Main Menu

Get rid of all the players on loan

Started by CorkCity, February 09, 2019, 10:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

Too many players on our starting 11 on loan. No fight for FFC
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

hovewhite

Ship em out give the youngsters ago for rest of season,at least they're be hungry!!

Statto

I'd keep Chambers because he puts the effort in. But yeah, Steven Sessegnon, Rodak and OReilly should be in the squad and TFM, Rico and Vietto sent back to their parent clubs, even if we're still paying their wages. Keep Schurrle around but it should be Ryan Sessegnon starting every week.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Interesting that the players on loan last year, Mitro, Targett, and really cared less due to bumper pay day but put in a shift Fredricks all had a heart.

You might need to tweet Tony Khan and simply ask why he wasted £100m.

The Rational Fan

FFC have to decide whether certain players (Fabri, Anguissa and Ryan Sessegnon) are to be kept as first team players or sold during the summer. We need to integrate players we are keeping into Fulham and we need showcase players leaving to get the best price, so no point wasting premier league experience on loan players that are leaving like Rico.

Neil D

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 10, 2019, 12:16:27 PM
so no point wasting premier league experience on loan players that are leaving like Rico.

That's why Fabri, in the absence of Bettinelli, should be given a run in the team.  It's not as though Rico was exceptional on Saturday. 

filham

It is going to be a very difficult summer with lots of players wanting out, we should now be filtering  those that may be here next season and giving them experience.

No doubt that Betts should be our first choice keeper, he really is not far behind Rico, in fact some will say he should be first choice now.
There were some crosses yesterday that were badly handled by Rico  and his habit to punch instead of catch is worrying.

Balham Boy

None of those players will be with us next year.

Add Mitro, Cairney, Vietto, Scurrle and Babel to the exit plus the players out of contract.

We'll be starting from scratch as this season and the one when we went down.

We all know the reasons but hopefully we find a young manager with some experience who's given time to build a team in his philosophy similar to Slav.

In terms of players we need to be looking at Che Adams or similar......if we get it right it could be an exciting season......get it wrong, could be a long time before we get back...

SG

Would not play Schurrle, Vietto, Babel, Rico, TFM again. Would not pick Markovich (spelling) at all. Would only play Chambers because we need the experience, the remainder would be players who we hope would be here next season or we expect to be selling and therefore they would be in the shop window.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: SG on February 10, 2019, 12:52:36 PM
Would not play Schurrle, Vietto, Babel, Rico, TFM again. Would not pick Markovich (spelling) at all. Would only play Chambers because we need the experience, the remainder would be players who we hope would be here next season or we expect to be selling and therefore they would be in the shop window.

Didn't we out and out sign Markovich?

SG

No he is on loan to the end of the season

Sting of the North

Quote from: SG on February 10, 2019, 12:58:56 PM

Surely than can't be right since we already had the maximum allowed two PL loans (TFM and CHambers).

Sting of the North

Quote from: CorkCity on February 09, 2019, 10:02:20 PM

I think you are on the wrong track. Many loan players have shown fight for FFC. See Piazon, Norwood, Kalas, Targett, Mitro last season. Look at Chambers and Rico this season. I would add to that that a player like Vietto tries really hard, he is just not a good enough player. So, being on loan has very little to do with whether or not the players are up for the fight in my opinion.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 10, 2019, 01:15:58 PM

I think you are on the wrong track. Many loan players have shown fight for FFC. See Piazon, Norwood, Kalas, Targett, Mitro last season. Look at Chambers and Rico this season. I would add to that that a player like Vietto tries really hard, he is just not a good enough player. So, being on loan has very little to do with whether or not the players are up for the fight in my opinion.

Depends on the rationale for dropping them.

If it's that we want players who'll fight hard for the next 12 games, I agree that may include one or two of the loanees.

But for me it's about looking ahead to next season, building some spirit and familiarity between those who'll be playing together next year, and showing we still have faith in them, or giving the younger players valuable match day experience.

So if you look at Rico for example, yes he's our best keeper IMO and will probably put the effort in, but nonetheless he won't be here next season so I'd play Fabri (if there's any chance we'll keep him) or even Rodak.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2019, 01:35:02 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 10, 2019, 01:15:58 PM

Depends on the rationale for dropping them.

If it's that we want players who'll fight hard for the next 12 games, I agree that may include one or two of the loanees.

But for me it's about looking ahead to next season, building some spirit and familiarity between those who'll be playing together next year, and showing we still have faith in them, or giving the younger players valuable match day experience.

So if you look at Rico, he's our best keeper IMO and will probably put the effort in, but nonetheless he won't be hear next season so I'd play Fabri (if there's any chance we'll keep him) or even Rodak.

I can see the rationale for selecting players with next season in mind (although would personally wait until it is even more certain that we will get relegated). My point was merely that I don't see the pattern between loan players and lack of effort.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I said the very same thing to my old man earlier. Just play the youngsters. We're down. End of. Give them first team experience. Play sess before he buggers off so we can eek out more pennies.

We need to utilise the one good thing in the club at the moment, the academy.

We also need to find a captain, or a player who will grab games by the scruff and show some passion.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Twig

I think there is some merit in this if you accept we are down (which I do).  However there are one or two for whom you could make a case, Chambers is the only obvious one.

filham

Quote from: Balham Boy on February 10, 2019, 12:46:34 PM
None of those players will be with us next year.

Add Mitro, Cairney, Vietto, Scurrle and Babel to the exit plus the players out of contract.

We'll be starting from scratch as this season and the one when we went down.

We all know the reasons but hopefully we find a young manager with some experience who's given time to build a team in his philosophy similar to Slav.

In terms of players we need to be looking at Che Adams or similar......if we get it right it could be an exciting season......get it wrong, could be a long time before we get back...
We had the basis of a team this season, had we just added quality at full backs and centre back we wouldn't have done too badly.

Now next season any player worth keeping is likely to be away, we will be faced with a complete rebuild and the chances of being successful at that are very low.

copthornemike

Quote from: SG on February 10, 2019, 12:58:56 PM
Sorry SG - out and out transfer from Liverpool. You might have been confused a little as I believe we signed him on a short term contract so little risk.