01:23 PM
Players are viewed by banks as assets and so they probably have their player insured. Nothing to do with Nantes though as he's a Cardiff player.

No probably about it , he was insured the second he became a Cardiff player.

aster

He is a Cardiff player, and the president of Nantes wasted no time in emphasising it:

I had no idea that he was still in Nantes, he is no longer a Nantes player, the boy does what he wants. I'm saying does..because I still hope that he will be found alive.

davew

Quote from: the nutflush on January 22, 2019, 11:42:51 AM
What tragic news.  Sick jokes.
Makes you wish those people should have been on the plane, not him!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2019, 06:01:23 PM
I would think that the last thing anybody is thinking about is an insurance claim or Cardiff's chances of staying up!! Some people on here are sad!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Really sad news, I just didn't believe it at first.
No joking matter.