https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chairmans Notes

Started by Barry White, February 08, 2019, 03:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 08, 2019, 11:33:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2019, 06:44:57 PM
I'm calling it early, but I reckon he's out in the summer. Frustration from his son on Twitter, irrecoverable failure after 5 years of trying, no further spending this month, and a negative article today with no talk of the future.

You heard it here first - he's on his way out IMO.

So all those in the Riverside can stop wondering where to sit next season.

I reckon your right, will we have new owners soon. Craven Cottage is 23,000 m2 in a suburb worth £11,000 per m2 (thats £253,000,000), the Players can probably sold for £97,000,000 (including Sess), Parchauate Payments of £80,000,000 and Motsphur Park must be worth £20,000,000. Hence, anyone that is prepared to liquidate the club could buy it less than £450 million and make money.

Fulham FC is worth so so much liquidated, the two most important thing we need in a owner is i) to be a Billionaire and ii) to love the Craven Cottage more than making money. Not easy to find Billionaires that does't love money and even harder to find ones that love Fulham. Mohamed Al-Fayed saved this club and he found the Billionaire that he thought would love this club. Trust MAF!

If "The Khans" build the new Riverside Stand, then it proves beyond any doubt he loves Fulham more than money. He'll still be a footballing idiot, but its easier to teach someone to be a "Director of Football" than to find a Billionaire that loves Fulham FC more than money.

If Riverside Fan want to know where they will probably be sitting with new owners, my guesses are Loftus Road or Motsphur Park.

No one would buy a football club to liquidate it. It would take years, involve a depth of uncertainty and ultimately cost (not make) the person money. So you can just park that silly idea.

And we don't need hand-outs from the owner when Sky TV are giving every PL club £100m+ every year - hence even tiny little clubs like Huddersfield can spend £50m-£60m.

We just need an owner who can guide us back to the PL. A top 6 Championship finish. Is that easy? No. But can Shahid Khan do it? I don't think so. So I'd happily take our chances.   

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 09, 2019, 12:08:55 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 08, 2019, 11:33:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2019, 06:44:57 PM
I'm calling it early, but I reckon he's out in the summer. Frustration from his son on Twitter, irrecoverable failure after 5 years of trying, no further spending this month, and a negative article today with no talk of the future.

You heard it here first - he's on his way out IMO.

So all those in the Riverside can stop wondering where to sit next season.

I reckon your right, will we have new owners soon. Craven Cottage is 23,000 m2 in a suburb worth £11,000 per m2 (thats £253,000,000), the Players can probably sold for £97,000,000 (including Sess), Parchauate Payments of £80,000,000 and Motsphur Park must be worth £20,000,000. Hence, anyone that is prepared to liquidate the club could buy it less than £450 million and make money.

Fulham FC is worth so so much liquidated, the two most important thing we need in a owner is i) to be a Billionaire and ii) to love the Craven Cottage more than making money. Not easy to find Billionaires that does't love money and even harder to find ones that love Fulham. Mohamed Al-Fayed saved this club and he found the Billionaire that he thought would love this club. Trust MAF!

If "The Khans" build the new Riverside Stand, then it proves beyond any doubt he loves Fulham more than money. He'll still be a footballing idiot, but its easier to teach someone to be a "Director of Football" than to find a Billionaire that loves Fulham FC more than money.

If Riverside Fan want to know where they will probably be sitting with new owners, my guesses are Loftus Road or Motsphur Park.

No one would buy a football club to liquidate it. It would take years, involve a depth of uncertainty and ultimately cost (not make) the person money. So you can just park that silly idea.

And we don't need hand-outs from the owner when Sky TV are giving every PL club £100m+ every year - hence even tiny little clubs like Huddersfield can spend £50m-£60m.

We just need an owner who can guide us back to the PL. A top 6 Championship finish. Is that easy? No. But can Shahid Khan do it? I don't think so. So I'd happily take our chances.   

You think "No one would buy a football club to liquidate it". Have you forgotten Fulham FC's has land worth £235m more than Huddersfield. If we end up in League One with parchuate payments gone and worthless players, who else apart from liquidators would pay more than £200m for Fulham FC. Fulham FC is one of the few clubs that if it ends up in League One is worth more dead than alive.

All the liquidator would have to do is i) sell the land in Fulham to a property developer, ii) sell all the big players to another team (like Chelsea) who resell them and iii) sell what remains to the Fans for £2, which could all be done by 1st August 2019.

I am sure Fulham FC will always still exist, but without Craven Cottage as its football field it's not really Fulham FC.

The Rational Fan

Before FFC fans say "we don't need hand-outs from the owner" consider this. Every team in the Top-15 of Champsionship has either i) a large Stadium (Leeds & Aston Villa),  ii) parchuate payments (8 teams) or iii) maximium FFP hand-outs from the owner (8teams). FFC need at least one of those three or we are a yo-yo Championship / League One team.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 09:04:15 PM
Nose, none of our players have given 100% all of the time!!!!!!! If they have it just proves that even they aren't up to the standard required in the PL!

The League Table tells us everything we need to know, we are one of the three poorest teams in the League and that is highlighted by inconsistency. Although currently we are consistently poor and consistently good at losing.
So what is going to change, as the absent owner and his son failed to fetch the cavalry over the hill in the January Window, although they did manage to sign an injured unfit defender that nobody else wanted.
You couldn't make it up, I cannot see us winning the Jackpot today, and if we did, one swallow does not make a summer. Because we will have to do it every week.
There is not one person on this message board unless they are off their head, would put their mortgage on Fulham surviving, and that is the reality and tells you everything you need to know, and how deep a trench  we are in.
🆘
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 09, 2019, 05:44:59 AM
Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 09:04:15 PM
Nose, none of our players have given 100% all of the time!!!!!!! If they have it just proves that even they aren't up to the standard required in the PL!

The League Table tells us everything we need to know, we are one of the three poorest teams in the League and that is highlighted by inconsistency. Although currently we are consistently poor and consistently good at losing.
So what is going to change, as the absent owner and his son failed to fetch the cavalry over the hill in the January Window, although they did manage to sign an injured unfit defender that nobody else wanted.
You couldn't make it up, I cannot see us winning the Jackpot today, and if we did, one swallow does not make a summer. Because we will have to do it every week.
There is not one person on this message board unless they are off their head, would put their mortgage on Fulham surviving, and that is the reality and tells you everything you need to know, and how deep a trench  we are in.
🆘

We still have a lot to play for, i am sure we are selling Mitro, Sess, Seri, Cairney & Fabri; but whether we £10 million or £100 million and the quality of reinvestment will determine FFC future.

The Old Count

Some people on this board are like a lot of spoiled kids. The vitriol shown to Mr Kahn is totally uncalled for.  Reminiscent of the behavior that made Mr Al fayed decide to go.

grandad

It´s funny how the same old names trot out their hatred of every owner we have had, every manager we have had, nearly every player we have signed. Why do they bother "supporting" the club?
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose returns

I do not hate the owner
I hate that he repeats the same errors, that are wholy avoidable, and expects a different result.
I certainly hate his ridiculous condescending article. Not a word of appology or a recognition lessons will be learned.

Until the end of january i was firmly in the be careful what you wish for camp. Not calling for regime change or anything like that.

But the few posters that always defend anything the club does, have made me rethink. If we stay as we are and keep TK in place and retain the italian for instance. Then league one is more likely. The current owner seems unable to put a long trm rational plan in place and stick to it. If that were so slav would still be in place and a proper defence assembled in january.

If we stay as we have been for the last 5 years all the pleasure will go out of being a fulham supporter. We do not need a new stand we need a new defence and a new head of recruitment. And before that we need to be rid of CR who in my opion is one of the very worst, and believe me i should know because i have seen far too many joke managers here.

Even newcastle with their loathed owner are doing better than us.

The piece khan wrote also helpped me reconsider. Such an insult to our intelligence. Painting a picture that just is not true. We are failing because he keeps his son in place and sacked a perfectly decent manager for a dreadful one. He, the owner is individually responsible for taking the pleasure out of it because of his failure to learn. I can cope with errors, but never making the same ones over and over.

I am not yet calling for a change, but i am now thinking that may well be a better option. Who knows who we might get, but it could be better, much better than this.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on February 09, 2019, 09:15:23 AM
It´s funny how the same old names trot out their hatred of every owner we have had, every manager we have had, nearly every player we have signed. Why do they bother "supporting" the club?

Its funny how the same old names trot out the same old blind acceptance to what the club says and does!

Actually, that's fine with me, your entitled to your view as much as me but try and open your minds and at least argue your case better rather than trot out the your not a "real" supporter crap!

Fulham76

I really am struggling to see what the Khans have done wrong....??

They have treated the club & fans with nothing but respect since they took over. They have invested throughout their ownership, on & off the pitch & that would have cost them several millions of personal funds during our time in the championship.

Promotion last season was brilliant, the day a Wembley even better, and they followed that up by spending over £100m on new players. Unbelievable for a club like ours to spend that sort of money & shows ultimate commitment from the Khans.
SK's reaction at the final whistle, the relief, was like the rest of us & suggests to me he's desperate for us to succeed. And TK celebrating on the pitch with the players also says a lot.
All this on top of the developments at Motspur Park & the potential Riverside development.

Things aren't going well this season & we will be back in the championship next season but to butcher the Khans like a lot of us seem to be doing is wrong.

They've certainly made mistakes, the manager needs input in the recruitment process for example & maybe TK has, or wants to get too close to the team & team selection, he's not qualified for that.

That said, based on what I've seen over the last 5 years, I'm more than happy with the way they're running things - 2 play offs & a promotion isn't too horrendous.

I hope they're here in another 5 years.

bill taylors apprentice

Just to be clear, I am very aware of where our club sits in the English games hierarchy, its history some good times and too many bad and how easily things could go terribly wrong with the wrong kind of owner.

My perception is the current owner has done a lot of good for us and continues to play the long game for the clubs benefit and he is generally a good guy.

But that just makes the long list of recruitment cock ups (throughout his ownership not just TK's doings) and the teams problems harder to take as there seems to be a willingness to keep hitting their heads against a brick wall until they make their recruitment model work (it wont happen).

Of course all clubs make duff signings but we have turned it into an habit, I don't want a new owner I just want him to attend to business in a better fashion.

Fulham76

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 09, 2019, 10:23:04 AM
Just to be clear, I am very aware of where our club sits in the English games hierarchy, its history some good times and too many bad and how easily things could go terribly wrong with the wrong kind of owner.

My perception is the current owner has done a lot of good for us and continues to play the long game for the clubs benefit and he is generally a good guy.

But that just makes the long list of recruitment cock ups (throughout his ownership not just TK's doings) and the teams problems harder to take as there seems to be a willingness to keep hitting their heads against a brick wall until they make their recruitment model work (it wont happen).

Of course all clubs make duff signings but we have turned it into an habit, I don't want a new owner I just want him to attend to business in a better fashion.

I don't like our recruitment policy either, personally think the manager needs to have the majority of control.

It's a strange one because it feels all wrong but that policy got us promoted last season & got us in the play-offs the season before.

ScalleysDad

I have never really had an opinion regarding our owners over the last couple of decades and my angst towards certain managers has been based on the team performances or the vibe around the Club so I would like to think it was/is justified.
Grandad. I like your point about bashing past owners and managers. What on earth did we do pre forum.
"Telegram for Branfoot. Telegram for Branfoot"

We probably just grumbled about it in idle conversation through the park.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2019, 10:43:40 AM
I have never really had an opinion regarding our owners over the last couple of decades and my angst towards certain managers has been based on the team performances or the vibe around the Club so I would like to think it was/is justified.
Grandad. I like your point about bashing past owners and managers. What on earth did we do pre forum.
"Telegram for Branfoot. Telegram for Branfoot"

We probably just grumbled about it in idle conversation through the park.

To paraphrase Blazing Saddles
"Telegram for Mungo, telegram for Mungo"

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Oh & of course please lads can we have a "Fulhamish" result today & thump Man U

COYW!!

Twig

Quote from: Arthur on February 08, 2019, 11:46:27 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 08, 2019, 04:03:51 PM
What a load of PR garbage.  Totally pointless and insults the intelligence of us as supporters.  What does he think he is running, a car spares company?

If this is you 'emphatically not turning on our owner', I can't imagine how acerbic your remarks will be if ever the day comes that you do.

My comments were about the PR piece and not the owner. Read my comments properly. BTW the bit about what does he think he is running etc were meant as a lighthearted close.

General

Actions speak louder then words. He thought he could trust his son with doing things properly, one day he'll realise it's that belief that's holding us back.

As a club with assets and as a chairman who wants to be taken seriously regarding his ownership of the club, had he sold those players having bought them in having finally got us into the premiership after less than six month, then his ambition level for the ownership of this club would rightly need to be called into question, not just that of his son's overbearing influence.

If anything the statement smacks of a disenchanted owner.. al fayed may not have had the same resources available but the success of this club he took extremely seriously. The figures involved mattered to him and so did the success of his teams and the players he brought in.. it wasn't a game for him, it was a passion for the right people to do the job properly.

Shahid may have spent 100£m but for him that's the equivalent of any one of us going into a township or slum and giving 100£ to someone and expecting them to agree to whatever you say. For him it's as insignificant a sum.. turning down that amount for players is falsely noble thing to suggest and do.. it counts for nothing.

If anything it's just all been a waste since he's been here.. since he's come in the club have been all over the place.. he needs to get a serious grip of this club, set genuine targets he cares for and put proper football people in key positions.

I've seen nothing but this club floundering since he and his son took over the club and something has to change. Otherwise he's going to start destroying the soul of this club and then the club itself.

Twig

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 09, 2019, 10:17:19 AM

They have treated the club & fans with nothing but respect since they took over. They have invested throughout their ownership, on & off the pitch & that would have cost them several millions of personal funds during our time in the championship.

Promotion last season was brilliant, the day a Wembley even better, and they followed that up by spending over £100m on new players. Unbelievable for a club like ours to spend that sort of money & shows ultimate commitment from the Khans.
SK's reaction at the final whistle, the relief, was like the rest of us & suggests to me he's desperate for us to succeed. And TK celebrating on the pitch with the players also says a lot.
All this on top of the developments at Motspur Park & the potential Riverside development.

Things aren't going well this season & we will be back in the championship next season but to butcher the Khans like a lot of us seem to be doing is wrong.

They've certainly made mistakes, the manager needs input in the recruitment process for example & maybe TK has, or wants to get too close to the team & team selection, he's not qualified for that.

That said, based on what I've seen over the last 5 years, I'm more than happy with the way they're running things - 2 play offs & a promotion isn't too horrendous.

I don't understand why you are struggling. The fundamental mistake was nepotism. For the Chairman to put his son in the Director of Football role ignored all logic. Would you condone putting a marketing person in a CFO role or a banker as Head of Engineering? That's how daft it was.

I repeat, I don't want the Khans out, they seem like decent owners. Just hire the right people for the right jobs.

Fulham76

Quote from: Twig on February 09, 2019, 11:02:46 AM

I don't understand why you are struggling. The fundamental mistake was nepotism. For the Chairman to put his son in the Director of Football role ignored all logic. Would you condone putting a marketing person in a CFO role or a banker as Head of Engineering? That's how daft it was.

I repeat, I don't want the Khans out, they seem like decent owners. Just hire the right people for the right jobs.

Agreed, we need the right people in the right places but SK/TK policies got us promoted last season & to the play offs the season before.

General

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 09, 2019, 11:09:29 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 09, 2019, 11:02:46 AM

Agreed, we need the right people in the right places but SK/TK policies got us promoted last season & to the play offs the season before.

They made it harder than it can and should've been.. not backing or listening to slavisa, making slavisa distracted from his job and publicly making statements suggesting they back him or sack him, selling off Aluko and malone,  not tying down fredericks contract.. Ryan sessegnon's.. don't forget whilst we got to the play-offs two seasons in a row.. we had abysmal first half of seasons and only through magic in the second half did we get into them.

What I fear most is the fact they have kept players like cairney and Johansen who put a lot of effort into getting us into the premiership then bought in a new squad making them redundant and meaning they were part of the club in the premiership but not getting game time or being valued.

That's going to screw with the club and their motivation if we do go down.. who wants to work hard for someone who does that?