watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We now have time

Started by FulhamStu, February 09, 2019, 10:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Something we did not have after the Wembley party.   It was partly that lack of time that has cost us, but more so, the lack of forward thinking, too many loans...too much to do.  But also not good footballing know how, nativity, money can get us through.. many things.

For me it was certainly NOT the Khans lack of support to the club as much as their lack of knowledge of football.

You get no where without the ability to defend, well maybe unless you are as good as Man City, or as good as wee were 2nd half of the season last time out.  This papered over the cracks. Ream had a brilliant season, Odoi played beyond himself etc etc, but we were still not great defenders.

We spent big, we bought in very good players, Mitro coming permenantly was huge.  BUT, Mawson apart, and he was injured the recruitment of the one area where we we're weakest was poor...very poor.   There will be reasons we don't know, but at the end of the day, this was the big error.

Shahid, Mackintosh and Tony need to step back, we are relegated.  Sure, they want us back in the Premier League but this time we need to take the longer term view.  We need a football man in charge of football.  We need a coach to work with the football man at the head, directing Tony Khan and the recruitment team in the right direction.  We tried this before with Rigg, and this was the right idea, the problem was the Khans were new into the game and Rigg was a bit too far up his own arse.

We have a lot of time before the Championships first game.  Like many of you I would now ditch the
Ranieri experiment.  The problem with this is that it will be massively unpopular with the media and not do our image any good.  But to hell with that.  Get Parker to take over, get him to start to prepare for next season.  Bable, Schurrle, can be part of it, but they will not be part of it next season.  Work out who will.  Bring them on.  Start the planning now.  I can live with that and if our owners make this clear I am sure 90% of our fans will also get behind them, the club and the team, as we always do.

I am not saying Parker should be next seasons manager and I would tell him that.  But maybe Wagner in with Parker as his no2, would not be a bad start.

Milo

I'm still reeling from past few months of what has been a very steep, slippery slope.

I am trying to think objectively. What has worked? What worked for other clubs? Who won't be here next season?

So, I agree with your assessment of Rigg. I think getting him back would be a great idea but bridges burned now. However, we need someone similar in that role.

Parker til the end of the season... well it's hardly ideal is it. But I actually dislike Ranieri. I dislike how he talks about the players, his body language etc. I would be happy to see him leave. Parker wouldn't be ideal but he would plug a hole until we gather our thoughts.

Any interim manager's role would be to begin integrating youth players slowly eg Steve Sess and to get back on side our Championship ready players eg Cairney, Macdonald etc because we will need them as part of a squad rotation system if nothing else.

Statto

Other than the bit about Wagner, I agree

FulhamStu

Quote from: Milo on February 09, 2019, 11:07:50 PM
I'm still reeling from past few months of what has been a very steep, slippery slope.

I am trying to think objectively. What has worked? What worked for other clubs? Who won't be here next season?

So, I agree with your assessment of Rigg. I think getting him back would be a great idea but bridges burned now. However, we need someone similar in that role.

Parker til the end of the season... well it's hardly ideal is it. But I actually dislike Ranieri. I dislike how he talks about the players, his body language etc. I would be happy to see him leave. Parker wouldn't be ideal but he would plug a hole until we gather our thoughts.

Any interim manager's role would be to begin integrating youth players slowly eg Steve Sess and to get back on side our Championship ready players eg Cairney, Macdonald etc because we will need them as part of a squad rotation system if nothing else.

I don't want Rigg back, but I would like Alladyce in a director of football role.  I know he is not everyone cup of tea, but he knows the game better than anyone, does not suffer fools and is actually into modern techniques like Stats so would be a great fit with a Parker type or better still Wagner as head coach.

toshes mate

I believe this analysis of the Club is as richly flawed in much the way the Khans appears to have closed their eyes and crossed their fingers when making decisions about the many seminal moments of shuddering dread they should have been more sensitive about as calamity after calamity has befallen the Club.  Their luckiest day occurred last May and even then they really did show the true colours of failure to seize a moment, understand why it happened, enjoy it very briefly and then get back to hard work.  Just like so many for whom fortune falls in their favour they did not see it as anything other than something very successful they had worked toward and achieved and done all because they think they knew/know what they were/are doing.  The Khans are incapable of seeing their past and their present in any other way.   

Psychologists would no doubt have a term for the condition but I just call it a basic lack of the modest fundamentals of the human condition.  And please do not get me wrong.  The Khans share their flaws with many, many others who have much money in contemporary society.   It is just that in football there are still people who do not ever get carried away by success or get stunned by failure and they are priceless.   The Khans probably know who they are but seemingly immune to the attraction or prefer not to enjoy the company because their profiles just do not fit their ideas of the required image.  The Khans would be better running Fulham as they do their many US factories - in absence but with people in key company positions knowing exactly what the Khans are about.  The personal touch was no doubt there for a reason but the football on the pitch was never the prime focus the Khans should have had from the start, that is clear from their record.

FulhamStu

Quote from: toshes mate on February 10, 2019, 09:22:24 AM
I believe this analysis of the Club is as richly flawed in much the way the Khans appears to have closed their eyes and crossed their fingers when making decisions about the many seminal moments of shuddering dread they should have been more sensitive about as calamity after calamity has befallen the Club.  Their luckiest day occurred last May and even then they really did show the true colours of failure to seize a moment, understand why it happened, enjoy it very briefly and then get back to hard work.  Just like so many for whom fortune falls in their favour they did not see it as anything other than something very successful they had worked toward and achieved and done all because they think they knew/know what they were/are doing.  The Khans are incapable of seeing their past and their present in any other way.   

Psychologists would no doubt have a term for the condition but I just call it a basic lack of the modest fundamentals of the human condition.  And please do not get me wrong.  The Khans share their flaws with many, many others who have much money in contemporary society.   It is just that in football there are still people who do not ever get carried away by success or get stunned by failure and they are priceless.   The Khans probably know who they are but seemingly immune to the attraction or prefer not to enjoy the company because their profiles just do not fit their ideas of the required image.  The Khans would be better running Fulham as they do their many US factories - in absence but with people in key company positions knowing exactly what the Khans are about.  The personal touch was no doubt there for a reason but the football on the pitch was never the prime focus the Khans should have had from the start, that is clear from their record.

Tosh, that sounds like a load of tosh to me and frankly quite arrogant.  How come you are able to understand the Khan family so well ?   Are you a close friend of theirs or maybe even a relative of some sort who was left out of the will.  Honestly mate, have a view of course, that's what this forum is all about.

You are clearly an intellegent fellow, how about giving us some solutions to the situation Fulham Football Club finds itself in.  I assume you would like Shahid Khan to sell ?    Do you think a none very rich person could get a loan for say £150 million and then lose say £30 million a year until we end up in the conference.

There are many reasons to critisise our owner, I get it.   We make mistakes, but we also don't seem to attract much luck.   My solution is to appoint in a senior football role a proper football person, a bit like Mo did when he appointed Keegan.   Come. On, give me some advice on what we should do ?