News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many players should we get rid of this window?

Started by davew, January 22, 2019, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the current window how many more of our present squad should we allow to leave, transfers already done do not count.

10 (19.6%)
3 (5.9%)
9 (17.6%)
6 (11.8%)
More than 4
23 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 51

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2019, 08:19:29 PM
None, Zero. Nil, Nought, 0, Nobody. We need all hands on Deck.
I am really, really surprised by your comment Woolly, especially as somebody who often refers to seafaring. When the ship has sunk how many hands do you think are still on deck, where is the captain or our captain at that stage, either already swimming for his life or sitting on the bench! Time for you to have a rethink go back to your rum as the Gordons isn't working for you as it sometimes doesn't for me!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2019, 08:13:58 PM
Can we loan O'Reilly and Steven Sessegnon to Championship clubs NOW to give them experience prior to next season? That could plug two gaps in what looks to be a bare bones first team next year, and reduce the transfer burden in the summer.

Seems an obvious thing to do...
Good post maybe this could have been done in the Summer as neither has really participated so far this season! Have our management overlooked what is now the obvious (with hindsight), of course they have!!

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2019, 08:57:53 PM
I am really, really surprised by your comment Woolly, especially as somebody who often refers to seafaring. When the ship has sunk how many hands do you think are still on deck, where is the captain or our captain at that stage, either already swimming for his life or sitting on the bench! Time for you to have a rethink go back to your rum as the Gordons isn't working for you as it sometimes doesn't for me!

We are not down yet. It isn't more true just because you write it a couple of hundred times.

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 22, 2019, 09:00:51 PM

We are not down yet. It isn't more true just because you write it a couple of hundred times.
Please reply again in a couple of months time and of course either of us can say I told you so (lol)! How many did you vote for, assume 0?

filham

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2019, 08:13:58 PM
Can we loan O'Reilly and Steven Sessegnon to Championship clubs NOW to give them experience prior to next season? That could plug two gaps in what looks to be a bare bones first team next year, and reduce the transfer burden in the summer.

Seems an obvious thing to do...
That really is good thinking..I look forward to seeing them playing for us in August.

Woolly Mammoth

But I was a Pirate and I sailed under the Skull and Cross Bones, with an occasional sortee smuggling rum off the Cornish Coast near Mevaguissey.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

When the ship starts to sink, I play that old Max Bygraves record, " You need hands ".

Never forget your Roots.

valdeingruo

0, if we go down, we havent yet, but its likely, we know they are capable of promotion.  If we do manage to escape, then we can talk about players leaving.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2019, 08:46:24 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 22, 2019, 07:32:06 PM
We can't afford to get rid of anyone until we get more in. The season isn't written off until we mathematically can't survive.
Disagree, if we spend more now and it doesn't work out and it won't, then that affects what we can do next season! e already carry too many new signings that we are going to lose money on, your proposal is to buy more, don't think that makes sense!
I
So long as we have a clause that their wage decreases if we get relegated it's not a problem. If we drop down there's lots of players we can sell to fund new signings. No need to wave the white flag just yet.

toshes mate

I have gone for zero since I do not believe it is fair for a conscientious person to inflict so much football rubbish on any more people than is absolutely necessary.  I was going to make one exception of a person who is not so much football rubbish as a misguided youngish person who must have been loaned out by his owners to look for the last place he left his talent or brains or both lying about.  Since this seems to be a season of lost causes then I suppose we should stretch our benevolence as far as we possibly can.

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2019, 09:17:44 PM

Please reply again in a couple of months time and of course either of us can say I told you so (lol)! How many did you vote for, assume 0?

I am not arguing that we won't go down, just that it hasn't happened yet. Thus, I am correct now, and you are wrong. That won't change after the fact later.

With that said, yes I voted for zero. I don't think anyone's value will be less after the season than it is now, but if we happen to turn the corner or at least play some decent football then some players value may actually increase. Therefore, I see no need to offload anyone yet. Of course if management decides that some players will not play a part now or next season then I wouldn't mind.

RaySmith

Seems Kamara  has already gone - or is going - which I think is a mistake, but the club must have good reasons I suppose.
But I agree that we should be careful of getting rid of players at this time - it's all hands to the pumps you  might say.

I just don't think myself that now is the time to really be looking into this. Last time we  went down, the policy seemed to be to get rid of the Prem players and their wages - forcing them out, if they didn't want to go, iike Sidwell, who was prepared to negotiate a new contract, and Hangeland was the last forced out, and Magath 
introduced all youth, with only Scott Parker as an experienced head - and where did that get us?

But there's still half of the season left, and we're not down yet, and some players might actually increase their value if they play well, and help us stay up, as Sting of the North says. Look at babel - seizing this chance to come back to  England and show what he's still capable of -or  at least he did in his showing v Spurs.If we can get 2  or 3 more wit his experience , quality and commitment that could have a huge impact on our survival chances.

Woolly Mammoth

I chose 0 because it a nice round figure or at least oval. The shape of an egg, I would like to think the egg will hatch, and to produce with whatever resources we happen to have. We have to make a last stand somewhere ASAP to at least restore some pride and an attitude that will stand us in good stead for whatever the future holds. Whatever the outcome, good habits are so important as well as consistency.
So keeping everyone at this current time, is important for more than one reason.
Nevertheless, I would like to see Fulham field a couple of Academy players like Steve Sessegnon and Matt OReily, to name a couple.
As I am sure they would provid extra energy, enthusiasm, commitment and application which has clearly been missing from certain individuals in the current first team squad. 

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Well at the moment the majority have voted with me (4 or more), leave do not remain!

Woolly Mammoth

Hold your horses dave and pour yourself another Vera Lynn.
The majority have not voted with you, only 40.4%  the other 59.2% did not.

Never forget your Roots.

fcfulham55

Can we not get rid of them all, put the youths in. Save more money we should be spending to survive.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2019, 07:48:05 PM
Hold your horses dave and pour yourself another Vera Lynn.
The majority have not voted with you, only 40.4%  the other 59.2% did not.
You didn't read the sub rules, largest % gained = winning vote, ok I accept that I have may have messed up my posting, occupational hazard, Vera Lynn's or no Vera Lynn's. the latter applied when I made the posting unlike now! Believe it or not most of my postings are made without the help of Vera Lynn's, I am sure you can guess which ones aren't though (lol)!

davew

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 23, 2019, 08:25:33 PM
Can we not get rid of them all, put the youths in. Save more money we should be spending to survive.
I think we should keep 1/2 of the squad, your frustration, anger and disappointment is showing more than mine!