15 (33.3%)
10 (22.2%)
3 (6.7%)
more than 4
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: January 27, 2019, 04:22:26 PM

WhiteJC

we've been promised "multiple" signings however after 22 days we've only signed 1 player, how many additions ro yo think we'll get?

HV71

Mathematically I believe 1 is classed as a multiple - if that is correct Babel might be the lot !

nose returns

Quote from: HV71 on January 22, 2019, 04:29:08 PM
Mathematically I believe 1 is classed as a multiple - if that is correct Babel might be the lot !

whilst I think you may be right, the context inferred rather more, it sounded to me like 3 or four.

Woolly Mammoth

Ideally 4 if the club are serious about maintaining their Premier League Status.
However, that remains to be seen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2019, 04:55:12 PM
Ideally 4 if the club are serious about maintaining their Premier League Status.
I have more chance of winning the lottery on Saturday!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2019, 05:31:55 PM

I would say odds are very much stacked against you in comparison, please don't take up gambling

davew

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 22, 2019, 05:37:12 PM

I would say odds are very much stacked against you in comparison, please don't take up gambling
LOL, should have advised me before Sunday when I lost £125 betting on us to win!

Twig

It isn't the number of signings but the quality I worry about most.  If we bring in three last minute transfers of players with zero experience of English leagues then I will be very disappointed but not at all surprised.

Fulham76

Any signings now need to be made with next season in mind.

Little point wasting big money trying to stay up as it's not going to happen. Even with 3-4 good quality signings we're not suddenly going to reach top 6 form, which is what it will take for us to stay up now.

Also, bear in mind it was poor recruitment that got us into this mess in the first place, so we need to be very careful or we'll be fighting relegation again next season, albeit to league 1. Also major FFP issues to think about.

filham

Quote from: Twig on January 22, 2019, 05:43:48 PM
It isn't the number of signings but the quality I worry about most.  If we bring in three last minute transfers of players with zero experience of English leagues then I will be very disappointed but not at all surprised.
That is the most likely outcome and on the last day of the window. They will be from some far flung country and will have promise but no experience in this country and will have to learn English and adjust to the food, climate and football.

davew

Filham and Fulham 76, exactly!!

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2019, 05:41:38 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 22, 2019, 05:37:12 PM

LOL, should have advised me before Sunday when I lost £125 betting on us to win!

To be honest I have £20 quid with us to win in my Acca