watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

points total, remaining games.

Started by jarv, February 07, 2019, 01:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I think Fulham can pick up about another 15 points (at best). Will that be enough?  Glimmer of hope is that nearing the end, a few games against mid table/ safe teams with nothing to play for eg Bournemouth, Watford Leicester. It usually helps a bit. Will 32 points be enough????

ex-Pat

Give it a rest It's all over, wished we could forfeit the remaining games, it's embarrassing.

MJG

Quote from: jarv on February 07, 2019, 01:44:50 PM
Will 32 points be enough????
No and here is why...
Cardiff need only 10 points from 13 games to reach that (same form would have given them 19 points now)
Burnley need only 8 points from 13 games to reach that (same form would have given them 15 points now..so have to play worse than we have done)
Southampton need only 8 points from 13 games to reach that (same form would have given them 15 points now..so have to play worse than we have done)
Newcastle need only 8 points from 13 games to reach that (same form would have given them 15 points now..so have to play worse than we have done)
Palace need only 6 points from 13 games to reach that (same form would have given them 11 points now..so have to play like Huddersfield have)
Brighton need only 5 points from 13 games to reach that (same form would have given them 9 points now..so have to play worse Huddersfield have)

Fulham need 15 points to reach that from 13 games (Will need to play like Brighton or Westham to get 32 points and it will not be enough)
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

I am going to keep saying this until I am blue in the face.

Ranieri possibly thinks that against Palace with only a silly handball and a late goal against us we came close to his quest for a clean sheet and therefore will not now change tactics.
He will fail to recognise that we never had a shot on target and only won a corner in the 90th minute.

With this attitude we are not going to win another game. We are down.

spoonffc

You think Cardiff are getting 19 points from 13 games? Burnley 15? don't take form guide so literally... Cor blimey I don't why some people bother coming on here, I suppose we should have all stayed seated while stand up if you still believe was sung from the terraces whilst we were 4-1 down on aggregate against Juve. Negativity won't win us games, stay positive, believe and keep going. If pouring out negative vibes is for eventually being able to say I told you so.. Keep it to yourself. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: spoonffc on February 07, 2019, 04:23:13 PM
You think Cardiff are getting 19 points from 13 games? Burnley 15? don't take form guide so literally... Cor blimey I don't why some people bother coming on here, I suppose we should have all stayed seated while stand up if you still believe was sung from the terraces whilst we were 4-1 down on aggregate against Juve. Negativity won't win us games, stay positive, believe and keep going. If pouring out negative vibes is for eventually being able to say I told you so.. Keep it to yourself. 
:plus one: 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

You are reading my reply wrong.

IF Cardiff in the next 13 games got 10 points and you used that form over the last 25 games, they would only be on 19 points now.
Just the views of a long term fan

spoonffc

I don't think I am, you're conclusively saying it's over and even using the form guide to back up your pessimism, I'm saying don't sit on your keyboard being negative, STAND UP AND BELIEVE

ScalleysDad

Quote from: spoonffc on February 07, 2019, 11:12:03 PM
I don't think I am, you're conclusively saying it's over and even using the form guide to back up your pessimism, I'm saying don't sit on your keyboard being negative, STAND UP AND BELIEVE

but the sums and the maths MJG has put up stack up. Put another way Cardiff would have to play really, really badly, lose at least ten games and concede a hatful of goals to not clear 32 points, the number being suggested. Take any permutation you like but three wins and draw from thirteen games for Cardiff or three wins from thirteen from Burnley and they are home and hosed as on our form, our actual on the pitch form and not the form guide, we will not get to 32 points.

That night against Juve was totally different. We had a team and a manager who also believed.

The Rational Fan

We can catch Cardiff that have played Huddersfield twice and should lose 3 points against us. We need one team above Cardiff to have a few injuries and completely captulate (like 5 points in 12 games). If a team like Burnley losses players like James Tarkowski, Tom Heaton and Ashley Barnes due to injury for 6 weeks and get zero points until Mid March, we can catch them because they will struggle to get more than 5 points in their last 9 games.

All we need to have good chance to avoid relegation is one team in the Top 17 to become worse than Hudderfield (maybe due to injuries).

toshes mate

I am sorry that MJG's stats upset you so much you want/need him to keep them to himself. It doesn't say very much for your optimism, and your belief when a post putting the task FFC face into perspective upsets you does it?  Of course a great escape march can still start at any time.  I am going for us to beat Man U tomorrow and then snatch a win against WHU two weeks from today, two wins in a row, which will change the form figures quite a bit, and ease a little pain from MJG's next set of figures.  They'll still look pretty grim but perhaps you won't be quite so unsettled by them. 

Black and White Town

I will keep a glimmer of hope until it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up.

davew

Keep providing the statistics Mike, it puts into an even better perspective exactly where we are i.e. in big trouble!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 07, 2019, 11:36:34 PM

but the sums and the maths MJG has put up stack up. Put another way Cardiff would have to play really, really badly, lose at least ten games and concede a hatful of goals to not clear 32 points, the number being suggested. Take any permutation you like but three wins and draw from thirteen games for Cardiff or three wins from thirteen from Burnley and they are home and hosed as on our form, our actual on the pitch form and not the form guide, we will not get to 32 points.

That night against Juve was totally different. We had a team and a manager who also believed.
Exactly, well said!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Remember we don't do away wins and then look at the next eight matches:-
Man.u.
Away Match
Away Match
Chelsea
Away Match
Liverpool
Man. City
Away Match

It is time to wave the white flag and say we are relegated and to start planning for next season in the Championship.

Barry White

He's just giving you the facts. I'm afraid it is over, to think anything else is just dellusion at this stage :(

Doesn't mean we won't be there and supporting the boys for the rest of year. But Stand and believing now needs to mean believing we can bounce back next year!

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on February 08, 2019, 11:22:10 AM
Remember we don't do away wins and then look at the next eight matches:-
Man.u.
Away Match
Away Match
Chelsea
Away Match
Liverpool
Man. City
Away Match

It is time to wave the white flag and say we are relegated and to start planning for next season in the Championship.

It is never time to wave the white flag. Either you are still in it with a chance, however small, or you are already down. In neither case is a white flag needed. Also, what planning for next season needs to be done on match days? Blooding the youngsters? Don't think that will do their confidence any good to be thrown in the deep end in a dysfunctional team for the sake of it. Hopefully some of them are so impressive in training that CR will have to play them though.

I realize that the chances for survival are increasingly slim, but that doesn't matter since giving up is never an option in my opinion.

SuffolkWhite

One game at a time is the only way to think.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

spoonffc

Waving a white flag?? Jeezz I'm gonna pretend you mean black and white flag,

Camel Club

Very much with the poster on this. I looked at the remaining games earlier this week and thought we'd end up with a points total somewhere around the 32 mark (34-35 if I put the rose tinted specs on). It may be enough if:-
1) Huddersfield take some points off the teams above us.
2) Cardiff stop over achieving.
3) At least one from Southampton, Burnley and Brighton implode. (I think both Palace and Newcastle have enough to ensure that they won't).

I confess we probably will be relegated but I haven't given up all hope just yet. Assuming we lose to United tomorrow I think we will need 4 points from the away games at Southampton and West Ham. If we were to (I know it's unlikely) you can't underestimate the momentum that would give us towards the end of the season.  Here's hoping.............