watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My player ratings - based on what I saw there this afternoon

Started by Baszab, February 09, 2019, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Thought your assessment of RS was harsh. He came on with 10 minutes to go you would need to be a miracle worker to do anything.

Baszab

I think RS is fantastic and was brilliant last year

My realistic head says he hasn't really contributed much at all this season

Twig

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 10, 2019, 12:32:14 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on February 10, 2019, 11:25:03 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 10, 2019, 08:59:58 AM
Quote from: MikeW on February 10, 2019, 08:04:14 AM
If Odoi was our best defender therein lies the problem.  He was only at fault for two of the goals.

In my opinion he was at fault for none of the goals. He could maybe have done better on the second, but had MLM even tried to do something there should have been no danger at all. If you think he was at fault for the first goal I don't know what game you were watching as there was at least three other Fulham players that clearly was at fault for that one. But opinion is opinion and to each their own I guess.

You're going to ignore the fact that Odoi stood about 15 yards off Martial the whole first half and let him do as he pleased? Gary Neville was rightly slaughtering Odoi for giving Martial the time and space to pick whatever pas he wanted, and then correctly said we were too nice because nobody took a yellow and decked Martial 30 yards from goal which would've been the tactical thing to do. Odoi had three chances to take him down before he got to the box and failed to do it on any occasion which for a defender who's supposed to be experienced is somewhat vexing

Firstly, whether or not Odoi stood a million miles away from Martial, or if he stood right next to him was not the discussion was it? So I am not sure what your accusation is about, but I guess you are rather angry than having a discussion.

Neither of the goals happened because of Odio generally being far from Martial. The second goal we were attacking and as usual needlessly lost the ball. I assuma that Odoi was allowed to go forward as part of our tactics.

I did also acknowledge that Odoi could have taken him out, but also argued that MLM was in a much better position to do just that. Now, you may not agree with that which is fine with me.

On the completely new point you brought up for no obvious reason, I don't think that it would have done Odoi much good to close Martial down more, since he had absolutely no cover from either MLM or Schürrle. Frankly, the tactic (or execution of it) left Odoi with the very unenviable task of defending alone against Martial. Most players would look bad then.

Sting, I was there too and i read it exactly like you. Well said.