https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At least we know why babel never made it in the prem

Started by CorkCity, February 10, 2019, 12:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

..FOF..

I thought he created several good through passes for our opportunities in the first half.... we should be leading at most 2 goals if the team mates can convert.

DevonFFC

Yep spot on, he is defiantly the worst player in our team and didn't make it in the prem... you speak utter dross. He looks easily capable at this level and if it's the missed chance let's not forget the copious amounts of chances we have missed this season

grandad

He was better than most. At least he looks interested. Couple more games to get his stamina up & he will knock Vietto out of the reckoning.
Where there's a will there's a wife

King Mitro

I think he's been one of our best players in every game he's played so far. The standard has been very low though.

Matt10

This is a wind up thread, please don't encourage it with responses.

Gezza

Twig

jarv

Poor english. Don't you mean where the hell is Cork city? :005:

filham

Babel not looking too bad, Ranieri still trying to decide where to play him though. Always a chance we will see him at right back next week.

copthornemike

Quote from: filham on February 10, 2019, 05:19:27 PM
Babel not looking too bad, Ranieri still trying to decide where to play him though. Always a chance we will see him at right back next week.
Definitely worth a shot in my humble opinion.
He has sufficient pace and a good physique although stamina might be an issue for 90 minutes. Also he appears to be a more intelligent player now with experience.
Also I note that although he has been played out wide on our left he cuts inside more often than not, so appears to be comfortable on his right foot. 
Just don't let Schurrle be the player in front of him as he so clearly offers little defensive support to our right back. Felt sorry for Odoi yesterday as he faced the pacy Martial, Shawe and Pogba on his own - only Chambers seemed to provide any useful support!

Carborundum

He's decent.  My friend sat in the next seat thought he was our best player and was amazed he came off.  I wasn't quite in that place, but respect his point of view.

Based on watching him three times, I'd suggest Babel is a clever and quite unselfish player who is probably a joy to play with.  I'm glad he's here and hope he fancies a season in the Championship.

Twig

Babel has looked decent, I have no idea why Cork City singled him out.

Milo

I enjoyed watching him receive the ball at one point and angle his body and stare at the wing where he clearly thought Bryan should be.

At other times he would win clever free kicks and take the pressure off our defence.

Good first touch and retains possession well.

I think he's clearly very experienced and the others are often a step behind actually.

Wonder if he will stay in Championship? He's our player, he is 32... Hmm who knows.

The Rock

So there you have it. Babel is one of our best players on the pitch, and he is not good enough for the PL.

Fact.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought Babel was decent so far, needs to get up to speed with match fitness, but his application was encouraging, obviously has ability, hope he improves rapidly as we are running out of time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

You can look at every player (maybe not defenders) individually and say they are great players with individual moments of brilliance or intelligence.

But there's so much mismatch in terms of everyone seems to be on different wave lengths, doing their own thing. Can guarantee the likes of Seri, Cairney, Mitro, Chambers would work well if intensive productive work went on at Motspur putting the individual talent together as well as in a better environment instead of the toxicity that's developed.

How a team can show 10 minutes per game of actual skill, ability and positioning just to give up after conceding.
I did find it amusing when Bryan nutmegged Babel though 😂

toshes mate

Quote from: Newry FFC on February 11, 2019, 11:57:29 AM
You can look at every player (maybe not defenders) individually and say they are great players with individual moments of brilliance or intelligence.

But there's so much mismatch in terms of everyone seems to be on different wave lengths, doing their own thing. Can guarantee the likes of Seri, Cairney, Mitro, Chambers would work well if intensive productive work went on at Motspur putting the individual talent together as well as in a better environment instead of the toxicity that's developed.

How a team can show 10 minutes per game of actual skill, ability and positioning just to give up after conceding.
Thank you for adding a bit of class to the OP's original point which seems to have flown over dissenter's heads.  Babel is for me another 'mismatch' in a team of misfits struggling to find someone who, having worked with each of them on a daily basis, is apparently struggling to get their own grey matter operating at the most basic of levels.   The team is 'crap' ergo the whole machine responsible for putting them together as an organised and cohesive football team is also 'crap'.   The comment about playing him as a right back echoes the problems faced by Fulham over and over again until insanity sets in if it hasn't already. 

Jamie88

Quote from: toshes mate on February 11, 2019, 01:00:08 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on February 11, 2019, 11:57:29 AM

Thank you for adding a bit of class to the OP's original point which seems to have flown over dissenter's heads.  Babel is for me another 'mismatch' in a team of misfits struggling to find someone who, having worked with each of them on a daily basis, is apparently struggling to get their own grey matter operating at the most basic of levels.   The team is 'crap' ergo the whole machine responsible for putting them together as an organised and cohesive football team is also 'crap'.   The comment about playing him as a right back echoes the problems faced by Fulham over and over again until insanity sets in if it hasn't already. 

I don't think anything flew over anyone's heads - the OP was stating that Babel is crap and the majority believe he has shown to be one of our best performers in his first few games.

toshes mate

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 11, 2019, 06:04:32 PM
I don't think anything flew over anyone's heads - the OP was stating that Babel is crap and the majority believe he has shown to be one of our best performers in his first few games.
I never trust the opinions of those who have to hide behind a majority.  But it was such crap luck when Babel hit the post when it was easier to score.....