Main Menu

Boycott the next match

Started by sunburywhite, February 09, 2019, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

WokingFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 01:21:26 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 09, 2019, 09:26:19 PM
If "The Khans" leave the new owners would sell Craven Cottage it's just worth much much to much. I want the Khans to stay.

I am not aware of anyone directly wanting the Khans to sell up. Just want the owner to wise up, and start by removing his son from a job he is not qualified to do.

I agree, I do believe there is a role for Tony at the club, just not his current position. Maybe Ali Mc should vacate, move Tony to that role, bring in a D of Football to work with him and educate / mentor him. Life is not about stats, it is about personalities. The best business leaders work to / use their strengths and experience, currently we do not, both on the pitch and off it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Penfold on February 10, 2019, 01:17:10 AM
If "The Khans" leave the new owners would sell Craven Cottage it's just worth much much to much. I want the Khans to stay.

How is it at Motspur Park tonight?

It's great, used to go to school in Lillie Road, but had to move out as bankers bought my land, kept it and years later sold it at a huge profit. Fortunately for FFC, Billionaires that own land in Fulham don't ever have to sell it for profit.

The Rational Fan

I am not aware of anyone directly wanting the Khans to sell up. Just want the owner to wise up, and start by removing his son from a job he is not qualified to do.

Here is a "Director of Football" short-list of Six (Dick Advocaat, Ronald Koeman, Roy Hodgson, Martin O'Neill, Mick McCarthy, Marc Wilmots) they are all highly qualified international coaches that choose one of our current Right-Backs (TFM, Odoi, Chambers and Christie) in an International.

If Tony Khan poor recruitment judgement is FFC problem, then international managers are more qualified but aren't much better.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WokingFFC on February 10, 2019, 09:32:41 AM

I agree, I do believe there is a role for Tony at the club, just not his current position. Maybe Ali Mc should vacate, move Tony to that role, bring in a D of Football to work with him and educate / mentor him. Life is not about stats, it is about personalities. The best business leaders work to / use their strengths and experience, currently we do not, both on the pitch and off it.

Isn't there currently a vacancy for a turnstile operator, which may be more his forte and far more suitable for his persona.
Otherwise the only role I can see at the club for him is a roll of Lino in Hilda's Broom Cupboard. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

No chance. I can't go to every game anyway because of where I live and because I don't earn that much, but I will still go every game I can. FFC till I die.  049:gif

filham

I am going to the next match , we are due to score a premier league goal and I would not want to miss that, it could be a long,long wait for the next one.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 10, 2019, 10:48:42 AM

Here is a "Director of Football" short-list of Six (Dick Advocaat, Ronald Koeman, Roy Hodgson, Martin O'Neill, Mick McCarthy, Marc Wilmots) they are all highly qualified international coaches that choose one of our current Right-Backs (TFM, Odoi, Chambers and Christie) in an International.

If Tony Khan poor recruitment judgement is FFC problem, then international managers are more qualified but aren't much better.

I would prefer a manager who has more experience managing at club level, especially clubs in Fulhams bracket than certain international managers.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 09, 2019, 07:20:26 PM
Just an idea to get the message across to the CEO and his son
[/quote

You refund my ST money and I will think about it

Bill2

I will be there, but if I am dreading it my wife will be not looking forward the mood I will be in after.

MJG

There are times to protest and times to moan. We are in the moaning times. Protesting is when the poo hits the fan and your club is in danger,we are it in that position.
Just the views of a long term fan

Luka

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 10, 2019, 10:48:42 AM

Not really a true comparison, the internationally managers have a limited pool they can choose from.
The Khans don't.

Yamus

Why not ask Huw Jennings who to get,seems to have his fingers on the button

Twig

Why do you and others think there is a call for the Khans to leave?  I have seen little or nothing on this MB and heard nothing from fellow supporters at matches that suggest there is any such sentiment.  many of us simply want an end to nepotism with a non football man in a D o F job.

Statto

You keep repeating this garbage so let me ask you this: irrespective of how good/poor the next few years go, we can't reasonably expect Khan to stay our owner forever, so are you saying that Khan is the last owner under which we'll play at the Cottage? I'm not sure any owner has stayed longer than 10-15 years, and Khan has already been here for 6 years, so youre asserting that we only have 4-9 seasons left at the cottage, right?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2019, 03:09:56 PM

You keep repeating this garbage so let me ask you this: irrespective of how good/poor the next few years go, we can't reasonably expect Khan to stay our owner forever, so are you saying that Khan is the last owner under which we'll play at the Cottage? I'm not sure any owner has stayed longer than 10-15 years, and Khan has already been here for 6 years, so youre asserting that we only have 4-9 seasons left at the cottage, right?

If "The Khans" upgrade Craven Cottage with "Premier League Stadium" revenue before we have new owners, then the chance of leaving the cottage falls dramatically. I think we will be able to find a Billionaire that will buy FFC, if he thinks he make FFC into a Premier League Football team. If Craven Cottage cannot generate the same revenue as other premier league stadiums or more revenue than other championship stadiums, then FFC will be leaving the cottage.

While FFC Fans think TK has overspent, but with Riverside stand he can spend even more and keep us up. If the "Riverside Stand" had been built FFP rules would have allowed Tony Khan to also buy M.Montayo and M.Targett, which would have us close to 17th place now. If "THe Khans" give Craven Cottage a £100 million upgrade that will change everything for us.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 10, 2019, 10:21:39 PM
If "The Khans" upgrade Craven Cottage with "Premier League Stadium" revenue before we have new owners, then the chance of leaving the cottage falls dramatically.

Why?

We're talking about an increase of 4,300 seats, a 17% increase in capacity, which if full probably equates to about £2m in additional gate receipts per year (total current gate receipts will be £10m-£15m per year).

And of course, we have to be filling those seats to generate that extra revenue, and our historical attendance figures show we'll only do that if we're already a decent, established mid-table PL side - not in the Championship or a PL relegation battle.

So the extra revenue from the new stand will
(a) be zero, unless and until Khan or the new owner can turn us into an established PL side,
(b) in that case, still only (i) represent less than 2% of our total revenue, and (ii) equate roughly to the difference in TV money awarded to teams finishing one place apart (eg, the difference in PL TV money for finishing 12th vs 13th).

All in all, to me that seems pretty bloody insignificant.

Not only that, but since the new stand involves building out into the river, it will expand the footprint of the CC site, and presumably increase its value to a property developer, who may use that extra space to build an extra 30 flats, for example. So since your fundamental point seems to be that "Craven Cottage is just worth much much too much" to use as a football ground, I cannot see why the proposed development of the Riverside stand will change that.   

The Rock

This is not the Venkys or Mike Ashely from Newcastle. The Khans spent £100m! They want to be successful.

But, the Khans sadly are just stupid. An auto part is not a footballer.

Dodgin

Boycott the Chelsea game, even after their drubbing, not a chance. Don't believe in it anyway

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2019, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 10, 2019, 10:21:39 PM
If "The Khans" upgrade Craven Cottage with "Premier League Stadium" revenue before we have new owners, then the chance of leaving the cottage falls dramatically.

Why?

We're talking about an increase of 4,300 seats, a 17% increase in capacity, which if full probably equates to about £2m in additional gate receipts per year (total current gate receipts will be £10m-£15m per year).

And of course, we have to be filling those seats to generate that extra revenue, and our historical attendance figures show we'll only do that if we're already a decent, established mid-table PL side - not in the Championship or a PL relegation battle.

So the extra revenue from the new stand will
(a) be zero, unless and until Khan or the new owner can turn us into an established PL side,
(b) in that case, still only (i) represent less than 2% of our total revenue, and (ii) equate roughly to the difference in TV money awarded to teams finishing one place apart (eg, the difference in PL TV money for finishing 12th vs 13th).

All in all, to me that seems pretty bloody insignificant.

Not only that, but since the new stand involves building out into the river, it will expand the footprint of the CC site, and presumably increase its value to a property developer, who may use that extra space to build an extra 30 flats, for example. So since your fundamental point seems to be that "Craven Cottage is just worth much much too much" to use as a football ground, I cannot see why the proposed development of the Riverside stand will change that.

Your estimate is 30,000 seater stadium will earn £17m (or £2m  extra) per year in gate fees is a little low, as Southampton have a 32,000 seat stadium earning £22.5 million per year. If FFC sell 30,000 tickets at Saints prices, that is an extra £6m per year. You say riverstand gives us £2m more per year and I think its £6m per year.

What difference does "£2m in additional gate receipts" make?

Ryan Fredrick's salary is estimated to be £2 million per year. I think a better Right-Back againist Brighton(A), Watford(H), Cardiff (A), Huddersfield (A), Leceister (H), Newcastle (A) and Wolves (H) would have gained us a three points before the Winter Transfer Window opened.

Having Ryan Fredricks, three more points and no TFM may have meant Gary Cahill would have joined during the winter transfer window, which may have meant Fulham drew against Burnley and Tottenham. Giving FFC 5 more points, Burnley 2 less points and we will have a better back line for the last 12 games.

Having Ryan Fredricks may have also meant we got extra revenue for next season like one extra game on TV (giving the club an extra million) and he may have helped us finish one place higher (18th vs 19th so we get another extra £2m). An extra £3m this season means we can pay for him next year in the Championship increasing the odds of bouncing up.

Why cannot we repeat the model of the Past?

Due FFP Rules Mohammad Al Fayed couldn't have done what he did today, because in MAF's first season in the EPL players wages exceeded revenue, plus transfer fees were two years of broadcast revenue (ie. which would have been 200m today and thats with a good Championship squad). Mohammad Al Fayed model was to spend like crazy to get in the Premier League and then bring players through to stay there. It worked then, but gets you punished badly now. "The Khans" have another model, they believ in so much that they bought Fulham.

Is 30,000 seats at Craven Cottage Enough?

I don't know if 30,000 seats is enough for Craven Cottage to be a Premier League ground, but it will be very very close. If the FFC owner invests in a lot of youth development (which is FFP excempt to some extent) and great training factilites, then we should be able to be one of top championship teams, which hopefully gets us promoted from time to time. And, once in the EPL 30,000 is enough to keep our revenue above the lowest teams, which will keep us up if provided they don't spend their money better than us.