News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many players should we get rid of this window?

Started by davew, January 22, 2019, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the current window how many more of our present squad should we allow to leave, transfers already done do not count.

10 (19.6%)
3 (5.9%)
9 (17.6%)
6 (11.8%)
More than 4
23 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 51

davew

I have gone for more than 4, this season written off and now time to play some of our youngsters in preparation for next season! Does it really matter if we finish with 14 or 24 points?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

I have gone with four plus as well. Although I applaud and would embrace some of the U23's coming through to lead the charge next season it looks like the better players from that group are being touted as leaving, leavers or in the case of Humphries already left.
I get what you say about 14 or 24 points but I would hope we scrap hard enough to get mid twenties.

Bassey the warrior

We can't afford to get rid of anyone until we get more in. The season isn't written off until we mathematically can't survive.

Statto

None. They should all have to dig us out of the mess they've put us in. Seri, Anguissa, Mawson, Le Marchand, Mitrovic and Bryan are all on 4-5 year contracts so let's keep them here for that long.

I'd just offload the deadwood - TFM, Fabri and perhaps Cisse and/or Kebano

Milo

Quote from: Statto on January 22, 2019, 07:41:19 PM
None. They should all have to dig us out of the mess they've put us in. Seri, Anguissa, Mawson, Le Marchand, Mitrovic and Bryan are all on 4-5 year contracts so let's keep them here for that long.

+1

Maybe keep Kebano for dressing room presence and throw of the dice option in Championship.

Bassey the warrior

I'd sooner Ayite and McDonald leave than Kebano and Cisse.

Facts Not Fiction

No need to now, but come the end of the season, a big re-evaluation is needed.

Barrett487

Come the great escape mk2....... MOST OF THEM!

If we drop.... TC would do well (he'll have blown his desirability). and recall the rest of the promotion stalwarts as we'll need them.

grandad

Only TFM to free up a loan slot. No need to get rid of any others till the summer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Milo

Can we loan O'Reilly and Steven Sessegnon to Championship clubs NOW to give them experience prior to next season? That could plug two gaps in what looks to be a bare bones first team next year, and reduce the transfer burden in the summer.

Seems an obvious thing to do...

HV71

Excellent suggestion Milo - particularly if they are not going to get game time at all this season

Woolly Mammoth

None, Zero. Nil, Nought, 0, Nobody. We need all hands on Deck.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2019, 08:13:58 PM
Can we loan O'Reilly and Steven Sessegnon to Championship clubs NOW to give them experience prior to next season? That could plug two gaps in what looks to be a bare bones first team next year, and reduce the transfer burden in the summer.

Seems an obvious thing to do...

St.Sess should have been tried already this season imo.

ealex40

Quote from: grandad on January 22, 2019, 08:12:16 PM
Only TFM to free up a loan slot. No need to get rid of any others till the summer.

Are we supposed to find a new club for TFM in order to open up a loan spot? I read something the other day that seemed to suggest that we had that obligation.

davew

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 22, 2019, 07:32:06 PM
We can't afford to get rid of anyone until we get more in. The season isn't written off until we mathematically can't survive.
Disagree, if we spend more now and it doesn't work out and it won't, then that affects what we can do next season! e already carry too many new signings that we are going to lose money on, your proposal is to buy more, don't think that makes sense!

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

??? You suggest none and then mention 3 or perhaps 4, confused? I am also talking about deadwood, forget the length of contracts why carry people who are simply not good enough for a longer period than you need to? Anyway it is a poll and nice to see a mixed selection of votes!

davew

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2019, 08:50:13 PM
LOL, just spilled my g & t, will send you the bill for the replacement drink and cleaning cost!

davew

Quote from: grandad on January 22, 2019, 08:12:16 PM
1 new full back or freeing up 1 loan spot does not equal avoiding relegation, I am sure you know that!!

Jimpav

Fosu Mensah and and fabri to get him off the wage bill