Previous topic - Next topic

Ranieri out?

Ranieri out
220 (84.3%)
Keep Ranieri
41 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Woolly Mammoth

All season we have been a soft touch, we are so easy to play against.
No physicality in the team, especially in defence.
Yes we were playing against top class opponents.
But The players are playing with fear and afraid to make an error.
What annoys me about CK, is that leaving Sess and Tom out, yet include Schurrie and to a lesser extent Vietto, does not make sense.
A manager is only as good as the players he has under him, and this team is worse than the team that went down with madman Magath.
I suppose if they are going to make another change of Manager, they had better do it before the next game.
But I think it's far too late now.
The real culprits are TK and the crack recruitment outfit.
They have really shafted us this time round, but you reap what you sow, and the club is suffering because of their incompetence and negligence and inefficiency.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: twang on February 09, 2019, 02:38:47 PM
I really don't get the point of appointing Ranieri from the start was if the club wasn't going to support him in January. Why not just stick with Slav then and let him do his best for the remainder of the season and then have a solid foundation next season?

As I've said before, the January window was the worst possible for us as we neither gave fighting relegation a real go nor planned for the future. Just short term 'solutions' that won't make any difference. Complete lack of vision by the men in charge and as a result the league's most directionless club...

Exactly
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 09, 2019, 02:32:21 PM
Hopefully a good clear out, manager coaches, back room staff and players.Get someone in who knows the Championship and who can build their own team of permanent players not loan players like last year.Too many changes this year with players who are really not fit for purpose.

Oh, you mean Slav? 

:016: :022: :023: :dft001: :dft011:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Bracken White

Time to be rational & positive - that was as unacceptable as the Palace match. Ranieri hasn't got a scooby both team selection, tactics & motivation. Just put Parker in charge temporarily & time to re-group. OK the season has gone - but a change now could give rise to some positive performances, as per the 2nd half v Brighton. Reverting back to the poor 1st half tactics v Brighton when we were 2-down today isn't laughable, isn't incompetent - it is dreadful & action needs to be taken ... now.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Mince n Tatties

I wonder it occurred to him that when we lost 4-1 up there,that Odoi was right back that day...Doh

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Hoppus on February 09, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
Even the best manager in the world would have serious trouble with our defence.
MLM, Odoi, Ream, Bryan. PL quality???

Yep... people are talking about the man who won the Premier League with Leceister. The problem is our squad of players... they don't fit together well.

sarvenpa

Reactions to substitutions

"No, I change the system and Schurrle because I have some problem. I wanted two strikers with Mitrovic and Vietto in front and Babel behind and find a solution. "

Ryan Sessegnon not playing

"He's not in the best fitness or form. It's the first time he's been in the PL and it's not possible for him."

Ok...........

Logicalman

Quote from: twang on February 09, 2019, 02:38:47 PM
I really don't get the point of appointing Ranieri from the start was if the club wasn't going to support him in January. Why not just stick with Slav then and let him do his best for the remainder of the season and then have a solid foundation next season?

As I've said before, the January window was the worst possible for us as we neither gave fighting relegation a real go nor planned for the future. Just short term 'solutions' that won't make any difference. Complete lack of vision by the men in charge and as a result the league's most directionless club...

Exactly right, spot on, why change the manager if you're not able/willing/wanting to change the players that are also part of the cause? Makes no sense, and now we have a manager who has little to no real fizzy league experience, a squad from which we will lose the best when we go down, and a lost opportunity to start a rebuild that will bounce us back soonest.

The realization that we failed to create a Prem quality base to the squad prior to our promotion last season has bitten us badly and we now pay that unfortunate price.

I rarely, if ever, complain about our manager, but today, and as we have seen before, our subbing tactics were dreadful, and it makes the team look and act like a gaggle of geese with no firm direction or leader to change tings.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 09, 2019, 02:58:01 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on February 09, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
Even the best manager in the world would have serious trouble with our defence.
MLM, Odoi, Ream, Bryan. PL quality???

Yep... people are talking about the man who won the Premier League with Leceister. The problem is our squad of players... they don't fit together well.

Lots of managers win things,he'd lost the plot at Leicester long before he was sacked,then finished half way up French league with Nantes...Crewe could finish halfway up that league,they only have 4 teams any good.

ffcannom

He don't seem to know what he is doing. Angers me that we hired a clown. Our club is run like a joke and at this stage we have to look also at the Khan's an their choice of business doings. This isn't American football and slightly more complex than selling car parts ffs!

ffcthereligion

Spirit of 2000

No risk appointment didn't TK say?!

Mince n Tatties

To make matters worse the train is full of feckin Manure fans making their way back to their Homelands of Norfolk, Suffolk,Kings Lynn most of them...
Right whose up for a scrap,must be a little one somewhere.. lol

Jimmy Hill

Claudio can go back to Italy in time for brexit ! Coming over here stealing our jobs!

Logicalman

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 09, 2019, 03:09:57 PM
No risk appointment didn't TK say?!

I guess if TKs mindset was that, under Slav, then we were already down and he was incapable of turning that around, then there is little to no risk replacing him. Unfortunately that is solely restricted to the relegation issue, and ignores the issue of rebuilding in the fizzy league.

bahay18

He leaves out players like cairney and sess because they aren't aggressive enough and replaces them with vietto and schurrle . Schurrle's kit looked cleaner than the start of the game when he went off . If he thinks he is too good and wants to leave at the end of season , I'm free this week i can drive him to the airport and i won't even ask for the petrol money.

Ranieri , trying to be clever isn't working. The reason the brighton came turned round was cairney getting on the ball and actually passing to a player in a white shirt . He made himself available for seri so he could pass first time and not get caught because he has no one to pass to. The passes into Mitro were then from 15 or 20 yards so he could actually get on the ball and not launched from 70 yards away.

Ranieri i think your time is up .

Luka

Not starting with the team that smashed Brighton second half the next game should have prepared us for today's fiasco. To be fair, not many managers could polish this turd but the players don't  look like a team, there is no obvious togetherness and that's a Manager problem.

Manager number three is needed.

Neil D

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 09, 2019, 02:17:57 PM
ITIE OUT
Nothing like a bit of bigotry to add a touch of class to the debate

ffcannom

Clownio never knows his best 11. Choosing Ryan Babel over Sess and not playing TC when they are both match fit is a joke. Thinking Babel can do a better job defensive or attacking is also a joke in my opinion. When we are playing in the Championship next season we will have to thank the Khans for their business doings (especially that p**** of a son) around transfers and appointment of Clownio. What a poo storm!