watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic-Jardim parallel?

Started by aster, February 10, 2019, 09:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aster

As you all know, Jardim was sacked by Monaco around the same time as Jokanovic, but has now returned as their head coach because he feels that he has some "unfinished business" there. His only requirement? Sack Michael "the Snake" Emenalo as Monaco sporting director.

Now, I really think that Jokanovic has some unfinished business at Fulham, that he had a vision for a club, played exciting football, was well-liked by players, especially young, and was unfairly sacrificed as a scapegoat after a poor transfer window with Tony Khan in charge. However, a missing piece in this "Jardim-Jokanovic" parallel is what Jokanovic's condition for a return to Fulham would be. Would Tony Khan be his Emenalo and more freedom in choosing players a requirement? Jokanovic sure has been careful in choosing his words since departure and has not burned all the bridges.

All in all, I think this would be the best solution for all. Ranieri has always been a short-term manager for Fulham, coming for money only, with no vision.

Baszab

Unfortunately one of the main reasons SJ left was over money and his new contract

hovewhite

Quote from: Baszab on February 10, 2019, 09:53:22 AM
Unfortunately one of the main reasons SJ left was over money and his new contract
whatever the reason we've burned our bridges

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on February 10, 2019, 10:35:58 AM
Quote from: Baszab on February 10, 2019, 09:53:22 AM
whatever the reason we've burned our bridges

and Minces Garden Shed down as well 🔥
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

Quote from: aster on February 10, 2019, 09:25:55 AM
As you all know, Jardim was sacked by Monaco around the same time as Jokanovic, but has now returned as their head coach because he feels that he has some "unfinished business" there. His only requirement? Sack Michael "the Snake" Emenalo as Monaco sporting director.

Now, I really think that Jokanovic has some unfinished business at Fulham, that he had a vision for a club, played exciting football, was well-liked by players, especially young, and was unfairly sacrificed as a scapegoat after a poor transfer window with Tony Khan in charge. However, a missing piece in this "Jardim-Jokanovic" parallel is what Jokanovic's condition for a return to Fulham would be. Would Tony Khan be his Emenalo and more freedom in choosing players a requirement? Jokanovic sure has been careful in choosing his words since departure and has not burned all the bridges.

All in all, I think this would be the best solution for all. Ranieri has always been a short-term manager for Fulham, coming for money only, with no vision.

Good post.

I would have no qualms about Jokanovic returning. At the very least, I could look forward to the style of football we would be playing again. 'Better the devil you know' as the saying goes.

And while we're about it, let's consider going cap-in-hand back to Stuart Gray and asking him to return as well.

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on February 10, 2019, 11:46:54 AM

Good post.

I would have no qualms about Jokanovic returning. At the very least, I could look forward to the style of football we would be playing again. 'Better the devil you know' as the saying goes.

And while we're about it, let's consider going cap-in-hand back to Stuart Gray and asking him to return as well.

Two good posts, agree

SG

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2019, 11:49:18 AM
Quote from: Arthur on February 10, 2019, 11:46:54 AM

Good post.

Two good posts, agree

We live in hope !

gezkc

Unfortunately I can't see SJ coming back, or being asked to.

But, we can live in hope!

Twig

It doesn't matter whether it is the return of Joka or the Messiah,  it won't work unless Tony Khan stands down from football related duties about which he knows very little.

sarvenpa

Quote from: Twig on February 10, 2019, 03:01:05 PM
It doesn't matter whether it is the return of Joka or the Messiah,  it won't work unless Tony Khan stands down from football related duties about which he knows very little.

:plus one:

Carborundum

Very soon it will be abundantly clear that our next manager needs to be someone who can sort out a bunch of misfits and youngsters and turn them into promotion contenders.

Shahid Khan is a smart enough person to realise that such people don't grow on trees and he knows a man who has done it twice.  But he's proud enough that the familial issues may prevent him from doing so.

IKnowNothing

Quote from: Carborundum on February 10, 2019, 07:16:48 PM
Very soon it will be abundantly clear that our next manager needs to be someone who can sort out a bunch of misfits and youngsters and turn them into promotion contenders.

Shahid Khan is a smart enough person to realise that such people don't grow on trees and he knows a man who has done it twice.  But he's proud enough that the familial issues may prevent him from doing so.
Its his business and his money to spend. If Tony can't do the job then suffer the consequences. Reality can be very tough teacher but its the only way to learn.
After Joka I'm really not sure if the Kahn's have the ability or self reflection to figure this out. I think they will sell soon.
Maybe they have other ways of making money off the club that I don't know about. Financialization and all. Sad situation all around.

Bracken White

Like the Stuart Gray reference, too - seemed to me a retrograde step to dismiss him, for no apparent reason. He added some organisation to our defence.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique