Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Anger management

Started by bog, February 10, 2019, 09:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Berserker on February 11, 2019, 09:32:32 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 11, 2019, 04:39:34 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 10, 2019, 09:55:39 PM
I can recall my day at Wembley last year like it was yesterday.  The pride, the sense of triumph, a final won after so many nearly years, the squad and manager and their joy at the end. What a day.  How on earth did it all get flushed down the toilet? Angry, you bet I'm angry, very bloody angry.

Isn't the playoff winner normally the most likely team to go down in the Premier League?
Yes

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The question should be is the play off winner who had a magnificent second half to the season and spent £100m in the summer on new players the favourite to go down.

toshes mate

Dear Bog
You have every right to be angry, and who, after six decades of tender love for the friendly club by the river, would not feel spurned by a young upstart telling you 'to go to hell' rather than to spend time with you apologising for the outbursts and at the very least acknowledging how they have let you down, before asking you how they can make amends and repair the bond.

As Arthur Conan Doyle once wrote 'Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself' and so the young upstart, who appears to have no one keeping him in his place and a deep wallet with which to impress upon his peers, squanders it all on mirror images of himself, as common as an empty carton, whilst the savvy watch him po- faced at the colour of his notes but smiling inwardly at the once in a lifetime good fortune that has this day visited them.   Easy come, easy go, is what my great grandmother used to say about the fool and his money.

For as long as this Khan remains in office at Motspur Park no good will come of it.  What he leaves behind him will take one hell of a lot longer to repair however.

LittleErn

As Oswhite said "I am a rare poster, but have been moved to write this as I am now certain that Ranieri must go.
There was a small bounce when he arrived, the defence improved a little, and I was then confident that his experience in grooming success at this level could turn things around, but, apart from the Brighton second-half, which may have been inspired by the team talk by Scott Parker, players taking it upon themselves to play in the way best suited to their abilities, and definitely by the introduction of Tom, and rare glimpses in other games, there have been far too few signs of organisation and motivation from the top.
On top of this his outspoken criticism of players in the media, his obvious fallout with Tom, his ostracisation of Ryan, his team selection and substitutions conspire to suggest that he has fallen out with the club and wants the worst for Fulham - unlikely - or he lacks the understanding needed to fit the players into the best playing method for them, and/or he does not appreciate that football is played in the mind on and off the field, that confidence breeds confidence and results, and that loyalty to the badge is more important than hyped unrealistic transfer fees as a basis for team selection."

Well said Oswhite. I'm another Old Sod (supporter since 1954) who feels let down by the club's ineptitude. I have seen no improvement since Slav left - I think he was just beginning to get to grips with the Prem when they sacked him. It smack of desperation to say sack yet another manager, but I regret that I don't think Ranieri is the man for this club. His tactics don't fit with our personnel (though I'm not sure anyone else could make our current squad much better) and his man management style has alienated players who could offer him an alternative if he were not too stubborn to try it. As others have pointed out though, our squad is too small, physically weak, lacks pace and is too inexperienced for the Prem. Who's fault is that? Recruitment team springs to mind.  I still hope, but every game eats into that hope.

Milo

I enjoy tuning in to Berbatovs Instagram to keep me entertained during the mire of this season.

Today he is feeding pigeons in a random park...

bog

To Tosh and all the other repliers. I think my anger is because we can all see the problem but those in charge appear not to. I did not expect Champions League qualification but hoped for mid table. We had a brilliant manager and were playing football that was widely respected by the media and pundits. Then we spent 105m and I think most of us thought gosh! Then goals started going in with much ease and with those new players we began to have serious doubts. Then Slav was sacked. He had not signed a new contract which I was worried about, but perhaps he knew what was coming having to work with players he did not know joining the club.
   Although going down is painful if I saw our team giving everything the pain would not be quite gut wrenching. But after some of our inept and abject displays I have watched with real concern. I would take Slav back today, he first arrived when we were in chaos then, but remove Khan from any transfer dealings for ever. It is so hard to leave vertically from the excellent Championship that to slip back down so feebly is the cause of my rabid anger.  :031: But I will never lose my love of the club itself....ever! 049:gif     

092.gif     

SG

As you say I can accept being relegated but what I can never accept is the total lack of fight and resistance by this team. It pains me to say but whatever Premiership game you watch the players are battling and physically challenging each other throughout. Ours are not - if you want a good example MLM's 'tackle' on Martial for his goal last Saturday. I'd bollock my young grandson if he put a tackle in like that

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on February 11, 2019, 10:19:08 AM
Dear Bog
You have every right to be angry, and who, after six decades of tender love for the friendly club by the river, would not feel spurned by a young upstart telling you 'to go to hell' rather than to spend time with you apologising for the outbursts and at the very least acknowledging how they have let you down, before asking you how they can make amends and repair the bond.

As Arthur Conan Doyle once wrote 'Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself' and so the young upstart, who appears to have no one keeping him in his place and a deep wallet with which to impress upon his peers, squanders it all on mirror images of himself, as common as an empty carton, whilst the savvy watch him po- faced at the colour of his notes but smiling inwardly at the once in a lifetime good fortune that has this day visited them.   Easy come, easy go, is what my great grandmother used to say about the fool and his money.

For as long as this Khan remains in office at Motspur Park no good will come of it.  What he leaves behind him will take one hell of a lot longer to repair however.

You have written many an excellent and truthful elequent post in your time, but this one is up there with the best of them. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on February 12, 2019, 09:50:26 AM
To Tosh and all the other repliers. I think my anger is because we can all see the problem but those in charge appear not to. I did not expect Champions League qualification but hoped for mid table. We had a brilliant manager and were playing football that was widely respected by the media and pundits. Then we spent 105m and I think most of us thought gosh! Then goals started going in with much ease and with those new players we began to have serious doubts. Then Slav was sacked. He had not signed a new contract which I was worried about, but perhaps he knew what was coming having to work with players he did not know joining the club.
   Although going down is painful if I saw our team giving everything the pain would not be quite gut wrenching. But after some of our inept and abject displays I have watched with real concern. I would take Slav back today, he first arrived when we were in chaos then, but remove Khan from any transfer dealings for ever. It is so hard to leave vertically from the excellent Championship that to slip back down so feebly is the cause of my rabid anger.  :031: But I will never lose my love of the club itself....ever! 049:gif     

092.gif     

I concur with all you have written, first class.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.